Us Somali men and height

So, I've always been kinda short, like 5'5 short. It never bothered me much, but my family was obsessed with the whole height thing. Everyone in my fam is tall, but here I am, the short one. One time, my mom took me out of school to play detective with doctors, hoping to find a way to make me taller. X-rays, consultations—the whole shebang. But guess what? The docs dropped the bomb that I won't be growing any more. You should've seen the looks on my parents' faces; it was like they thought I was dying.The doctor, looking at my X-rays, was chill about it, telling my folks height isn't everything. Did they listen? Nope. The whole ride back home was painfully quiet and awkward.To top it off, they even tried to get a sheikh to read some Quran and do some prayers for a growth spurt. Probably the only thing that made me move out to the military after highschool lol.

I have short friends almost around your height, and they are not held back because of it. The trick to going forward with success is to live life as if height is never a factor, never use it as an excuse for why you suck at things. Besides NBA, everything else the fool above me (lmao) could do, you can do.

So, I've always been kinda short, like 5'5 short. It never bothered me much, but my family was obsessed with the whole height thing. Everyone in my fam is tall, but here I am, the short one. One time, my mom took me out of school to play detective with doctors, hoping to find a way to make me taller. X-rays, consultations—the whole shebang. But guess what? The docs dropped the bomb that I won't be growing any more. You should've seen the looks on my parents' faces; it was like they thought I was dying.The doctor, looking at my X-rays, was chill about it, telling my folks height isn't everything. Did they listen? Nope. The whole ride back home was painfully quiet and awkward.To top it off, they even tried to get a sheikh to read some Quran and do some prayers for a growth spurt. Probably the only thing that made me move out to the military after highschool lol.
What’s your qabil? I wanna see if a theory I have some truth to it

I have short friends almost around your height, and they are not held back because of it. The trick to going forward with success is to live life as if height is never a factor, never use it as an excuse for why you suck at things. Besides NBA, everything else the fool above me (lmao) could do, you can do.
Never said it bothered me or anything lol. Never held me back from anything.

He’s issaq
Ceebta walaaka astur
smh GIF

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement
I just wanted to hear any similar stories lol.
My older brother is 6’6 so my family thought I’d turn out to be some giant too. I topped out at 5’10. They still cope saying I’ll get taller but I’ve been told by my doctor I was done at 15 :drakekidding:

Trending