West African girl complains about east africans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said that racism did not exist prior to Islam in Arabia, my point was that with Islam initially came an eradication of racism within Muslims. From my understanding of it, there was a time where a Muslim brother was just that, a brother. It's the reason why Somalis weren't enslaved by Arabs, because we ourselves are Muslims. But I have reason to believe that the Arab slave trade did increase racism within the Arabs to the point where even an African or South Asian Muslim are looked down on these days. Like I mentioned before prior and during the beginning of the Arab slave trade, the concept of an Arab identity did not exist because they identified as Muslims first and foremost
Actually the main reason why Somalis were not enslaved or was hard for the British+Italian to colonize for a good part was because we were largely nomadic people and that meant we were moving now and then unlike the Bantus of west and central Africa!

Remember the Bantus were shipped from the 16th century and it was not until late 18th century the colonizers settled to Somalia. :childplease:

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
kf7XCD7.jpg

Who is "Prince of Puntland" on here?

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
Actually the main reason why Somalis were not enslaved or was hard for the British+Italian to colonize for a good part was because we were largely nomadic people and that meant we were moving now and then unlike the Bantus of west and central Africa!

Remember the Bantus were shipped from the 16th century and it was not until late 18th century the colonizers settled to Somalia. :childplease:
I'm talking about the Arab slave trade, the Arabs did not enslave us because we were Muslims. The Italians attempted to make Somalis work on their plantations but the Somalis were adverse to it so they used Bantus instead

I'm talking about the Arab slave trade, the Arabs did not enslave us because we were Muslims. The Italians attempted to make Somalis work on their plantations but the Somalis were adverse to it so they used Bantus instead
My point is you can't enslave a nomad since they don't have a settlement whether your an arab or cadaan... same reason the Tuaregs were not enslaved.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
My point is you can't enslave a nomad since they don't have a settlement whether your an arab or cadaan... same reason the Tuaregs were not enslaved.
It would certainly pose a challenge especially given the militant nature of Somalis against an enemy (Ajuran vs the Portugese and the Daraawiish vs the British come to mind) but I don't think it would be completely impossible. And aren't the Tuaregs Berber? Were Berbers enslaved?
:cosbyhmm:

It would certainly pose a challenge especially given the militant nature of Somalis against an enemy (Ajuran vs the Portugese and the Daraawiish vs the British come to mind) but I don't think it would be completely impossible. And aren't the Tuaregs Berber? Were Berbers enslaved?
:cosbyhmm:
True it poses a challenge since in nomadic way families don't live close to one another mostly so rounding them up is a logistical nightmare..and that is why is was easy to raid Bantu villages and round them up in large numbers.

And no the berbers were not enslaved neither by the Arabs nor the whites... they are nomads like Somalis and infact desert nomads which is tougher terrain.

Apollo

VIP

Uhm, the very question of why Somalis weren't enslaved assumes that logically we should have been. You are a racist.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Anyways as Somalis we cant even talk these bantus/central africans have a much richer history than some illiterate nomads that were busy sucking the nipples of camels and dancing around in the Somali peninsula.We have no history unless
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts