Utopian Ideologies

Have you ever followed utopian ideologies?

• Communism

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Libertarianism

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Veganism

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Polyamory

• Radical environmentalism

• Other

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the ideologies you listed are Utopian, typical ideological Bootyclapper listing the ideas and systems of foreigners as Utopian and superior. Who do you think's going to run these systems if they're implemented?:mjlol:
Superior? Ain't said nothing about superior or inferior. Just want to know what ideas Somali millenials are toying with.

We know @AbdiJew is a believer in gaylordism, @Amun in Maoism, and @sophisticate in celibacy. These are novel ideas to the Somali mind. Our ancestors lived for ten thousand years without having a single novel idea.

Not really, the West is something in between Social Democracy and Neoliberalism. It's a hot mess between the two. The latter is utopian.

Nonsence. One might actually argue social democracy is falling due to the rise of neolibaralism. You dont have to look further than your own country and the rising globalazation and free market-friendly leaders who is charge on most of western countries. Ofcourse there is no absolute freedom, given the controling nature of states but the west is closer to victorian sociaty more than ever. This time everyone can succeed - for the most part.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Is celibacy a utopian ideology? Perhaps, one is saving another mouth from needing to be fed. I don't see it as a humanitarian act when everyone else is reproducing like bunny rabbits. I suppose I'll contribute someday (on the lower end). In the meantime, I will embrace my fierce independence. :manny:

Apollo

VIP
Is celibacy a utopian ideology? Perhaps, one is saving another mouth from needing to be fed. I don't see it as a humanitarian act when everyone else is reproducing like bunny rabbits. I suppose I'll contribute someday (on the lower end). In the meantime, I will embrace my fierce independence. :manny:

sophisticate, you are too smart for your own good, stop overthinking and have kids. Just do it.

Yes, celibacy is utopian because it tries to resist human nature. Sex is part of our biological inheritance. The bipedal animal needs genital play as he needs food and water. Shoot, some of us need it even more. Gandhi tried it, and look what happened to the old G. He would sleep naked beside teen girls to show that even with masses of uncovered skin before his eyes the spirit could still rise above the flesh. I love the Mahatma, but he was one twisted guy.

Mouths to feed? No, that's more to do with fears over human overpopulation. So I hope you checked the radical environmentalist box.

Status
Not open for further replies.