We look too distinctive

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
My boyfriend who’s Mexican said he can tell a Somali from other blacks for a mile away. Lol. But he has a hard time telling East Africans apart from each other. Think Ethiopians and Somalis are the same people, but just different religions. He compared our relationship to Ethiopia to Mexicans and Puerto Rican. Also told me one time that Obama looked Somali and asked me if he was particularly Somali. Sigh, at least he understands the difference between Bantus, Cushites, Berbers and Pygmies. Shrugs

Wow Mexican bf. How does your family feel about that? Is he Muslim?

I still can't tell. Who is the more ancient race. Horner's who look like no one else in the world or madows, cadaans and Asians that share similar builds and features.

These other groups share similar builds and are stocky or put on more fat, even the Arabs that live in deserts are not as slim and slender on average.
We predate all those other races, our one is nearly extinct thanks to Bantu expansion (SE Africa) and the Arab, Greek,Roman,Persian,Turkish,Germanic invasions of North Africa. Just imagine what would've happened if our northern cousins built a giant wall along the Sinai to keep the asiatics out and was made aware of incoming bantus down south? :wow:

He probably just likes you, there's no way he'd remember your face after years otherwise lol. That guy probably sees and interacts with 100s of people on a daily basis.

Cushitic features are super crisp its hard to miss them. Even the foreigners eyes can detect a Somali with sharpness. :lol:

Being discernible can be problematic. Even when we wear a ski mask I can still see a Somali under the hood. A word of caution to future felons.
It’s the eyes

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Wallahi Honest strory:
I used to go this corner shop close to my home after school-time to get snacks etc I’d pretty go everyday. This was when 2004 in Liverpool.

Since then I moved to London and did my education etc. I came back to Liverpool for a visit in 2019 for the first time in 15 years to the same shop and the owner of the Shop (Nabil) immediately recognized me. I was in shock :mindblown:

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
Wow Mexican bf. How does your family feel about that? Is he Muslim?
Well, I know my dad’s side would think it’s weird, but he’s a white Mexican. He’s not Muslim but a lot of Muslims like him and vibe with him, for some reason. Traditional Mexicans are conservative and same a lot of the same values as Somalis. They would be pissed if he was Puerto Rican or Cuban, though. My maadow side is particularly Latino. I can’t eat collard greens if it’s doesn’t have jalapeño peppers in it with some pico galo on the side. Creole food is basically soul food and Mexican food put together

My boyfriend who’s Mexican said he can tell a Somali from other blacks for a mile away. Lol. But he has a hard time telling East Africans apart from each other. Think Ethiopians and Somalis are the same people, but just different religions. He compared our relationship to Ethiopia to Mexicans and Puerto Rican. Also told me one time that Obama looked Somali and asked me if he was particularly Somali. Sigh, at least he understands the difference between Bantus, Cushites, Berbers and Pygmies. Shrugs

I have noticed the reddish tone as well.

Wallahi Honest strory:
I used to go this corner shop close to my home after school-time to get snacks etc I’d pretty go everyday. This was when 2004 in Liverpool.

Since then I moved to London and did my education etc. I came back to Liverpool for a visit in 2019 for the first time in 15 years to the same shop and the owner of the Shop (Nabil) immediately recognized me. I was in shock :mindblown:
Acudbillah you have a Liverpool accent

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
I came to this realisation yesterday when I was picking up a coffee at a cafe I haven’t gone to for FOUR YEARS STRAIGHT (not even exaggerating). The guy i ordered from, while he was making the drink looked at me and said, didn’t you come here once a few years ago?
:jaynerd:
I was in shock. How the hell did the guy remember my face when I haven’t been to the cafe for YEARS?! I’m pretty sure if i looked like a generic Arab or Madow he wouldn’t have recognised me after such a long time.

we truly are a different breed:wow:
I'm surprised at the Cafe attendant. People need to progress from their current positions but he's still there serving Coffee.

Trending