Waaq

Im not gonna read this heresy waryaa, my forefathers left that shid for good reasons, and fought against mighty enemies for me to remain a muslim. So im not interested in that oromo religion.
What about your forefathers before they converted to islam let me guess they were oromo too or they were just sitting around in somalia :mjlol:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
There is evidence in Sade mire papers and the erect gravestones dotted around the wagar tree in the cal madow mountains

Not just that but very obvious evidence in the linguistics. The Waaq related terms literally everywhere in the Somali language as well as Waaq related names and placenames and folktales or the clear similarity in customs to other Cushites we know used to be Waaqist or are still Waaqist like some Oromos like the reverence of sacred trees, burial practices and so on. The literal word for prosperity ("Barwaaqo") in our language evokes Waaq. Even the native word for prayer ("Tuko") seems eerily similar to the word for Crow ("Tuke") which is an animal Waaqist apparently prayed to. One would really have to be reaching to not assume Waaq worship was prominent among pre-Islamic Somalis.

Not just that but very obvious evidence in the linguistics. The Waaq related terms literally everywhere in the Somali language as well as Waaq related names and placenames and folktales or the clear similarity in customs to other Cushites we know used to be Waaqist or are still Waaqist like some Oromos like the reverence of sacred trees, burial practices and so on. The literal word for prosperity ("Barwaaqo") in our language evokes Waaq. Even the native word for prayer ("Tuko") seems eerily similar to the word for Crow ("Tuke") which is an animal Waaqist apparently prayed to. One would really have to be reaching to not assume Waaq worship was prominent among pre-Islamic Somalis.
there even a place called Caabudwaaq in somalia

my point is monotheistic religion can be changed like christianity for example had much more in common with the torah before st.paul changed it and christianity was practiced in the north somalia and as well as islam
I never claimed that it cant changed

don't know about monotheism spreading faster than polytheism the main reason for wide-spread conversion would probably be of the character of the people who introduced it. And if its core principles could reasonably executed in their daily lives
Its a easier concept ! Many polytheistic religion dont have scripture specially thousands of years ago

Its a easier concept ! Many polytheistic religion dont have scripture specially thousands of years ago
agreed it would be more accurate to say animalistic nature worshipping religions rather than polytheistic ones. Waaq probably had no scripture but hinduism and sikhism do.

agreed it would be more accurate to say animalistic nature worshipping religions rather than polytheistic ones. Waaq probably had no scripture but hinduism and sikhism do.
Yeah ,but how many pagan beliefs were there ?? Millions

There is no evidence that Somalis ever followed waaq, but some oromo schoolars say that central and South Somalia belonged to them, and that Somalis descended upon them from North and occupied their land. So maybe that explains the remnants.
How so do those oromos have evidence they own central and south somalia
And if they do when did Somalis chase them away what time year which century or is this agenda of oromos

How so do those oromos have evidence they own central and south somalia
And if they do when did Somalis chase them away what time year which century or is this agenda of oromos
leave it sxb no evidence of oromos in somalia she just salty that waaq was worshipped instead of allah :mjlol:

Trending

Latest posts