USA fears China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, sri lanka fucked itself by making that deal. I know china are shady like no other, but they never force you to make those shity deals.

Yeah, they never force us.....but who is “us” in this scenario?

The people don’t really have much of a voice in what their Government does. If Kenya’s politicians want to sell out their country and take a massive loan from China....what is the average Kenyan going to do about it?

And by the time the Chinese come to collect their debts, most of these politicians will be dead or retired. But the debt is still there, and you’d better believe the Chinese will get their money somehow someway

TheChauvinist

Men are better than Women.
So canada has arrested the cfo of huawei, Meng Wanzhou. My theory that it's a political conspiracy to undermine the telecom giant. Apparently this has to do with huawei spying for china.

How is that a consipiracy? Wouldnt they just be protecting US technology and economic interests from foreign competitors?

China already has a long history and reputation of stealing technology from the US.

Yeah, they never force us.....but who is “us” in this scenario?

The people don’t really have much of a voice in what their Government does. If Kenya’s politicians want to sell out their country and take a massive loan from China....what is the average Kenyan going to do about it?

And by the time the Chinese come to collect their debts, most of these politicians will be dead or retired. But the debt is still there, and you’d better believe the Chinese will get their money somehow someway
I'm sorry, i meant they, not us. As in countries like sri lanka.

This isn't unique. Every other country in the world does the same thing. The chinese are just better at it.

You are shifting the blame on to the chinese when in fact these governments that you are portraying as victims should take more responsibilities and be accountable for the deals they agree to. You cannot hold hold the chinese accountable for the"bad" leaders african or south asian countries has chosen. Come on man, stop treating them like children.

I understand where you're coming from, your are looking at it from a moral perspective. But these geopolitical trading and infrastructure deals are rarely based on that. It is all based on legal means. No one is really doing anything based on wether it's good or bad, as long as it is legal.

How is that a consipiracy? Wouldnt they just be protecting US technology and economic interests from foreign competitors?

China already has a long history and reputation of stealing technology from the US.

Dude, the chinese don't follow US patent law because China is not part of the US. Why should any country follow a foreign law? Does the US foollow chinese laws?

Western law has its roots in judaism, christianity and islam, which dictates that the original law came from the Creator. Human law evolved from this basic law.
Chinese law did not evolve from that, so they don't care about such things. :cryinglaughsmiley:

On the other hand they are also much better in reviewing intellectual rights litigations and much faster and more effective than the US, saving hundreds of millions of dollars. In china intellectual property litigation grew exponentially from 12,205 cases in 2004 to 133,863 cases in 2014. This is an annual increase of 27 percent every year, for ten years. That is a good progress imo

TheChauvinist

Men are better than Women.
Dude, the chinese don't follow US patent law because China is not part of the US. Why should any country follow a foreign law? Does the US foollow chinese laws?

Good point but if the Chinese are on American/Canadian soil those laws apply to them. . Thats why the Huawei spy was arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending