What’s the 2019 percentage of people practicing FGM in somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the shafi'i school it is obligatory for women, but only a small part(prepuce).
It is only recommended in the hanafi and hanbali jurisprudence.
I dont know the stats but it is decreasing inversely with the urbanization rate. Its mostly practised in the rural areas

Apollo

VIP
In the shafi'i school it is obligatory for women, but only a small part(prepuce).
It is only recommended in the hanafi and hanbali jurisprudence.
I dont know the stats but it is decreasing inversely with the urbanization rate. Its mostly practised in the rural areas

It is a Nilotic pagan tradition. Nothing to do with Islam.

VixR

Veritas
Somewhere in the 90th percentile. People act like there’s been a cultural shift in the dead weight of the last 30+ years.

Apparently, there were movements in the 80’s right before the whole country went to shit.

@land owner

Do an anonymous poll here because my hunch tells me that many who were born in the diaspora were done either back home, Arab countries or in Kenya in the guise of holidays back home with their mothers. I met two guys who told me that they were shocked to find out their new wives who were born in Australia were done the most extreme version after holidays back home as children. Since this mother have been convicted here in Australia, there is reluctance to take the children on holidays for FGM.

Mother jailed in Brisbane for arranging daughters' genital mutilation in Africa.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-21/genital-mutilation-brisbane-woman-jailed/10924058

it doesnt exist any longer,take my word for it. could be few here and there in far away countryside.

VixR

Veritas
@land owner

Do an anonymous poll here because my hunch tells me that many who were born in the diaspora were done either back home, Arab countries or in Kenya in the guise of holidays back home with their mothers. I met two guys who told me that they were shocked to find out their new wives who were born in Australia were done the most extreme version after holidays back home as children. Since this mother have been convicted here in Australia, there is reluctance to take the children on holidays for FGM.

Mother jailed in Brisbane for arranging daughters' genital mutilation in Africa.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-21/genital-mutilation-brisbane-woman-jailed/10924058
I think that’s clearly a reach.

How many Somali girls have actually been outside their Western country?
it doesnt exist any longer,take my word for it. could be few here and there in far away countryside.
And this is clearly bullshit lol.

You guys are two different sides of the same sensationalist coin.

VixR

Veritas
Please explain.
Surely “many” hoards of Somali mothers are taking their daughters overseas to FGM them, surely, bc here’s this news story :comeon:

The other side of that coin is that “a few here and there in the countryside” :comeon:

The same way you express frustration with Somalis who push shit under the rug (vast majority), you like to sensationalize by way of anecdote how bad things actually are when they’re clearly already bad enough. And by doing that you lose out on accuracy.

Deal with whatever it is that leads you to do that, because you’ve clearly lost the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts