Underrated cities/towns in South & Central Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
Merca only has 4 'degmo'. Each degmo is equivalent to what others consider a medium sized town.

I always wondered why certain towns gained a huge population when they weren't historically settled.

Balcad, Mahadaay, Ceelbuur, Baardheere, Luuq, Buulo Burde, Jamaame etc use to be some of the biggest towns in Somalia with centuries-old structures and public services but today they are outdone by Cadaado, Gaalkacyo, Beledxaawo etc. Even Afgooye once considered a suburban holiday resort for reer Muqdisho is bigger than the aforementioned.

In the north it is the same. Towns that were famous historically didn't grew much people just moved into the big cities (Hargeisa, Burco etc). Were's in the south a lot of growth was seen in numerous new towns/cities which were once villages.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
In the north it is the same. Towns that were famous historically didn't grew much people just moved into the big cities (Hargeisa, Burco etc). Were's in the south a lot of growth was seen in numerous new towns/cities which were once villages.

The Kacaan and the Civil War also changed some of the natural demographics. Waterhole sites and bushes like Qoryooley, Ceelasha Biyaha are now considered 'degmo'.

Then you have industrial towns like Shalaambood and Mareerey which would have been the new Sheffield and Liverpool of Somalia completely abandoned.

Not in southern Somalia (atleast Rahanweyn, southern Dir, Jarerweyne and Hawiye areas). Their towns are middle sized to a large town which are cities.
Well those areas have a high population so of course they will have more towns than in other places.

Bohol

VIP
Well those areas have a high population so of course they will have more towns than in other places.

My point is not about the population but the different standard of what is considered "city" and "town" in south Somalia and north (Somaliland region).

In a place like Somaliland region Aynabo is considered a town/city were's in south Somalia it wouldn't even qualify for a village :lol: .
upload_2019-6-24_20-11-14.png

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Puntland should send it's own indepenent assessor of all regions cause maths doesn't discriminate. Collect the samples and work out the city/rural ratio for major towns and then work out one sample for small town, work out sample for village. You just multiply it by how many is villages, how many are towns, how many are cities. U get your over-all fact. Maths is great cause we will all come to consistent value, maths doesn't lie brothers.

Can you believe the indho-adayg in Wikipedia Somalilanders wrote it is a "city" :russ::deadosama:

upload_2019-6-24_20-11-14-png.74562

:mjlol:thats funny as hell sxb, i would rate you laugh if i could.

Its hilarious naming birds nests as Cities, the way Somaliland is going with this they will be naming next the Ceel Biyoods a rivers/wabiye, walee the delusions is high with them.

Bohol

VIP
:mjlol:thats funny as hell sxb, i would rate you laugh if i could.

Its hilarious naming birds nests as Cities, the way Somaliland is going with this they will be naming next the Ceel Biyoods a rivers/wabiye, walee the delusions is high with them.

Bird nests that is cold :russ:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I wouldn't accept anything else less then 5 mill for bari to mudug. 1 million for our settlements but for every person I will only accept 4 people rurally based on my own family sample in nugaal. It's probably higher in some areas where it's real nomadic and lower in coastal areas. So I am flexible to bounce of 4-6 million but I still want formula used to balance lower coastal rural population against the higher rural population in nugaal-mudug-karkaar.

Sorry Ali Saleban u coastal nigga, there isn't many rural people who live there. The northern Bari settlement is a dead coast similar to Berbera is my opinion but then again I would need to carry out samples to get the bottom of it. But around Middle Bari to Southern Bari you got a booming population. No wonder they say osman mahmoud run bari. I can see why.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
We need independent assessors from all regions in Somalia given some basic samples for population gouging. Classifying Cities, Towns, Villages. Count how many classify into city, how many classify into towns, how many classify into villages. Once you have an overall figure. Say for example your state has 6 cities. 4 towns. 100 villages. That's great, you got a number to work from. All you need to do is sample a few people in a city to get an average of how many city/rural ratio. If it's 0/0 10/10, 50/50, 60/40, 80/20.

Once you know the over-all number for the city. U need to count at least 1 xaafad and multiply that across the number of xaafads. So if one xaafad is 10k. Multiply that to 16 xaafad. That is 160k town, depending on your 'xafaad' size of course. It's better using a 'kilometer measure' though as 'xafaads' can be different sizes. Measure 1 kilometer length and 1 kilometer width. Count each house. Work out the final figure by working out the length of the city in terms of kilometer and the width of the city in kilometers. You can reach a reasonable and accepted sum for the total of that town. Just give an average of 8 people per household across all your city samples so it's equal and no dispute among clans. So if 1 kilometer length and width has 10k. The town is 15 kilometers. You know 15 'boxes' will need to be filled with the figure you got from doing a census on the first box which is 1 kilometer length and width of an area of the city.

U niggas are funny

All of those villages together, plus all of Puntland, Galmudug and Jubaland cities together still dont add up to Hargeisa or Mogadishu :drakelaugh::chrisfreshhah:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
U niggas are funny

All of those villages together, plus all of Puntland, Galmudug and Jubaland cities together still dont add up to Hargeisa or Mogadishu :drakelaugh::chrisfreshhah:

Yeah when your whole family lives in one xaafaad you can't compare to those towns where each person in the town has 50 people outside the town on camels. Get the f*ck outta here langaab, how can u live in the same xaafaad as your whole clan? ceeb badana. This mogadishu and hargeisa guy told me his whole awoowe and second awoowe and descendants all live within two blocks of each other. Now talk about low population.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
U niggas are funny

Like I said, Scientific Somalis should be in Somalia and presenting maths to finally end the population bullshit of clans. No more 'lies' about how big you are cause it can be measured either kilometer wise into boxes and working how many boxes fill your over-all area or city/rural population depending on your family sample which get 'VERIFIED'. Not just one but 'randomly' chosen from different sections of the city. If you knew maths and measurements, maxaba qosli lahayn niyahow, it shows u dont understand maths u see how most somalis shut the f*ck up, they know BASIC MATHS THATS PROLLY WHY.

Status
Not open for further replies.