Waaq

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
Why did Somalis give up waaq for Islam relatively quickly? Do u think there was any pre-Waaq religion in Somalia
Waaq was born from an acacia tree. People who follow Waaqism believe they are the offspring of Waaq.

Imagine the creator of all beings coming from a tree.

The creator from a creation and that creation must've had a creator too thus creating an infinite regress.

Further invalidating this religion.

Waaq was born from an acacia tree. People who follow Waaqism believe they are the offspring of Waaq.

The creator from a creation and that creation must've had a creator too thus creating an infinite regress.

I mean the validity of religion has no bearing on people faiths in it human are endlessly reprogrammable . To an Christian or atheist Islam would seem illogical from their perspective. I think this is the reason why Islam spread in Somalia slowly over generations rather than quickly. People don’t usually quickly abandon their faiths. Thoughts?

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
I mean the validity of religion has no bearing on people faiths in it human are endlessly reprogrammable . To an Christian or atheist Islam would seem illogical from their perspective. I think this is the reason why Islam spread in Somalia slowly over generations rather than quickly. People don’t usually quickly abandon their faiths. Thoughts?
People want to believe in a religion that has no flaws

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Why did Somalis give up waaq for Islam relatively quickly? Do u think there was any pre-Waaq religion in Somalia
how do you how speedly they converted to Islam?
Anyway people take the best of what is out there, so converting to Islam is for Islam being better in their view. Plus it was more easier to convert to another monotheism religion.

Never to mention that there are verses where there are words that are pronounced the same way that Waaq is pronounced. surah al rad 34 and 37 and Alqafir 21.

Anyway people take the best of what is out there, so converting to Islam is for Islam being better in their view. Plus it was more easier to convert to another monotheism religion.

Never to mention that there are verses where there are words that are pronounced the same way that Waaq is pronounced. surah al rad 34 and 37 and Alqafir 21.
Why so defensive I don’t know it seems quickly most clans formed in the 12 and 13 centuries from fraudulent Arabic lineages . My question is if Islam was introduced to Somalia in the 9th and 8th centuries so how it become so important that most major clans based their lineage on essentially Arabic missionaries

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Why so defensive I don’t know it seems quickly most clans formed in the 12 and 13 centuries from fraudulent Arabic lineages . My question is if Islam was introduced to Somalia in the 9th and 8th centuries so how it become so important that most major clans based their lineage on essentially Arabic missionaries
this question is different to OP :browtf:

this question is different to OP :browtf:

Same question different wording I was just giving context . U answered about why they initially converted to Islam not why it became important 2 to 3 centuries after it was introduced

Where is the concrete evidence Somalis ever followed it? It is based on a total assumption with nothing to stand on.

Why do people believe this?

Where is the concrete evidence Somalis ever followed it? It is based on a total assumption with nothing to stand on.

Why do people believe this?
There is evidence in Sade mire papers and the erect gravestones dotted around the wagar tree in the cal madow mountains

:deadpeter: Our ancestors were a weird bunch

Explain more

Don’t know bit simplistic probably more to it than that
Of course there is more to that ,but monotheism spreads easier than polytheism ,
Just for the fact you preaching, about 1 god .
Look at catholicism they many different gods/saint & from country to country
Even city to city sometimes

Of course there is more to that ,but monotheism spreads easier than polytheism ,
Just for the fact you preaching, about 1 god .
Look at catholicism they many different gods/saint & from country to country
Even city to city sometimes
Christianity is a complicated mess most people don't follow but the jewish version of christianity was practiced in ancient somaliland introduced by the axumites? Food for thought.

Trending