What’s the 2019 percentage of people practicing FGM in somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
@VixR

Sxb, many take their children for holidays and I didn’t say, all were due these children to undergo FGM. But how many, we don’t know.
Very Somali of you not to admit you’re wrong here.

At least Somalis who’re in denial are understandable in the sense that they don’t want to, or can’t deal with the ramifications of where things are. They need to be honest with themselves before things can change.

As for someone like you who manufactures the height of the problem, you’re actually a sick puzzle.

Very Somali of you not to admit you’re wrong here.

At least Somalis who’re in denial are understandable in the sense that they don’t want to, or can’t deal with the ramifications of where things are. They need to be honest with themselves before things can change.

As for someone like you who manufactures the height of the problem, you’re actually a sick puzzle.

@VixR

Fair dinkum, I accept all kinds of criticisms to my thoughts and opinions and may I ask you, what is your criticism based on? Do you live around many Somalis in your neck of the woods, even if you do, jurisdictions could differ. Thinking of childhood trips back home, I can count few females who went and some distant (clan) relatives who took their (only) daughters because they were going with the mothers. We are discussing anecdotally because as I said above, it is based on hunch. I wished we could post here a poll here and girls will be honest to vote. These days, when this issue is raised, girls easily use, 'I was born here' meaning? I wish and hope you are right and I'm wrong, but we Somalis are difficult to understand and these things do happen.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Hated being confronted with FGM. Yet they don't confront Egyptians on same issue while they practice it too. Luckily no more 90%

seriously nothing there there,beating drums of hysteria.

@roble

Sxb, maybe FGM is not widely practised in Somaliland and I believe you, but Somalis from Somalia couldn't be said of "hysteria". 3 years ago when I visited Mogadishu and Bosaaso, though some progress have been made combating this savage phenomenon, what I got the feeling from the locals viewpoint on this issue was the West is trying to impose their culture on Somalis. Maybe that is why me and @VixR couldn't see eye to eye on this point.

@roble

Sxb, maybe FGM is not widely practised in Somaliland and I believe you, but Somalis from Somalia couldn't be said of "hysteria". 3 years ago when I visited Mogadishu and Bosaaso, though some progress have been made combating this savage phenomenon, what I got the feeling from the locals viewpoint on this issue was the West is trying to impose their culture on Somalis. Maybe that is why me and @VixR couldn't see eye to eye on this point.

all I can say is almost NIL in lander world.know that for a fact, not sure in the south but i doubt is very many. Maybe some residue in some remote corner of the countryside.

@roble

Do you work in the health sector or for the government? That is a massive statement.

no i dont work there but once you live here a decade you know it all. I have wife,daughters.sisters,relatives and men friends, neva came across anyone seen or heard.
Take my word it doesnt exist and anyone caught doin will be taken to jail. Women are more assertive and they look out for such cases. Literally almost everyone is againest it and abhores. Its no longer a fad thing but a crime and even the girls will send the red flag to the community.
Families are ashamed to do. Very real.

Last edited:

VixR

Veritas
@roble

Somaliland has nothing to do with why we’re at odds on this thread.

Unless I have comprehension issues, you stated MANY Somali mothers take their daughters overseas for FGM based on an anecdotal article and your friend being married to an FGM’d girl unwittingly (nevermind your age-group has women who were FGM’d as kids in Somalia. I know this for a fact, bc I know a family who’s girls were). You then called for an anonymous poll on the Western-based Somali girls on this site, implying that many on here have undergone the practice.

Why you'd use anecdote to amplify a phenomenon while at the same time admitting you don’t have the data and are operating on a hunch goes beyond reason.

You’re on roids and need to pipe tf down.
no i dont work there but once you live here a decade you know it all. I have wife,daughters.sisters,relatives and men friends, neva came across anyone seen or heard.
Take my word it doesnt exist and anyone caught doin will be taken to jail. Women are more assertive and they look out for such cases. Literally almost everyone is againest it and abhores. Its no longer a fad thing but a crime and even the girls will send the red flag to the community.
Families are ashamed to do. Very real.
You on the other hand, are not a reliable source. This is coming from the guy who was agreeing with the imprisonment of a citizen based on his criticism of a goddamn date.

Several SLs who know the lay of the land, including women, would have to agree with you for me to believe anything you say.

Somalis are goddamn extremists either in one direction or the other, I swear to god :O27GWRK:

@VixR

Please quote me and I don't think I put it the way you think I said it. You queried with astonishment like it is news to you, how many travel overseas, I responded, many. From there, one is too many-----girls do undergo such procedures. Why is it hard for you to understand? Many un-virgin Somali men who f*ck more than hookers might like a virgin Somali girl and they might prefer one of these girls to see them bloodied in bed. This thread makes me sick, I hope that you rescue a Somali girl, talk to them on social media.

VixR

Veritas
@VixR

Please quote me and I don't think I put it the way you think I said it. You queried with astonishment like it is news to you, how many travel overseas, I responded, many. From there, one is too many-----girls do undergo such procedures. Why is it hard for you to understand? Many un-virgin Somali men who f*ck more than hookers might like a virgin Somali girl and they might prefer one of these girls to see them bloodied in bed. This thread makes me sick, I hope that you rescue a Somali girl, talk to them on social media.
Aussie, you made me sick.

One is one, two is two. Here’s a case is one thing, here’s several cases is another. Making it out as a rampant phenomenon that plagues Western-born Somali women is entirely something else.

Makes me wonder why you seem to get off on this type of thread, or anything to do with female hardship, which you seem to enjoy by highlighting and amplifying without rhyme or reason.

I hope that you rescue a Somali girl, talk to them on social media.

Seriously? Why on earth would you say something like this to me?
:vqbuyv0:

In the same vein the other day you said to help the SL schoolchildren through volunteering on the thread you made in a similarly disingenuous fashion. Wallahi, you seem to have issues with the way you’re coming across.

Last edited:
Aussie, you made me sick.

One is one, two is two. Here’s a case is one thing, here’s several cases is another. Making it out as a rampant phenomenon that plagues Western-born Somali women is entirely something else.

Makes me wonder why you seem to get off on this type of thread, or anything to do with female hardship, which you seem to enjoy by highlighting and amplifying without rhyme or reason.

@VixR

What female hardship? Never mind, I have zero tolerance for many things including this one. You should step out and lead.

VixR

Veritas
@VixR

What female hardship? Never mind, I have zero tolerance for many things including this one. You should step out and lead.
That’s all you have to say to that?

Why are you in the business of amplifying issues beyond their reality? Ask yourself that. Reflect and respond to yourself, since you can’t seem to put it in words to me here.

That’s all you have to say to that?

Why are you in the business of amplifying issues beyond their reality? Ask yourself that. Reflect and respond to yourself, since you can’t seem to put it in words to me here.

@VixR

Two Somali guys confided in us that their Australian born wives were FGM'ed, I presented a court case where a mother was convicted of such thing. I grew-up in a city of many Somalis where girls were usually taken for holiday. I might be amplifying it, since you grew up in a non Somali area, I love the way you approach this issue----How about me and you travel together and conduct a research?

VixR

Veritas
@VixR

Two Somali guys confided in us that their Australian born wives were FGM'ed, I presented a court case where a mother was convicted of such thing. I grew-up in a city of many Somalis where girls were usually taken for holiday. I might be amplifying it, since you grew up in a non Somali area, I love the way you approach this issue----How about me and you travel together and conduct a research?
I was with you until the bold... :ohlord:

Why would you say that?

You might be autistic.

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
Type 3 (fircawnii style that Somalis traditionally practise) is decreasing but most girls still have type 1 circumcision.

VixR

Veritas
@VixR

Never been tested for, it is a massive spectrum. Have you?
You seem to lack social etiquette.

You’d have to be to say something like “let’s travel together and conduct research on FGM in Somalis in the West”, or to tell someone to “go save girls from FGM on Twitter”.

I would unofficially diagnose you in my armchair capacity.

You seem to lack social etiquette.

You’d have to be to say something like “let’s travel together and conduct research on FGM in Somalis in the West”, or to tell someone to “go save girls from FGM on Twitter”.

I would unofficially diagnose you in my armchair capacity.

@VixR

Chair or wherever, consider me one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts