Were the original Nubians Cushitic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
IMG_20190531_091812.jpg

Nubians as a people are an ethno linguistic group that now speak the language of the noba
However they used to speak cushitic and it even says so in their wiki page

Most nubians acknowledge this and call themselves Sudanese kushitic

Genetically nubians cluster with beja and Habeshas who are Semetic speaking agaws

Nubians are not nilotics their Sudanese cushitics along with the beja
IMG_20190531_085154.jpg

Apollo

VIP
In every crowd pic & recent protest videos from Sudan, all i see are nilotic/Madow looking people & a few horner and bi-racial looking folks lol.

Sudan has always been a diverse land.

Modern populations are not the same as ancient ones.

Khartoum is in the Southern part of North Sudan with many South Sudan-like people going there for work. It is a regional economic hub.

The rural areas of Northeast Sudan look way more HOA.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
I read that excerpt as a clear Egyptian influence in the ruling elite, not Cushitic. Besides, I think the Meroitic period is quite clearly dominated by Nilotes or something mostly Nilotic in character.
False, the nilotic culture arrived after the fall of meroe with the noba nomads and makurians in the 8th century
Ps meroitic is still unknown but could be Egyptian or some forms of it

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
6EA703A7-E0B4-4419-9E90-4F8ACB3E7B66.jpeg
False, the nilotic culture arrived after the fall of meroe with the noba nomads and makurians in the 8th century
Ps meroitic is still unknown but could be Egyptian or some forms of it

Its not false, there’s proof of Nilo-Saharan languages spoken in Nubia since at least the Middle Kingdom (2050 BCE - 1710 BCE) and likely earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts