Waqooyi Fetish

waqooyi Fetish is really and most of it is driven by politics, it sounds crazy because we are the same people but I’ve had my own weird experiences.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
If you mean waqooyi sisters, nah I see them no different than Somali sisters, I don't necessarily agree with this , we Southern Somalis do not share territorial boundaries with the people of the North, we are distantly far ,thousands of miles away , ofcourse there are major differences in accents , tribal and terrains etc
and those in suits would often exploit the minor differences by politicising it, but normal people don't see them differently and we aren't obsessed with them either, nor are we bothered about their self secession, Somalia itself is a mess like I've mentioned earlier its the politicians hyperventilating the entire thing.
It's safe to say that it's a Reer Bari problem

I honestly can't tell the difference only by the accent and the way they act. Southerners are friendly, Northerners are cold and apathetic I know personally because I'm from Somaliland.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
I honestly can't tell the difference only by the accent and the way they act. Southerners are friendly, Northerners are cold and apathetic I know personally because I'm from Somaliland.
Most Somalis are cold and apathetic in some certain way don't let the softer accents fool you,
I'm talking about experience in first hand , reer xamar can sound truly emasculating for a man especially if they sound like comedian Ajakis or Abaa , or Hindi Somali in general, majority of the inhabitants do not sound like these stereotypes

However the same cannot be said around Afgooye, nawaaxiga balcad iyo cadalay where Xaayow is heavily spoken which sounds terrifying and friendly at the same time

You go to Hiiraan, they have a complete distinct accent from, village to village , it's never the same , some may speak too fast especially reer beledweyn

Shabelle region is the most diverse due to many unrecorded distinct languages , dialects and maay maay ofcourse.
In Marka , there are two divisions due to clan tensions , and you would not think it's the same city , one division can be indistinguishable from the districts of xamar's outskirts meanwhile the other side still have the indigenous marka tongue,

You go to Kuntunwaaray, Qoryooley , Wanlaweyn they all have distinct unique dialects , although some may have subtle accents which most people confuse as reer xamar
Baraawe sound exactly like Marka minus if chimwiini isn't spoken

You go to the jubbas , where I'm from, not going to lie. it's actually a mess.

You can tell who's who and who's a galti judging from their dialect ,
Kismayo alone have several dialects , the Bantus and baajunis have their own , meanwhile the rest of Somalis have different separate accents.
Although some people want to force reer waamo label on the rest of Somalis who don't speak like them , it's only one specific clan that have that identity
They are no different from galti , reer waamo are similar to somali sijuu in kenya , unfortunately.
Many towns , cities and villages have distinct accents , but they are never heard due to misrepresentation
Galti are everywhere nowadays

Last edited:
Waqooyi? Isn’t that like a dish or sumthing
Waqooyi translated to "North" in Af Soomaali. OP is referring to the Waqooyi accent that the Dir clans in Somaliland, East Ethiopia, and Djibouti and some Darood clans such as Ogadeen, Jidwaaq, Dhulbahante, Warsnageli, and Absame speak in.

Rooble44

Bishop of the order of Gacanta Furan ✋
As a southerner it's the reverse for me, southern girls are indifferent and move mad. Some of the loveliest girls I met were northerners, they're always laughing and are just good vibes in my opinion.

salma saluuni

For the thrill💃🏽
All I can say is reer waaqoyi men are too aggressive for me sorry I like to be sweet talked :damsel: but southerner boys are too jileec for me so intee aada bal ii sheeg

All I can say is reer waaqoyi men are too aggressive for me sorry I like to be sweet talked :damsel: but southerner boys are too jileec for me so intee aada bal ii sheeg
I can be aggressive but soft-spoken at the same time. We call it Af Yibir its macaan af :geek:

Why dont you try sijui somalis they are sort of an in between the two, a lot of people under estimate
Them due to lack of proper interaction. I think they are probably the most sophisticated somalis
Out there. Just because they cant speak the lingo proper shouldnt discount them. And should i just
add that original sijui somalis are not the ones from nfd province in kenya but those who originated
from present day somaliland and those are the ones am talking about, try them huuno i assure you
you will not be dissapointed, just oi add they are an aquired taste so you should look beyond the
first bite

Trending