Waaq

Of course there is more to that ,but monotheism spreads easier than polytheism ,
Just for the fact you preaching, about 1 god .
Look at catholicism they many different gods/saint & from country to country
Even city to city sometimes
don't know about monotheism spreading faster than polytheism the main reason for wide-spread conversion would probably be of the character of the people who introduced it. And if its core principles could reasonably executed in their daily lives

Allah sent Messengers to every nation and he sent to his last messenger Muhammad peace be upon him to Men kind and Jinn.

So, who know this Waaq religion might have been a true religion from Allah sent to Geeljires at that time. But how does this knowledge benefits us today? Allah warns us in the Qur'an about people's obsession about what their forefathers worshipped.

Allah sent Messengers to every nation and he sent to his last messenger Muhammad peace be upon him to Men kind and Jinn.

So, who know this Waaq religion might have been a true religion from Allah sent to Geeljires at that time. But how does this knowledge benefits us today? Allah warns us in the Qur'an about people's obsession about what their forefathers worshipped.
i can imagine ancient geeljires screaming waaq and bowing in front of a tree :faysalwtf:

Christianity is a complicated mess most people don't follow but the jewish version of christianity was practiced in ancient somaliland introduced by the axumites? Food for thought.
I dont get your point.

My point most polytheist leaved their religion or mixed it with others

it befits us because we can learn about the origins of qabils and somali society before islam so we know which sites are pre-islamic and which aren't. Also u never know what u can learn from the past :notsureif:

it befits us because we can learn about the origins of qabils and somali society before islam so we know which sites are pre-islamic and which aren't. Also u never know what u can learn from the past :notsureif:
There aren't that many sources on Waaq religion tho and how are you going to deduce the origin of Somali Qabiils through that method. It doesn't make any sense.

I dont get your point.

My point most polytheist leaved their religion or mixed it with others
my point is monotheistic religion can be changed like christianity for example had much more in common with the torah before st.paul changed it and christianity was practiced in the north somalia and as well as islam

There aren't that many sources on Waaq religion tho and how are you going to deduce the origin of Somali Qabils through that method. It doesn't make any sense.
most qabils have fraudulent ancestries and u can understand from people religion how they governed their societies. Like in egypt the laws were tied with different gods. Look how much they already know

Som

VIP
Why did Somalis give up waaq for Islam relatively quickly? Do u think there was any pre-Waaq religion in Somalia
Waaq cult was almost monotheistic so it was easier to relate to islam, conversion happened relatively quickly and by 12-13th century somalis were completely muslims but still retained some waaqist beliefs and traditions.
I don't know of any pre-waaq religion in somalia but it's possible that some arabian deities may have been worshiped by some people in modern day Somaliland. We know ethio-semitic people practiced some kind of arabian paganism before christianity

Som

VIP

It's not an obsession. We learn everything about what arabs used to do before and after islam but we don't know anything about our ancestors. That's mad, we need to know our history

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
This
Never to mention that there are verses where there are words that are pronounced the same way that Waaq is pronounced. surah al rad 34 and 37 and Alqafir 21.

View attachment 166342
like the aya of alrad 34 this واق at the end of the aya is pronounced the same way as waaq so probably they thought this quran was from their god waaq
1610803492171.png

Waaq cult was almost monotheistic so it was easier to relate to islam, conversion happened relatively quickly and by 12-13th century somalis were completely muslims but still retained some waaqist beliefs and traditions.
I don't know of any pre-waaq religion in somalia but it's possible that some arabian deities may have been worshiped by some people in modern day Somaliland. We know ethio-semitic people practiced some kind of arabian paganism before christianity
It more likely the chiefs adopted islam and their people followed . And waaq probably wasn't the only religion that our ancestors followed they can't be that uncreative :wtf:

There is no evidence that Somalis ever followed waaq, but some oromo schoolars say that central and South Somalia belonged to them, and that Somalis descended upon them from North and occupied their land. So maybe that explains the remnants.

There is no evidence that Somalis ever followed waaq, but some oromo schoolars say that central and South Somalia belonged to them, and that Somalis descended upon them from North and occupied their land. So maybe that explains the remnants.
strong evidence especially the north

strong evidence especially the north
Im not gonna read this heresy waryaa, my forefathers left that shid for good reasons, and fought against mighty enemies for me to remain a muslim. So im not interested in that oromo religion.

Im not gonna read this heresy waryaa, my forefathers left that shid for good reasons, and fought against mighty enemies for me to remain a muslim. So im not interested in that oromo religion.
tell me how do you know that if u were born in the 21st century u know ur 12 x grandad or something :russ:

Last edited: