Wagner coup in Russia

No one knows how to get rid of dissident groups as the Russian government does, PMC Wagner group will likely not exist as a viable force after this debacle. What a day!

I strongly feel that we've all been taken for a ride though :yacadiim:

No one knows how to get rid of dissident groups as the Russian government does, PMC Wagner group will likely not exist as a viable force after this debacle. What a day!

Just as the Ukrainians were getting their popcorn ready then this happens

20230625_010224.jpg

My take and prediction still stands tho. The objectives of Prigozhin was aiming at getting changes within the defense ministry due to their failures in Ukraine. The coup was unlikely to happen unless he had top officials on board.

Obviously, we don’t know the full details of the terms, but based off what they’ve briefed, he’ve succeeded in getting the Russian gov’t to agree to some concessions in return for stopping his marching.

On the other hand, if you believe that it was Putin who orchestrated or had something to do with this debacle, despite the biggest humiliation of his 20+ year rule (as evident by his appearance/speech today and the fragile state of the country); then I don’t know what to say :manny:

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
My take and prediction still stands tho. The objectives of Prigozhn was aiming for changes within the defense ministry due to their failures in Ukraine (and the coup was unlikely unless he had top officials on board). Obviously, we don’t know the full details of the terms, but based off what they’ve briefed, he’ve succeeded in getting the Russian gov’t to agree to some concessions in return for stopping his marching.

On the other hand, if you believe that it was Putin who orchestrated or had something to do with this debacle, despite the biggest humiliation of his 20+ year rule (as evident by his appearance today and fragility of the country); then I don’t know what to say :manny:

Have some humble pie. I made it just for you.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
With all due respect, it still didn’t contradict what I expected to be the outcome :drakekidding:

You said the plan in the long-term was to take out Putin. You said it with zero evidence even with him saying that was not his goal. This was a planned operation between the two. Now eat it while it's still hot and fresh.

You said the plan in the long-term was to take out Putin. You said it with zero evidence even with him saying that was not his goal. This was a planned operation. Now eat it while it's still hot and fresh.

Read my post(s) again, in particular the one you responded to. I provided *conditions*, if he wanted to take out Putin out, i.e. that he needed people (top officials and various intelligence and army fractions/units) to switch allegiances and that it was *unlikely* to happen given the circumstances. I also said that it was *not* the main objective of this operation. Instead it was targeting the defense ministry, given their failure in Ukraine. Depending on the outcome of that plan, he would proceed with appropriate actions.

As far as going after Putin, that was what he *directly* implied. I don't how you missed that part. Especially after Putin branded him as a traitor, called his actions 'rebellion', how his people were attacked etc. Look at my post again, where Wagner explicitly said that they were aiming for a *new president*.

Again, you're more than welcome to refute anything else I said. If I indeed was wrong, I stand corrected. But thus far, I'm not retracting anything as it doesn't stand in contrary to what I predicted earlier :kanyeshrug:

I recommend that you follow his speeches and actions precisely from now onwards if you honestly think that this power struggle won’t involve attempts to remove the president. It’s highly unlikely as of now, unless people at the top switches allegiances. Prigozhin have even been pleading threatening different defense, security and intelligence fractions to defect. However, the focal point seem to be targeting the folks in charge of the defense ministry and subsequently taking appropriate steps from there.

Last edited:

I just woke up.... what an anti-climax... here I thought something really interesting was about to happen...

I wonder if this whole thing was to identify elements who want to coup Putin.... if Putin assassinates me I am requesting people to post conspiracy theories in the freethinkers section on my behalf...

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

كَمَا دَخَلُوهُ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍۢ🕌☝🏾
VIP
This Shoigu screaming old fart signed his own death warrant🤣no way is he going to survive this after making Putin look like a fulay kkkkkkkk u think u can make Mr macho flee🏃🏾‍♂️💨the country wihtout any consequences kkkkkkkk he would have had a better chance of surviving if he took his chances with his 30k army🤣plenty of Russians r tired of Putin draggin them out of their homes and forcing them to fight in Ukraine🤣He could have used everyone's anger to his advantage🤣major f up gahhhhdamn.

In honour of the Supreme Leader Vladimir Putin's victory over Prigozhin & Wagner, I present Yulia Matyukina singing 'When We Were at War'

Trending