Was the 19th century German philosopher Arthur Schopenhaeur right about women?

Is this the most intellectual anti-woman rant of all time? Parts of it are outright chauvinist (i.e women being incapable of genius -- not true) but it's quite interesting listening.

Text version

I think this part is stand-up comedy level LOL:

If it is true that the Greeks forbade women to go to the play, they acted in a right way; for they would at any rate be able to hear something. In our day it would be more appropriate to substitute "let the woman keep quiet in the Church" for "let the woman keep quiet in the theater"; and this might perhaps be put up in big letters on the curtain.

:ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
He also believed that human existence is meaningless and we should all die

I was never fascinated by pessimistic philosophers, they all seem like edgelords

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Most of the things he said are true observations. Raw Observations that can be uncomfortable but interesting & possibly very truthful

ReerGarissa

Your feet look like two sacks of shit
He also hated Hagel and thought him a charlatan and thought his philosophy was gibberish nonsense.

But I think his views on women was influenced by the fact that he was extremely lonely and he tried shukansi many times and he failed utterly. He died a lonely old man.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I just knew him from this video
And from "schopenhauer as educator"
These chauvinism ideas surprised me

Trending

Latest posts