wadani backs Berbera deal, tough words against SFG

Status
Not open for further replies.

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
If you have done a little research into other port deals and other deals DPW has in other countries, what SL is getting isn’t that bad.

In egpyt DPW has 90% stake over there port.

Look at these other port deals https://www.reuters.com/article/chi...ategic-port-in-myanmar-official-idUSL4N1MS3UB

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...res-99-year-lease-of-darwin-port-in-506m-deal

Unless you can broker better deal than its best we be satisfied with this deal.:mjlol:

Links, please. The fact that DP has 90% stake over Sokhna. And show me actual links on other DPW port deals and not some random links on Chinese deals.

I'm pretty sure both Myanmar(Yangon, bassein, Moulmein, Sittwe, Thilawa) & Australia(x) have other "main ports" than the ones you linked above. Whilst Berbera is our one and only. That's the difference. Foreigners owning 70% of it, means that they can do whatever they want with it and we have no say in it.

With Ethiopia having 19% stake of the port, what exactly will we get in return other than they developing the Wajaale road aka Ethiopia corridor? Sure it'll create some jobs, but I still think that negotiations were shit. I wouldn't be surprised if DP World bribed whoever they made the deal with. Watch this turn to into another Doraleh case in the next few years.

Just because other countries had worse port deals, it doesn't mean we should be satisfied with this. Wax isula hadh.

dont understand why people are so upset, DP world will either deliver which is good for our brother up north, or DP world fail to deliver which will show they UAE for the thief they are.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
We don't know the percentages yet
Bro I actually saw a video of the DP World CEO saying they were just planning on making the Berbera port a regional and it would stay a relatively small port compared to some others in the regions and so on.

But the situation that happened with Djibouti is forcing them to make the Berbera port a central one in the region I can't remember where I saw it but there should be some future news about this.

It's all speculation now until we get a real confirmation but since the deal is already set in place and signed and this was meant to be a relatively small one not a central one so if that means they will invest more than they were planning on maybe this wont be such a bad deal.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Xamar hasn't had peace since Siad Barre era, what has somaliland being doing all this time to not have sewage or piped water? 24 years
Don't be an idiot, they absolutely destroyed Hargeisa during that time. Why don't they this and that, you must be out of your mind :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending