We have no claim to Ancient Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
They look more like the pictures of the libyans and Asiatics YOU posted rather than the Egyptians.

Why would you conveniently ignore a pic you posted. What is your explanation of the big difference in colour between the libyans,Asiatics and ancient Egyptians?

Already covered by this post:

Ancient Egyptian depictions of foreigners were propagandistic. Remember that those bordering nations were 'enemies'. They depicted the Whitest Libyan as the standard - to distance themselves from them, the Whitest Semite, and the darkest most Nilote Nubian as the standard.

Reality is that most Ancient Libyans, Semites, or Ancient Nubians did not look like that.

There was much more overlap, like there is today.

And Copts look identical to the more realistic and less routinized Fayum portraits.

Already covered by this post:

And Copts look identical to the more realistic and less routinized Fayum portraits.

The difference is that those portraits of the foreigners are extremely accurate. The way they drew the Nilotes and ancient Libyans were exactly how they looked. So I don't see why the need for such an exaggerated explanation of why the Egyptians didn't look like the way they portrayed themselves in their own paintings. It defies common sense. The predominant ancient Egyptian look is very dark and of Horner phenotype. I don't see why this should be controversial. I get your anti Afrocentric stance... But nobody is arguing that the ancient Egyptians were negroid, but rather typical of dark skinned Caucasians.

Apollo

VIP
The difference is that those portraits of the foreigners are extremely accurate. The way they drew the Nilotes and ancient Libyans were exactly how they looked. So I don't see why the need for such an exaggerated explanation of why the Egyptians didn't look like the way they portrayed themselves in their own paintings. It defies common sense. The predominant ancient Egyptian look is very dark and of Horner phenotype. I don't see why this should be controversial. I get your anti Afrocentric stance... But nobody is arguing that the ancient Egyptians were negroid, but rather typical of dark skinned Caucasians.

Firstly, they were not foreigners. Most were ethnic Ancient Egyptians portrayed in a realistic way.

Ancient Egyptians did not have anywhere near the level of Sub-Saharan African ancestry as HOAs. You are essentially pulling an African-American style argument wrapped up by a Somali. Still dubious and completely contrary to the scientific data available.

PS. I don't care about skin colour, even if they were snow white or pitch-black, their genetic affinities won't change and the fact that they weren't close to Horners.

Firstly, they were not foreigners. Most were ethnic Ancient Egyptians portrayed in a realistic way.

Ancient Egyptians did not have anywhere near the level of Sub-Saharan African ancestry as HOAs. You are essentially pulling an African-American style argument wrapped up by a Somali. Still dubious and completely contrary to the scientific data available.

PS. I don't care about skin colour, even if they were snow white or pitch-black, their genetic affinities won't change and the fact that they weren't close to Horners.

The only significant DNA testing that was done so far didn't include any of the early Kingdom dynasties. No DNA testing was done on Upper Egyptian mummies early Kingdom mummiesmwhere the whole civilization started.
The Nile Delta tests done not too long ago was admitted by experts as not being in any way a representative sample. It included testing on unknown mummies from anywhere between the New Kingdom up until the Ptolemaic dynasty, well after the Hyksos.

So, sorry to say... There hasn't yet been any significant DNA testing on Ancient Egyptians , even Zahi Hawass knows that much lol.

Apollo

VIP
The only significant DNA testing that was done so far didn't include any of the early Kingdom dynasties. No DNA testing was done on Upper Egyptian mummies early Kingdom mummiesmwhere the whole civilization started.
The Nile Delta tests done not too long ago was admitted by experts as not being in any way a representative sample. It included testing on unknown mummies from anywhere between the New Kingdom up until the Ptolemaic dynasty, well after the Hyksos.

So, sorry to say... There hasn't yet been any significant DNA testing on Ancient Egyptians , even Zahi Hawass knows that much lol.

Don't hold your breath for it expecting major differences in older samples, geneticists with PhD's in their field aren't stupid, they can look whether those later samples consist of major admixture events and they didn't find any.

What a thread, a lot of triggered people:icon e confused:

Rn on Twitter Blacks are claiming Cleopatra and want Lupita not Angelia Jolie to play the ethnic Greek/Macedonian incestious royalty in a upcoming movie. :chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah:
Blacks on twitter are hella racist and entitled, they really want a black african to play Cleopatra:mjlol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending