Was Hetshepsut really Horner?

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
I was at her temple in Luxor three to four weeks ago and she isn’t from Punt.

Shes an ancient Egyptian queen that was famous for her expeditions to Punt.

Big difference.

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
I was at her temple in Luxor three weeks ago and she isn’t from Punt.

Shes an ancient Egyptian that was famous for her expeditions to Punt.

Big difference.

Fancy globetrotter.

tea-drinking.gif

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Fancy globetrotter.

tea-drinking.gif

When I was there, the tour guide knew we were Somali so she placed extra emphasis on Hashepsuts temple.

She said that the temple, which fucking massive btw, is dedicated to her expeditions to Punt, which our guide said was Somalia.

Apollo

VIP
When I was there, the tour guide knew we were Somali so she placed extra emphasis on Hashepsuts temple.

She said that the temple, which fucking massive btw, is dedicated to her expeditions to Punt, which our guide said was Somalia.

I think it was in Eritrea to be honest. They have analyzed the isotopes of Puntite baboons and it matched Eritrea and Tigray, Ethiopia the most.

Since Puntland named itself after Punt, people researching Punt often end up with info about Somalia. It wouldn't surprise me that your tour guide ended up thinking it was Somalia because of that. Also, since Somalia is even further away from Egypt, it will make it more impressive than if Punt was just nearby Eritrea. Egyptians also kinda hate Habeshas because of the Nile water conflict.

Lol, I am making myself very unpopular by saying Ancient Egyptians were not like Somalis and that Punt was not in Somalia but in Eritrea, Kkkkk.

@HIBAQ123

1. There is a giant desert separating North Africa from Sub-Saharan Africa. Effectively this is an ocean. The camel only was domesticated in Roman times. When the Ancient Egyptian civilization started nobody even had camels.

2. They did not depict their neighbors accurately. They exaggerated their features to make them appear like ''the other'' more. Ancient Nubians (already genotyped) are similar to Habeshas when it comes to the ratio of Middle Eastern to Sub-Saharan African ancestry. Do the Habesha look like Dinkas to you?

3. Skull measurement studies don't mean anything. It is not as reliable as genetics.

4. Mesopotamia had Ziggurats, which predate pyramids. Pyramids are nothing more than a slight tweak to the Ziggurat model.

5. Elite rulers, not demographic replacement. Are you Italian because of Italian colonization of Somalia?

6. Modern Coptic Egyptians are darker than Modern Greek people. What he said is in comparison to Greeks.

7. You have a point here, nevertheless, they have tested pre-Islamic Egyptians and Copts are their closest relatives. So Copts and Arabized Muslim Egyptians are the only people who can claim Ancient Egypt. Most definitely not Somalis.

8. First Pharaohs came from Central Egypt.
Majority of Muslim Egyptians aren't that different to copts. Before the Islamic invasions, all of Egypt was Christian.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
I think it was in Eritrea to be honest. They have analyzed the isotopes of Puntite baboons and it matched Eritrea and Tigray, Ethiopia the most.

Since Puntland named itself after Punt, people researching Punt often end up with info about Somalia. It wouldn't surprise me that your tour guide ended up thinking it was Somalia because of that. Also, since Somalia is even further away from Egypt, it will make it more impressive than if Punt was just nearby Eritrea. Egyptians also kinda hate Habeshas because of the Nile water conflict.

Lol, I am making myself very unpopular by saying Ancient Egyptians were not like Somalis and that Punt was not in Somalia but in Eritrea, Kkkkk.

What I know is that the academics are divided. The thing is that in egypt all the tour guides (esp with the big companies) are accredited with government training.

So my thinking was that she probably said Somalia because of her training and I doubt the Egyptians want to give any credit to Habeshas, as you said.

As for where Punt is, I have zero clue but I think the more stable the Horn becomes, we will see more earnest archeological work that will uncover a lot of secrets about it’s past.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
@Apollo

You know what’s interesting. In Aswan especially, a lot of the iconic Ptolemaic temples and ruins have seen a lot of Coptic damage.

Since the Christians were persecuted, they hid out in those temples and defaced the hieroglyphs as it was “unchristian”.

You know if they were Somali, they would never dare erase evidence of their “landheernimo”.

:silanyolaugh:

Apollo

VIP
Majority of Muslim Egyptians aren't that different to copts. Before the Islamic invasions, all of Egypt was Christian.

Arabized Muslim Egyptians have more Arabian and more Sub-Saharan African than Coptic Egyptians because Muslims were allowed to hold slaves and were allowed to have contact with Muslims from distant lands. Copts were not allowed to have any of that.

Nobody knows what the earliest Egyptians were like, but the academic community has a 100% consensus that Coptic Egyptians are the closest people to the Egyptians living in Egypt in the centuries before Islam (so around the time of the Roman Empire).

Apollo

VIP
It might sound like a silly question, but where the people in Somalia at the time similar to modern day Somalis? Would they even be recognizable to us now like phenotype and language?

Archeological research in Somalia is very poor.

Kenya has done more studies on the ancient people living in Kenya thousands of years ago. From about 4,000 years ago there are people who appear to be Cushitic or like today's Somalis already living there.

Archeological research in Somalia is very poor.

Kenya has done more studies on the ancient people living in Kenya thousands of years ago. From about 4,000 years ago there are people who appear to be Cushitic or like today's Somalis already living there.
Okay, I have another question. I think I read somewhere that during that time period in Eritrea and the highlands of Ethiopia, they were fully/mostly cushites at that time as it was before their contact with the Sabeans. Therefore, wouldn't they have been the same or similar group to that of our ancestors?

Apollo

VIP
Okay, I have another question. I think I read somewhere that during that time period in Eritrea and the highlands of Ethiopia, they were fully/mostly cushites at that time as it was before their contact with the Sabeans. Therefore, wouldn't they have been the same or similar group to that of our ancestors?

I'll defer to @Shimbiris for this question. Also, in order to get a more balanced view on things and not just mine, lol.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I'll defer to @Shimbiris for this question. Also, in order to get a more balanced view on things and not just mine, lol.
Did a post on this a while back:

Punt is too long ago to be ascribed to any particular group of Cushites. Af-Maxaa and Af-Maay were one language just 1,500 years ago. That Proto-Somali language was in turn one language with Rendille around 2,000-2,500 years ago or so. East Cushtiic unity goes back about 4,000 years if memory serves me right:

uaZCrWN.png

This is all relevant because Punt dates to 2500 BCE at its earliest. Around that time most Cushites in the Horn would have been barely differentiated and largely speaking mutually intelligible dialects and would have only entered the Horn itself barely a millennia earlier. So no particular ethnic group can claim them more than the other.

Punt is basically a collective Horn heritage, I would say.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP

I agree on most of what you say but i draw the “line” at punt did not include Somalia” animals migrate and can be traded. The thing is that the myrrh and frankincense are still sold from the same place. Which is in Somalia. We still supply the Vatican. Our unsi is just next level which safeguarded our shared horn kingdom from any mischievous people.

Those people were disgusting and all the families were having sex with eachother, they had widespread deformations in their families. No wonder they were conquered and destroyed😅

I normally believe and respect scientific findings, but not when it comes to to topics like African history/peoples. A few decades ago, these same scientists you're bootyclapping for tried to tell the world that people like you were the intermediate between monkeys and humans z3zrULC

Would you have been like "EnJoY ReAliTy" then? :icon lol:

Another point is that those findings hes posting is a tiny sample collected from the North and they aren’t even that old. Little study has been done on the South and much older Kingdoms. @Apollo the equivalent of what you’re doing is similar to Hoteps picking 500 year old Bantu DNA in Israel to argue Israelites were Bantu. You know damn well there’s insufficient DNA evidence of Older Kingdoms. You are using little data to make grand conclusions like a Hotep.

Those people were disgusting and all the families were having sex with eachother, they had widespread deformations in their families. No wonder they were conquered and destroyed😅
It was the ruling family that practised incest (not very uncommon considering the greeks did the same), it wasnt common for the civillians.