Viable Modes of Energy Production in Somalia ?

Djokovic

Somali Arab
Somalia should utilise it’s uranium, creat nuclear reactors from selling, power its country with it due to its great potential then creat nuclear weapons and bargain with it to get back its western lands and kenyan occupied lands as well as become a regional power no one can mess with
I doubt Somalia would have any nuclear capabilities in any of our lifetimes

Djokovic

Somali Arab
We need to be completely self efficient in our energy production so we, make a profit from our energy, don’t accumulate debts, or are gridlocked politically because of our dependence on others. From my knowledge we don’t have significant amounts of gas and coal
Mate I said if they can afford it

Solar energy is now the cheapest and easiest to build.
The storage part is the expensive part and if we create companies that focus on storage. Somalia will have cheapest electricity costs

Somalia reached an agreement with a Shell-ExxonMobil joint venture on 24 February that covers future exploration of offshore oil and gas blocks, according to the East African country’s Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources.
The agreement enables historic concessions held by the decades-old Shell-Exxon joint venture to be converted to a new model production sharing agreement (PSA), which was published earlier this month following the ratification on 8 February of the country’s first Petroleum Law.

“I am delighted we have agreed an initial roadmap with the Shell-ExxonMobil joint venture,” petroleum minister Abdirashid Mohamed Ahmed wrote in a statement. “This gives us confidence in [our] ability to further explore any offshore hydrocarbon potential.”

The Shell-ExxonMobil joint venture made a $1.7mn payment to Somalia last October as retrospective rent for five blocks it was awarded three decades ago under former president Mohamed Siad Barre—the blocks were never accessed due to the vicious civil conflicts that erupted following Barre’s overthrow in 1991.

Norwegian seismic data survey company TGS has estimated potentially 30bn bl of oil lies in the 15 shallow and deepwater blocks on offer in a long-delayed licensing round that the country hopes to launch this year.

Officials are yet to advise a new timeframe for the round, which was postponed last year due to a maritime dispute with neighbouring Kenya. It covers approximately 75,000 km² and It is backed by over 40,000km² of seismic data.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Our lack of ability to produce any energy is one of the main hindrances of us industrializing and manufacturing goods.

What do you think are the best ways that we could produce energy self sufficiently without being in a treat deficit.

Well 80% of Somalia is arad sahara. The Sun is the only free energy i can think of. Like the way they did here in Arizona state in USA. A bunch of satellites for Sun Energy harvest

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
@Leeban , i like your thoughts and optimism but we're way far behind to even think about viable energy source in Somalia.

I agree.

First

We need Secure Functioning govt

Second

We need Jobs & Tax paying system

Third

We need Law & Order

Before we do anything

Mate I said if they can afford it
Apparently, Somalilamd has potential coal deposits but they’re hundreds miles from the city and the road are inadequate
F1CCD27F-C85A-4AE0-89E4-72716A77E2D5.jpeg
6F1E8297-A1EB-4B9C-8A44-7C21B2D7AC62.jpeg
F1CCD27F-C85A-4AE0-89E4-72716A77E2D5.jpeg

I agree.

First

We need Secure Functioning govt

Second

We need Jobs & Tax paying system

Third

We need Law & Order

Before we do anything
1. Functioning government needs money and law abiding citizens. And if the people are poor starving, alshabab and similar groups will have endless supply of fighters they can recruit.

2. Jobs need companies, industries, factories and they need cheap/affordable energy.

3. Poor people people won't accept law and order. Poor government cannot enforce their laws onto Hungary starving people, unless they become evil blood sucking dictators.

So it's just an endless cycle with no exit

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
1. Functioning government needs money and law abiding citizens. And if the people are poor starving, alshabab and similar groups will have endless supply of fighters they can recruit.

2. Jobs need companies, industries, factories and they need cheap/affordable energy.

3. Poor people people won't accept law and order. Poor government cannot enforce their laws onto Hungary starving people, unless they become evil blood sucking dictators.

So it's just an endless cycle with no exit

That is nonsense excuses.

Poor people will do what a strong govt tells them what to do.

Law and Order means --remove al shabaab from existence.

That is nonsense excuses.

Poor people will do what a strong govt tells them what to do.

Law and Order means --remove al shabaab from existence.
Poor people have little to nothing to lose, they don't follow orders unless they have built something for them.
That's why the poor neighborhoods are the violent places in the west.
When people have jobs, education, business, good life, they follow the rules of the authorities.

Somalia reached an agreement with a Shell-ExxonMobil joint venture on 24 February that covers future exploration of offshore oil and gas blocks, according to the East African country’s Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources.
The agreement enables historic concessions held by the decades-old Shell-Exxon joint venture to be converted to a new model production sharing agreement (PSA), which was published earlier this month following the ratification on 8 February of the country’s first Petroleum Law.

“I am delighted we have agreed an initial roadmap with the Shell-ExxonMobil joint venture,” petroleum minister Abdirashid Mohamed Ahmed wrote in a statement. “This gives us confidence in [our] ability to further explore any offshore hydrocarbon potential.”

The Shell-ExxonMobil joint venture made a $1.7mn payment to Somalia last October as retrospective rent for five blocks it was awarded three decades ago under former president Mohamed Siad Barre—the blocks were never accessed due to the vicious civil conflicts that erupted following Barre’s overthrow in 1991.

Very bad news

It would be better if they never had the opportunity to exploit the oil. Never anything good from welcoming foreign corporations into a country with an extremely weak and corrupt government.

Very bad news

It would be better if they never had the opportunity to exploit the oil. Never anything good from welcoming foreign corporations into a country with an extremely weak and corrupt government.
I mean it’s good for a country to be self sufficient but to what degree would Somalia be exploited? It’l be up to the people in charge I guess and they do need something to get started with unless they can somehow create their own machinery for petroleum extraction and have the relative professionals at hand

Trending

Latest posts