Video on ancient Somali City States

Somalis controlled the spice trade during that period, but we still have dhaandhaans trying to associate our spice blend, with others. What infuriates me, is that our food doesn't even taste like Asian cuisines, it's a uniquely Somali blend. It makes my teeth itch, when I see Somalis try to take credit and ingenuity away from Somalis.

There are also excerpts which show that Somalis are the only ones who knew/know how to harvest frankincense, even the people harvesting Frankincense in Yemen/Oman, were Somalis. I'll post it when I find it.

@Idrus

This extensive trade history also explains why there are random Arabs, Libyan, Saudi etc, whose DNA results are the same as Majeerteen (within 800-1000 years). So, we don't just have known Arabised communities like the ones in Salalah, Oman, but we have lost people, who think they're Arabs.

Similarly, coffee was introduced to the Arabs by Somali traders, if I'm not mistaken, through Berbera from Harar.

These are just a few examples, of the all the trade history, lost or yet to be discovered.

Last edited:

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian πŸ‡©πŸ‡― | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
VIP
@Idrus

This also explains why there are random Arabs, Libyan, Saudi etc, whose DNA results are the same as Majeerteen (within 800-1000 years). So, we don't just have known Arabised communities like the ones in Salalah, Oman, but we have lost people, who think they're Arabs.

Similarly, coffee was introduced to the Arabs by Somali traders, if I'm not mistaken, through Berbera from Harar.

These are just a few examples, of the all the trade history, lost or yet to be discovered.
Yes coffee was discovered by a muslim Cushitic tribe somewhere in modern central oromia however it was first traded by Somali merchants who introduced it to the world

Yes coffee was discovered by a muslim Cushitic tribe somewhere in modern central oromia however it was first traded by Somali merchants who introduced it to the world

There is also a masjid in Morrocco somewhere, established by Somali traders, their descendants are assimilated Morroccans.

You'll also notice that the Somali Alindi print is worn from North Africa to the Swahili coast, where they wear it as their national dress. It's insane how much trade history is lost and how much influence Somalis had in the ancient world.

Commorros for example; top left is Somali, they even wear it in Uganda.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian πŸ‡©πŸ‡― | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
VIP
There is also a masjid in Morrocco somewhere, established by Somali traders, their descendants are assimilated Morroccans.

You'll also notice that the Somali Alindi print is worn from North Africa to the Swahili coast, where they wear it as their national dress. It's insane how much trade history is lost and how much influence Somalis had in the ancient world.
There needs to be more research and books written about Somali traders and Cities. Lots of things in East Africa can be attributed to Somali enterprise which still goes on to this day.

There needs to be more research and books written about Somali traders and Cities. Lots of things in East Africa can be attributed to Somali enterprise which still goes on to this day.

The biggest shame is how no Somali Government has formally laid claim to Alindi print and revitalised the industry. Now we have all the adoptees running around with it, as if it's their national dress without a single acknowledgement as to where it originated from.

The biggest shame is how no Somali Government has formally laid claim to Alindi print and revitalised the industry. Now we have all the adoptees running around with it, as if it's their national dress without a single acknowledgement as to where it originated from.

If anything your people are more of an adoptee than anyone else, it's banadiri attire we don't see any difference between oromos or lamagoodles wearing it . The fact that non banadiri men don't wear alindi shows that they're adoptees because only their women wear it whereas both banadiri men and women use it

Somalis controlled the spice trade during that period, but we still have dhaandhaans trying to associate our spice blend, with others. What infuriates me, is that our food doesn't even taste like Asian cuisines, it's a uniquely Somali blend. It makes my teeth itch, when I see Somalis try to take credit and ingenuity away from Somalis.

There are also excerpts which show that Somalis are the only ones who knew/know how to harvest frankincense, even the people harvesting Frankincense in Yemen/Oman, were Somalis. I'll post it when I find it.
Revisionism

If anything your people are more of an adoptee than anyone else, it's banadiri attire we don't see any difference between oromos or lamagoodles wearing it . The fact that non banadiri men don't wear alindi shows that they're adoptees because only their women wear it whereas both banadiri men and women use it
Alindi is benadiri but a lot of the stuff cadcads claim to have introduced to lamagoodles is untrue. I once heard an cadcad say macawiis was introduced to us by them, when it clearly came to us fro Yemen.

Trending