West Eurasian in Yoruba populations

alien

📍outer space
VIP
So I was on tiktok and I saw a yoruba genetics video. what surprised me was that the video said that Yoruba's have 8 - 9% Eurasian Admixture that is likely from Ancient North Africans. Is this true? Could someone explain it further?

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Cause they claim they are "pure Africans" :bell:

I have to say that the vid I was watching said the Yoruba mixture was ancient North African so it is not recent. said to be Iberomaurusian ancestry. but I don't know if the video is reliable

Cause they claim they are "pure Africans" :bell:

I have to say that the vid I was watching said the Yoruba mixture was ancient North African so it is not recent. said to be Iberomaurusian ancestry. but I don't know if the video is reliable
They claim that they are pure because of their features, research proves they mixed with Homo sapiens and unknown Humanoid people lol
B2E26C91-C313-48B1-BF67-3655AD7B9CAC.jpeg

west Africans faces do resemble the homo erectus tho:mjlol:
64EC4D59-F371-4F62-B70E-D0AAE46821B0.jpeg

Apollo

VIP
This is not a settled matter. It is a speculative theory that coastal West Africans like the Yoruba have some Eurasian.

They claim that they are pure because of their features, research proves they mixed with Homo sapiens and unknown Humanoid people lol
View attachment 185986
west Africans faces do resemble the homo erectus tho:mjlol:
View attachment 185987
the article doesn't necessarily state they are "homo Erectus". "homo erecuts" was given as an example. if you read the article properly , it says " The genetic signal of this unknown ancestral species has been identified in four groups . "

the article doesn't necessarily state they are "homo Erectus". "homo erecuts" was given as an example. if you read the article properly , it says " The genetic signal of this unknown ancestral species has been identified in four groups . "
Lol you are right but I said their face features do resemble the homo erectus

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
I personally don't think so, but Western Pygmies (Aka) have Bantu admixture and there is this speculative theory that Niger-Congo populations have minor ancient Eurasian, but it is not set in stone.

However, the Mbuti Pygmies in Northeastern Congo have no Bantu admixture. They were very isolated even into the modern era.
Yea I’ve noticed on G25 the mbuti are extremely distant from us, even more than east asians

So I was on tiktok and I saw a yoruba genetics video. what surprised me was that the video said that Yoruba's have 8 - 9% Eurasian Admixture that is likely from Ancient North Africans. Is this true? Could someone explain it further?
It makes sense. Fulani who are Berbers are of Nigeria biggest ethnic groups. I assume Yaruba's mixed with Fulani's. Fulani got their Eurasian from Spain Andalus.

Apollo

VIP
It makes sense. Fulani who are Berbers are of Nigeria biggest ethnic groups. I assume Yaruba's mixed with Fulani's. Fulani got their Eurasian from Spain Andalus.

Fulanis are not Berbers. They speak a Niger-Congo language and are predominantly of this origin. Also, the Yoruba do not mix with Fulanis. The only group in Nigeria that has some intermingling with the Fulani are the Hausa.

I'm pretty sure Senegambian populations have Eurasian blood as well, likely mediated via the spread of Islam and intermarriage?

Apollo

VIP
I'm pretty sure Senegambian populations have Eurasian blood as well, likely mediated via the spread of Islam and intermarriage?

Yeah, Maghrebi admixture is highest in Senegambia (Northwest Western Africa) and also Southern Mali and Southern Niger has a bit (Fulanis and Tuaregs not included). The Mandenka from Senegal consistently score 3% in many studies (this doesn't take into account the speculative theory that Yorubas also do).

Burkina Faso almost has none (Fulanis not included).

Trending