We look too distinctive

I came to this realisation yesterday when I was picking up a coffee at a cafe I haven’t gone to for FOUR YEARS STRAIGHT (not even exaggerating). The guy i ordered from, while he was making the drink looked at me and said, didn’t you come here once a few years ago?
:jaynerd:
I was in shock. How the hell did the guy remember my face when I haven’t been to the cafe for YEARS?! I’m pretty sure if i looked like a generic Arab or Madow he wouldn’t have recognised me after such a long time.

we truly are a different breed:wow:

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
I came to this realisation yesterday when I was picking up a coffee at a cafe I haven’t gone to for FOUR YEARS STRAIGHT (not even exaggerating). The guy i ordered from, while he was making the drink looked at me and said, didn’t you come here once a few years ago?
I was in shock. How the hell did the guy remember my face when I haven’t been to the cafe for YEARS?! I’m pretty sure if i looked like a generic Arab or Madow he wouldn’t have recognised me after such a long time.

I get the same thing. People recognize me for a mile away. If I commit a murder and go to 71st & cottage grove or west side to hideout, I’ll be caught in 3 minutes . A lot of people say I look like an anime character. I’m not sure if that’s counts

Keo

VIP

I had a similar experience last year when I visited an Internet cafe I haven't been to in over 9 years to print stuff and the guy remembered me lol

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
A couple of months ago, when I was on the north side, this white lady staring at me . Note: I was dressed as a normie because I was going to an interview. There was other black people on the bus. There was a regular maadow lady in front of the snow lady. She looked at the others and then look back at me. She looked so confused. Lol

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

Cushitic features are super crisp its hard to miss them. Even the foreigners eyes can detect a Somali with sharpness. :lol:

Being discernible can be problematic. Even when we wear a ski mask I can still see a Somali under the hood. A word of caution to future felons.

Sounds like a bit of a stretch.

Although, as more people become more aware of Horn Africans, we are going to see a lot more people pointing that out about our distinctive looks. ( Chewing Gum, Joe Rogan episode , Twitter wars , Alex Jones, etc ) Hopefully our distinctiveness becomes more established in the mainstream.

Ive heard people say that Horn Africans are distinctive, they then go on to point out Fulani's. I then proceed to laugh because 1. Fulanis with less west African features don't look remotely like horn Africans, and those that do are like unicorns. 2. The origins of both are completely different, people try to make false parallels between the two.

Here is a hotep trying his best

Attachments

• 6D30BA47-AAB6-47B7-8785-BCFAF9193EAE.jpeg
    6D30BA47-AAB6-47B7-8785-BCFAF9193EAE.jpeg
    507.1 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

Although, as more people become more aware of Horn Africans, we are going to see a lot more people pointing that out about our distinctive looks. ( Chewing Gum, Joe Rogan episode , Twitter wars , Alex Jones, etc ) Hopefully our distinctiveness becomes more established in the mainstream.

Ive heard people say that Horn Africans are distinctive, they then go on to point out Fulani's. I then proceed to laugh because 1. Fulanis with less west African features don't look remotely like horn Africans, and those that do are like unicorns. 2. The origins of both are completely different, people try to make false parallels between the two.

They don't look Horner no matter how small their nose (its more than just a singular feature). :mjlol: Hoteps are used to begging everyone so ignore them. They often mention the exception over the norm.

Yooo dkm

Octavian

Hmm
VIP

wtf did i just read
Skjermbilde 2020-11-19 kl. 04.47.00.png

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
It’s my lips. Apparently the color of my lips is very uncommon. Also, I have a very flat face. I’ve noticed that other blacks have a weird slope to their face . Also, Cushitic Africans have a reddish pigment to our skin. Bantus have more of a solid brown and Nilotic have a cool bluish hue

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
My boyfriend who’s Mexican said he can tell a Somali from other blacks for a mile away. Lol. But he has a hard time telling East Africans apart from each other. Think Ethiopians and Somalis are the same people, but just different religions. He compared our relationship to Ethiopia to Mexicans and Puerto Rican. Also told me one time that Obama looked Somali and asked me if he was particularly Somali. Sigh, at least he understands the difference between Bantus, Cushites, Berbers and Pygmies. Shrugs

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
How the hell did the guy remember my face when I haven’t been to the cafe for YEARS
May have had crush on you...

Actually people who work hospitality jobs are kinda like that. They either remember your voice, face(kinda hard because of masks), etc

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I still can't tell. Who is the more ancient race. Horner's who look like no one else in the world or madows, cadaans and Asians that share similar builds and features.

These other groups share similar builds and are stocky or put on more fat, even the Arabs that live in deserts are not as slim and slender on average.

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44

Maybe he noticed you for you 😉
( not because you’re Somali)

Trending