What’s the deal with Tutsi? Are Tutsi people related to Cushitic or Berber people?

My boyfriend told me that the fact that Tutsi people look Cushitic/Berber, but are generically Bantu with no admixture proves that there’s little to no difference between Somalis and Bantus . To me , Tutsi look like a halfie at best, but look extremely different from Cushitic/Amazigh folks. BUT my boyfriend thinks Obama looks Somali and his mum told that he’s a hero Somalia and all of Africa............... So

Gacanka Cadmeed

انا عربي, سْنْمْ هَنولاتو‌‌‌‌, Free Azawad, 🇾🇪
My boyfriend told me that the fact that Tutsi people look Cushitic/Berber, but are generically Bantu with no admixture proves that there’s little to no difference between Somalis and Bantus . To me , Tutsi look like a halfie at best, but look extremely different from Cushitic/Amazigh folks. BUT my boyfriend thinks Obama looks Somali and his mum told that he’s a hero Somalia and all of Africa............... So
They probably have nilotic origins with cushitic admixture. They do speak a bantu language Kinyarwanda so they are language shifters.

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
They definitely have some cushites in their blood but I'd say there originally niolotic.

Gacanka Cadmeed

انا عربي, سْنْمْ هَنولاتو‌‌‌‌, Free Azawad, 🇾🇪
They definitely have some cushites in their blood but I'd say there originally niolotic.
You shouldn't call them cushitic because the hutus used to say we are delivering the inyenzi back to their homeland Ethiopia when they dumped their bodies in the river which led to lake victoria

Obama is half kenyan-

Som

VIP
@Apollo I've seen tutsi results on 23 and me, some of them have significant ehtiopian ancestry. What do you think.?
Here's a tutsi result found on reddit. Op says he is half burundian half rwandan with all 4 tutsi grandparents
e6d11c0gzyu51.jpg

Last edited:

Som

VIP
Paul kagame looks full cushitic he could easily pass as somali or ethiopian
Paul_Kagame_MSC_2017_%28cropped%29.jpg

Apollo

VIP
@Som

Prehistoric South Cushites are closest to Central Ethiopians. They split from them in the Ethiopian highlands and then slowly moved from there into the Great Lakes area.

Somalis have slightly different genetics and where we precisely lived between 2,000 BCE-500 BCE is unknown, but it definitely wasn't highland Ethiopia. Somewhere in the arid parts of the Horn probably. The South Cushites probably didn't live in Somalia.

@Som

Prehistoric South Cushites are closest to Central Ethiopians. They split from them in the Ethiopian highlands and then slowly moved from there into the Great Lakes area.

Somalis have slightly different genetics and where we precisely lived between 2,000 BCE-500 BCE is unknown, but it definitely wasn't highland Ethiopia. Somewhere in the arid parts of the Horn probably. The South Cushites probably didn't live in Somalia.
When you mean Somalis and where we precisely lived 4000BP, do you mean defined as ancestral people speaking another language, or do you mean Somalis as they are today?

Apollo

VIP
When you mean Somalis and where we precisely lived 4000BP, do you mean defined as ancestral people speaking another language, or do you mean Somalis as they are today?

Ancestral Somalis, linguistically etc. None of the Ancient South Cushitic samples strike me as particularly Somali-like.

Apollo

VIP
The title of this thread made me think of the ties of Berbers and South Cushites and then my mind went to mtDNA U6a.

@The alchemist I have noticed that Somalis do not have any U6a (none in the large 23andMe database, also not in the various studies). Meanwhile Ethiopians have it and so do SC admixed Kenyans and Tanzanians (seen U6a detected there).

It hints at different Cushitic migrations.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
The title of this thread made me think of the ties of Berbers and South Cushites and then my mind went to mtDNA U6a.

@The alchemist I have noticed that Somalis do not have any U6a (none in the large 23andMe database, also not in the various studies). Meanwhile Ethiopians have it and so do SC admixed Kenyans and Tanzanians (seen U6a detected there).

It hints at different Cushitic migrations.
I saw that on someone’s maternal haplgroup, she was sheekhaal from jowhar. I discarded it as just maternal haplogroup being weird

Apollo

VIP
I saw that on someone’s maternal haplgroup, she was sheekhaal from jowhar. I discarded it as just maternal haplogroup being weird

I think you are confusing it for U3a, which I have seen a handful of times, but I have never seen U6a on a Somali in 23andme.

Trending