What’s your hair type

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
I have 3b hair but its not as long or thick as Lovve Sammys (yet 🤞🤞🤞🤞)

View attachment 145299
I think growing up we all wanted jasmine brown’s hair
1602022925229.jpeg

my hooyo has 3c, my aabo has 3b. I have 3b

my hair is straight when it's short, then it becomes wavy when it hits a certain length, then finally curly when it becomes long enough.

Typical 3a
weird fact but my hair used to be wavy/semi straight when I was around 5/6 or younger the texture has changed a lot over the years

If I take a dna test, I wouldn’t be surprised if I had bantu blood. It’s not that I look Bantu, it’s that my hair is completely different from the Somalis I’ve seen. Its not madow, it’s just really thick and fluffy. I’m lucky that I’m light skin tho because it doesn’t look bad on me. the closest pic I could find that looks like my hair is this girl
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

but when my hair is wet it’s completely different. It looks exactly like this

My moms hair is exactly like this but straight

my dad’s looks like every other farax

genetics is weird right?
Lots of Somalis have your hair type it’s looks around 4b it doesn’t mean you have Bantu blood. There is misconception that all Somalis have the same typical 3c/b hair type which isn’t true.
However I haven’t seen a Somali with 4c hair yet that black people tend to have

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
It’s very unlikely you have Bantu ancestry , there are many Somalis that have that type of hair . Even if you look at old pictures of Somali nomads you can see that some have woolly curly hair . Somali hair can range from wavy to kinky hair.

42469809bdfa1fc8f806adce41fc26e3.jpg

1d9831e6e3c20266c38c55fe9d1a05c8.jpg

ac83fb2d72d9b3dd0d7b8011cf726d05--somali-djibouti.jpg

My hair is mostly 3b with a bit of 3a. This Ethiopian girl has the most similar hair texture to me I've seen so far. Sadly, but hair is not as long and thick as hers due to my shit diet and poor overall health.

Villainess

My hair is mostly 3b with a bit of 3a. This Ethiopian girl has the most similar hair texture to me I've seen so far. Sadly, but hair is not as long and thick as hers due to my shit diet and poor overall health.

i have that exact hair but it always frizzes, how do I get that original texture :cosbyhmm:

i have that exact hair but it always frizzes, how do I get that original texture :cosbyhmm:

I dunno, walaahi. Frizzy hair is caused by a lack of moisture and rough cuticles so I guess keeping your hair moisturized (and sealing in that moisture), staying hydrated and protecting your hair from excessive heat could help.

Villainess

I dunno, walaahi. Frizzy hair is caused by a lack of moisture and rough cuticles so I guess keeping your hair moisturized (and sealing in that moisture), staying hydrated and protecting your hair from excessive heat could help.
I’m trying. I put nafaqo in my hair every week and stopped the heat but it’s still no progress

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
Genetics are weird, and you’re not alone if you have Bantu DNA, or any other African ethnicity. It’s virtually impossible to not have something in the mix, any one of those ancient ancestors genes could decide to show up.

I have typical Somali hair 3b 3c I never know which one. But I was given such a complex about my hair growing up (oddly enough by my Hooyo who has 4c hair herself). I grew up hating it and not knowing what to do with it.

If there’s anything I would say to any Somali or black sister it’s - love your hair. Love and embrace all of its untamed curliness, it’s truly beautiful x

Villainess

Genetics are weird, and you’re not alone if you have Bantu DNA, or any other African ethnicity. It’s virtually impossible to not have something in the mix, any one of those ancient ancestors genes could decide to show up.

I have typical Somali hair 3b 3c I never know which one. But I was given such a complex about my hair growing up (oddly enough by my Hooyo who has 4c hair herself). I grew up hating it and not knowing what to do with it.

If there’s anything I would say to any Somali or black sister it’s - love your hair. Love and embrace all of its untamed curliness, it’s truly beautiful x
Thank you for that x

Trending

Latest posts