Weird Somalis

salma saluuni

For the thrill💃🏽
Am I the only one that’s skeptical when I meet a somali with 0 somali friends? Kinda sketchy but I feel like these type of Somalis suffer from some sort of internalised self hate. I’m excluding Somalis that didn’t grow up in a Somali area from this but it seems like these type of Somalis will make blatant attempts to distance themselves from somali people.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
BuT SoMaliS aRe sO toxiC walaHi tHey don't like what I like which is classic metal, horses and ass kissing cadaan people ughhh

It's an excuse. I have Somali friends, not many, but a few and I grew up in a town where some classes were held in the local church because we didn't have enough space in the school. They used to make me bring a bible to school and I still managed to find Somali friends.

salma saluuni

For the thrill💃🏽
I excluded Somalis that grew up in non somali areas cos I used to be one lol. Only interactions I had with Somalis in my old area was malcamaad.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
I didn't grow up with that many Somalis. I ghosted them when I outgrew the ghetto.
:ohno:
I excluded Somalis that grew up in non somali areas cos I used to be one lol. Only interactions I had with Somalis in my old area was malcamaad.

tenor.gif

Am I the only one that’s skeptical when I meet a somali with 0 somali friends? Kinda sketchy but I feel like these type of Somalis suffer from some sort of internalised self hate. I’m excluding Somalis that didn’t grow up in a Somali area from this but it seems like these type of Somalis will make blatant attempts to distance themselves from somali people.
heahahahah i am the weird somali:russ:

I didn't grow up around Somalis much, so I'm the exception.

salma saluuni

For the thrill💃🏽
Wallahi I felt so much happier when I left my old area and moved into a new one filled with Somalis. Not that I wasn’t happy with my ajanabi friends it’s just not the same as having Somali friends. Having people you can connect and relate to in terms of culture and religion. Yes there was a time in my life where I was one of these self haters that I now despise. I always used to hide behind the typical excuses such as “Somalis are so judgmental”, “Somalis are toxic people”......

Wallahi I felt so much happier when I left my old area and moved into a new one filled with Somalis. Not that I wasn’t happy with my ajanabi friends it’s just not the same as having Somali friends. Having people you can connect and relate to in terms of culture and religion. Yes there was a time in my life where I was one of these self haters that I now despise. I always used to hide behind the typical excuses such as “Somalis are so judgmental”, “Somalis are toxic people”......
Absolutely true people use those stereotypes about Somalis but honestly being able to joke around with people from ur own culture about stuff is another type of Euphoria