We Don't Have highly successful High School graduates, let's claim this chick as ours.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
@NotMyL

No one fails high school here, if you get an ATAR score of ZERO, you will be told that you finished High School, it is what score you got that enables you into university and what degree you can study. For example, that girl is the Dux of her school, she got the highest ATAR score and she achieved a score of over 97%. Only Jewish students from Jewish private schools, Asian students and Aussie students from well established Anglican schools achieve that kind of a score and higher scores than her. No one fails high school.
Interesting thanks for explaining I was starting to worry for reer Aussie. Couple of years back we had a Somali girl that was accepted in all of the Ivy league schools, it was pretty impressive.

Tukraq

VIP
First off no we ain’t claiming no far away Eritrean or Sudanese( we have no relation or even border with these people), also this isn’t “success” as schooling isn’t a success( no monetary gain)

Congrats to that young lady, sad how appearance is the first thing that needs to be mentioned. I think she looks beautiful mashallah. Hope she accomplishes whatever she wants in life ameen :it0tdo8:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Is getting in to college/university that hard in Australia? I was taking back by ur comment about Somali high schoolers not getting in to STEM programs, it really isn't difficult and I always see tons of Somali students at our local universities studying hard and getting jobs before they even graduate. :)

Interesting thanks for explaining I was starting to worry for reer Aussie. Couple of years back we had a Somali girl that was accepted in all of the Ivy league schools, it was pretty impressive.

@NotMyL

Though their numbers are a minuscule of the Somali community, the Sudanese and Eritrean communities (majority are Eritrean from Tigre who lived in Sudan as refugees)!not only do they out-perform us in education, but they seem to have stronger families ties, less divorces and keep to themselves and most importantly, like us, they are not involved in criminal activities. As my friend @Tukraq would say, ‘we are feared’, but they’re respected. Certainly, we do have the odd Somali student who scores a top mark once in a decade. We do highly value education and we are bright people, but the family dynamics (divorces and second marriages) demoralise and disrupt the progress of children in education. The family is the foundation of the success of their children.

Muji

VIP
@NotMyL

Though their numbers are a minuscule of the Somali community, the Sudanese and Eritrean communities (majority are Eritrean from Tigre who lived in Sudan as refugees)!not only do they out-perform us in education, but they seem to have stronger families ties, less divorces and keep to themselves and most importantly, like us, they are not involved in criminal activities. As my friend @Tukraq would say, ‘we are feared’, but they’re respected. Certainly, we do have the odd Somali student who scores a top mark once in a decade. We do highly value education and we are bright people, but the family dynamics (divorces and second marriages) demoralise and disrupt the progress of children in education. The family is the foundation of the success of their children.

I hate when he brags about being “feared” as if that’s a good thing. Ebola is feared you wouldn’t call Ebola winning though would you?

It’s the same in England, the Nigerians, and Ethiopians are doing exceptionally well. Somalis in the other hand...

Tukraq

VIP
my friend @AussieHustler needs to read the same book I recommended to @Saredo
rich-dad-poor-dad-2.jpg

remember its the poor dad with the phd and the rich dad that dropped out of the 8th grade, what does that tell you? education isn't success outside tangible monetary value which it doesn't give you, as a somali I could care little about an "education" which in many cases puts you in debt instead of giving you profit and is a major opportunity cost since you could have been making money working instead of wasting that time in a classroom, you also don't need any formal education for any of the main college based money making jobs out of college like being an accountant, lawyer, computer science, IT and real estate, only one I can think of is doctor which a degree is actually needed however its not a favorable job anyways, rest of education leads you to useless non money making paths like the liberal arts
:mjlol:

my friend @AussieHustler needs to read the same book I recommended to @Saredo
rich-dad-poor-dad-2.jpg

remember its the poor dad with the phd and the rich dad that dropped out of the 8th grade, what does that tell you? education isn't success outside tangible monetary value which it doesn't give you, as a somali I could care little about an "education" which in many cases puts you in debt instead of giving you profit and is a major opportunity cost since you could have been making money working instead of wasting that time in a classroom, you also don't need any formal education for any of the main college based money making jobs out of college like being an accountant, lawyer, computer science, IT and real estate, only one I can think of is doctor which a degree is actually needed however its not a favorable job anyways, rest of education leads you to useless non money making paths like the liberal arts
:mjlol:

I don't agree. But I'm too lazy to explain my point of view today.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts