Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
My weight fluctuates so much. I know it's not hard because I've always been active, I just need to start going gym and eating less. I recently gained so much weight quick so maybe i can lose it through no carbs. I was really a skinny ting, I use to skip meals frequently :francis:
Me too. I've been struggling with maintaining healthy weight for quite sometime now. The most I ever weighed was 51 kg in 2012, otherwise I've been in the 45-47 range for the past decade or so.
I skip meals too much, I usually eat 2 meals a day. I hate takeout food because I've too much wiswis lol.
I think my food allergies triggered my food issues. I was practically allergic to everything as a kid. And lot of studies have shown that children with food allergies are usually smaller than their peers.:frdfvsb: All of my younger siblings are giants compared to me.:vqbuyv0: So my weight & height are my Achilles heal if you will.:O27GWRK:

What's wrong with being skinny? Is that something society frowns upon? No, of course not. Skinny women have always been the pinnacle of beauty. I don't really want to judge a woman just by a metric unit though so 49kg may look underweight for some and fine for others.
Ain't nothing wrong with being skinny, I was just a stick. It didn't look cute and I was underweight. Everyones beautiful in their own way, people are moving away from these ridicilous standards of beauty where I and many other women skipped meals to be a
size 0. For me I was underweight and unhappy & now I'm overweight and unhappy. I need to find a balance

Me too. I've been struggling with maintaining healthy weight for quite sometime now. The most I ever weighed was 51 kg in 2012, otherwise I've been in the 45-47 range for the past decade or so.
I skip meals too much, I usually eat 2 meals a day. I hate takeout food because I've too much wiswis lol.
I think my food allergies triggered my food issues. I was practically allergic to everything as a kid. And lot of studies have shown that children with food allergies are usually smaller than their peers.:frdfvsb: All of my younger siblings are giants compared to me.:vqbuyv0: So my weight & height are my Achilles heal if you will.:O27GWRK:
I remember those days. You need to find a balance and try to have regular meals. Incorporating a lot of high protein foods into your diet can help instead of eating take out & increase portion size. I grew up hating a lot of foods too, but now I'm more to open to different foods.

World

VIP
Ain't nothing wrong with being skinny, I was just a stick. It didn't look cute and I was underweight. Everyones beautiful in their own way, people are moving away from these ridicilous standards of beauty where I and many other women skipped meals to be a
size 0. For me I was underweight and unhappy & now I'm overweight and unhappy. I need to find a balance
But why do you have to drop back to 49 kg to be beautiful? I'm confused. That's 31 kg less. What about 60-65 kg? Were you not comfortable then?

Last edited:
But why do you have to drop 49 kg to be beautiful? I'm confused. That's 31 kg less. What about 60-65 kg? Were you not comfortable then?
I gained this weight in such little time because I was comfort eating and depressed. I thought if I could look like someone bigger, my life would be different (not true). At 60-65kg, I didn't really notice my weight because i was unhappy and I avoided mirrors even when I was skinny.

But why do you have to drop back to 49 kg to be beautiful? I'm confused. That's 31 kg less. What about 60-65 kg? Were you not comfortable then?
and ovbiously it comes back to comparing myself with others and not feeling comfortable with myself. I was never comfortable with myself when i gained weight or when i was skinny. These things have to start within

As a Muslim women you should know the hadith of the Prophet (PBUH) that the worst vessel a person could fill is his stomach and a few morsel of food is enough for Bani Adam to sustain themselves but if they wish to go above it the 1/3 rule applies.

That's prophetic advice and he (PBUH) doesn't speak from his own whims or desires but it's revelation from the creator of the heavens and the earth that fashioned and designed you and me.

We know today the ramifications of every ounce of fat and we can even view how disgusting a single pound of fat is, the cause of all mental/physical/psychological as well as spiritual diseases.

You either follow Allah and his Rasool or follow the filthy trendsetters of society, it's only the corrupt, malnourished rap addict qashin bakhti irreligious males that glamorise fat or obese women so your not even loosing anything unless your attracted to filth.

I have never in my life come across a single upright righteous religious male that's into fat or obese women, because even the most righteous of the companions considered this to be a curse.

The great Imam Ghazali wrote a whole book titled "conquering the two desires" which are gluttony (stomach) and sexual desires, commenting that those who manage to conquer both being of the 1%.

What is the weight you'd view appropiete for a woman that is 5'7 in her early 20's? I'm having weight issues.

Please dear sister do not base your self-esteem on the improbable.

As long you can the BMI under 25 and over 17 you're golding, and most men and (some women) like a woman on the thicker side.

But in the end your health is the main concern, and please address that concern first and secondly the aesthetics.

As a Muslim women you should know the hadith of the Prophet (PBUH) that the worst vessel a person could fill is his stomach and a few morsel of food is enough for Bani Adam to sustain themselves but if they wish to go above it the 1/3 rule applies.

That's prophetic advice and he (PBUH) doesn't speak from his own whims or desires but it's revelation from the creator of the heavens and the earth that fashioned and designed you and me.

We know today the ramifications of every ounce of fat and we can even view how disgusting a single pound of fat is, the cause of all mental/physical/psychological as well as spiritual diseases.

You either follow Allah and his Rasool or follow the filthy trendsetters of society, it's only the corrupt, malnourished rap addict qashin bakhti irreligious males that glamorise fat or obese women so your not even loosing anything unless your attracted to filth.

I have never in my life come across a single upright righteous religious male that's into fat or obese women, because even the most righteous of the companions considered this to be a curse.

The great Imam Ghazali wrote a whole book titled "conquering the two desires" which are gluttony (stomach) and sexual desires, commenting that those who manage to conquer both being of the 1%.
I actually did not know that hadith but I know you should leave 1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for liquids and the rest should be left when eating a meal. I agree, doing stuff moderatley is important especially eating.

I don't feel fat/obese women have been glamourised or anything, they have always been bodyshamed by society and deemed undesirable.

Please dear sister do not base your self-esteem on the improbable.

As long you can the BMI under 25 and over 17 you're golding, and most men and (some women) like a woman on the thicker side.

But in the end your health is the main concern, and please address that concern first and secondly the aesthetics.
It's not something I base my self worth on. At the end of the day its just weight I can lose and I wanted to see what others see as appropiete or if they can relate. I've not had any major health issues alhamdulilah but my weight gain has been very quick which is very problamatic for my overally quality of life. ovbiously I need a change of lifestyle now. I have joined the gym recently and I'm really hoping to see a difference.

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
I'm not curvy but I feel my weight is distrubuted evenly with my height. But I've just recently gained 10kg which is a lot of weight and my mum has been making comments. Thanks, Inshallah I lose something ❤️
That's too much weight you put on. You gotta fix up your diet. By hitting the gym and eating clean, it wouldn't be too hard for you to drop back down to 70kg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts