UNCONFIRMED: ETHIOPIA THREATENS SL TO NOT SEND ARMS TO TIGRAY?!

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
If you mean Abdi Iley, then forget that moron. He was deceived by TPLF to declare independence and got beaten his a$$. You can't just declare independence like that. There are laws and regulations and the process may take many years but TPLF played him, fooling him Tigray will follow him and declare independence too. I am sorry for him, he didn't understand TPLF's mentality. When TPLF encourages other regions to declare independence, which it never allowed when it was in power, it is to show Ethiopians that under an Oromo PM Ethiopia is disintegrating. TPLF sending a message that an Oromo PM is not fit to lead Ethiopia, he will disintegrate it and so all should side with TPLF to save Ethiopia. That is the main message and not follow Abdi Illey and make Tigray independence. LMAO
Somali protests against the arrest of Abdi Iley.

Somalis were abused by the Ethiopian police so they could silence our voices.

You are as same as the regime.

Your on Khat.

Ethiopia will collapse. You're making it as seem that Somalis don't want to secede.

Don't speak for us please.

Abiy is more Amhara than Oromo.

Somali protests against the arrest of Abdi Iley.

Somalis were abused by the Ethiopian police so they could silence our voices.

You are as same as the regime.

Your on Khat.

Ethiopia will collapse. You're making it as seem that Somalis don't want to secede.

Don't speak for us please.

Abiy is more Amhara than Oromo.

I was talking about Abdi Illey not the people of Somali state. If Somalis want to secede then that is their decision and I wish them good luck in their new home Somalia. Abdi Illey was a certified criminal and some of his supporters protesting doesn't make him immune to face justice. I'm very sure there are also many Somalis that are happy to see him in jail

Invader

I was talking about Abdi Illey not the people of Somali state. If Somalis want to secede then that is their decision and I wish them good luck in their new home Somalia. Abdi Illey was a certified criminal and some of his supporters protesting doesn't make him immune to face justice. I'm very sure there are also many Somalis that are happy to see him in jail
There aren't any Somali who wants to see him in jail.

Ethiopia wants to silence their opponents.

As I said stop speaking for us.

Somali State wanted to secede for how long?

Yet you refuse and abuse them.

Let them choose it and be a democratic nation.

Tigray Afar Oromia nor Somali state doesn't want you.

The Amhara elites have lost their ways.

There aren't any Somali who wants to see him in jail.

Ethiopia wants to silence their opponents.

As I said stop speaking for us.

Somali State wanted to secede for how long?

Yet you refuse and abuse them.

Let them choose it and be a democratic nation.

Tigray Afar Oromia nor Somali state doesn't want you.

The Amhara elites have lost their ways.

I can show you documentaries after documentaries of Somalis who suffered in Jail Ogaden under Abdi Illey. Do you think I am a fool or what?
If you want to secede then establish a party and follow the law. You don't need to bark on me or Amhara. That is not how it works. Use the constitution and existing laws peacefully. But know that any violent act will only backfire. Good luck.

Please niggah. You really think Sidamas have forced him with their peaceful protest? Come on. We all know how powerful the state is. But you have to put yourself in his shoes. Giving Sidama a state means all 56 ethnic groups in South want their own state, all with their own state militia and border dispute etc. Can you see how this ends not only in terms of eating up the meager resources but also security wise? The problem with ethno-nationalists is their view is so narrow and are unable to see the big picture and come up with a solution that can actually work.

Let's compare the so called federalism before and after Abiy. Oromia and all the other big states were literally run by TPLF agents in the background. Non Oromo TPLF agents were selling land and looting resources in Oromia. Compare it to Abiy's Oromia. Whether you like it or not, Oromia is now fully administered by Oromos from top to bottom without any non oromo dectating from behind. Now which federalism is better, the fake TPLF or Abiy's? Let's see Somali region in which TPLF generals literarly were looting the regions budget using Abdi Illey. The state was prohibited from using their own flag etc. Now they are running their State almost without interference from the federal government, they have changed the flag and even the name of their state.

And finally, TPLF fiercely resisted to make any other language other than Amharic as a federal language while Abiy put it right in his program to add not one but 4 additional languages to federal language.

I can list many things that Abiy strengthened federalism than that was during TPLF time but still moronic oromo elites still are decieved by TPLF fake news propaganda and think TPLF is more federalist than Abiy.
:snoop:

Somalis on the other hand seem to understand the difference very well and are cautiously giving Abiy the benefit of the doubt. Kudos to them.

Oh, you're one of our Habesha countrymen/countrywomen who thinks brute force can solve every problem and will suppress a nation's desire for freedom/self-rule?
Ha. If that was the case, mengistu would still be in power. tplf would still be in power.
these men all enjoyed overwhelming military superiority, and in the end, where did that get them?
People power always wins in the end. If you do not have the hearts and minds, of the masses with you; your military superiority will only prolong your rule, for an allotted time; but then eventually, you will lose that power. To sum it up: it takes more than brute force to keep yourself in power.
You have to respect the wishes of the people concerned, if the majority want a state, there has to be some compromise- as in, negotiate the borders of said state, give and take process, and establish them. you cannot force people, at the barrel of weapons, to do your bidding, or remain marginalized forever.... that's the same way ethiopia lost eritrea and could lose other states, if it's not careful.
ethiopian tyrants and their blind followers seem to never learn these lessons, these recurring lessons, and tend to resort to brute force, instead of compromise and negotiations; and then when they lose power, they wonder, ''what happened?!''

SMH.

As far as the federalism goes, let's be frank here: tplf would not have ruled oromos or any part of ethiopia, without the hodam sellout-traitors they had in OPDO, and from among the amharas.
in other words, they would not have had power, without having traitors from among the two giants of ethiopia-oromo and amara.
it was opdo who facilitated the subjugation of oromos and their land, so to only blame the tplf, is simply wrong and unjust.

you can blame everything on tplf if you want, but we know what's going on, and what occurred.
tplf was the main beneficiary, yes indeed, but they were not alone and they could not have done it alone. it's simple impossible. tplf can never, ever, rule in the way they did before. they will never come to the center of power, or even addis again, as rulers that is. amhara won't let them, oromo won't let them, the entire country won't.

and suspicions can be raised simply due to whom he has advising him, i.e. andy tsige and berhanu nega, two people who want to do away with federalism, but won't say what the alternative would be, but we can safely assume that it'd be a haile selassie or mengistu type of governance, in which amhara elites could be the main rulers/beneficiaries again.
just because abiy hasn't outright dismantled federalism yet, doesn't mean that he doesn't have plans to, or won't, when he sees the time is right.
i'm sure, even he, is smart and shrewd enough to know that, if he were to get on ETV and say ''eshi ciao to federalism,'' that it'd caused chaos overnight.
so, in typical shrewd ethiopian tyrant fashion, it'd be a gradual thing, as opposed to overnight night; if it indeed is a goal of his, which many of us suspect.

Oh, you're one of our Habesha countrymen/countrywomen who thinks brute force can solve every problem and will suppress a nation's desire for freedom/self-rule?
Ha. If that was the case, mengistu would still be in power. tplf would still be in power.
these men all enjoyed overwhelming military superiority, and in the end, where did that get them?
People power always wins in the end. If you do not have the hearts and minds, of the masses with you; your military superiority will only prolong your rule, for an allotted time; but then eventually, you will lose that power. To sum it up: it takes more than brute force to keep yourself in power.
You have to respect the wishes of the people concerned, if the majority want a state, there has to be some compromise- as in, negotiate the borders of said state, give and take process, and establish them. you cannot force people, at the barrel of weapons, to do your bidding, or remain marginalized forever.... that's the same way ethiopia lost eritrea and could lose other states, if it's not careful.
ethiopian tyrants and their blind followers seem to never learn these lessons, these recurring lessons, and tend to resort to brute force, instead of compromise and negotiations; and then when they lose power, they wonder, ''what happened?!''

SMH.

As far as the federalism goes, let's be frank here: tplf would not have ruled oromos or any part of ethiopia, without the hodam sellout-traitors they had in OPDO, and from among the amharas.
in other words, they would not have had power, without having traitors from among the two giants of ethiopia-oromo and amara.
it was opdo who facilitated the subjugation of oromos and their land, so to only blame the tplf, is simply wrong and unjust.

you can blame everything on tplf if you want, but we know what's going on, and what occurred.
tplf was the main beneficiary, yes indeed, but they were not alone and they could not have done it alone. it's simple impossible. tplf can never, ever, rule in the way they did before. they will never come to the center of power, or even addis again, as rulers that is. amhara won't let them, oromo won't let them, the entire country won't.

and suspicions can be raised simply due to whom he has advising him, i.e. andy tsige and berhanu nega, two people who want to do away with federalism, but won't say what the alternative would be, but we can safely assume that it'd be a haile selassie or mengistu type of governance, in which amhara elites could be the main rulers/beneficiaries again.
just because abiy hasn't outright dismantled federalism yet, doesn't mean that he doesn't have plans to, or won't, when he sees the time is right.
i'm sure, even he, is smart and shrewd enough to know that, if he were to get on ETV and say ''eshi ciao to federalism,'' that it'd caused chaos overnight.
so, in typical shrewd ethiopian tyrant fashion, it'd be a gradual thing, as opposed to overnight night; if it indeed is a goal of his, which many of us suspect.

wtf are you talking about? where did I say that? I was responding because you said the sidamas forced abiy while we all know they can’t force him if he really wanted to prevent them. anyway I see you are talking to an imaginary habesha that is in your mind and not to me. how typical!

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
UNCONFIRMED: ETHIOPIA THREATENS SL TO NOT SEND ARMS TO TIGRAY?!
Geographically it makes zero sense to supply arms to Tigray with weapons through Somaliland unless Sudan, Eritrea and Djibouti's airspace is completely off-limits. I don't think Ethioipia has good air defenses either.

Russia airlifted heavy arms to Libya. I believe Egypt can do the same in Tigray.

Let's also not forget that there is the UAE base in Assab, Eritrea that Egypt can request to use.

tigray.PNG

GemState

36/21
VIP
No region or party in today's Ethiopia wants or requests to secede. It is all in your merqan world. :ftw9nwa: Believe me when it comes to foreign enemy, Ethiopians will very fast forget their differences in a speed of light and unite to face the foreign enemy. Don't our internal quarrel fool you.
If there was a referendum held in Galbeed today, the overwhelming majority (90%+) would vote to leave, don't delude yourself.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Tigray elections will be the biggest challenge and test of Abiy. It remains to be seen if Egypt will be able to capitalize on the intra-Ethiopian frictions. I am under impression that Egypt is not that focused on Ethiopia at the moment. It has already accepted its defeat on the issue of dam.

I believe the Egyptian base in Somaliland is for protecting the Gulf monarchies from the Turkish moves in their backyard.

If there was a referendum held in Galbeed today, the overwhelming majority (90%+) would vote to leave, don't delude yourself.
you are not reading properly. i’m not talking about people but states and parties. again there is currently no state or political party that has requested to secede.

Invader

@xabashi stop speaking for us.

Somalis have been wanting to secede from Ethiopia for more than a century.

Did your emperor not slaughter Muslims in the thousands.

Your people are the elite and we won't allow that anymore.

Invader

you are not reading properly. i’m not talking about people but states and parties. again there is currently no state or political party that has requested to secede.
Is it because they're controlled by the Ethiopian government.

Pick and choose.

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
I doubt tigray needs weapons from anybody I've seen once i was in Addis convoys with brand new weapons and humvees headed towards Tigray region, they made no secret about preparing for the day they loose power.

Also don't make sence weapons coming from SL when Tigray borders Sudan and Eritrea :umwhat:

wtf are you talking about? where did I say that? I was responding because you said the sidamas forced abiy while we all know they can’t force him if he really wanted to prevent them. anyway I see you are talking to an imaginary habesha that is in your mind and not to me. how typical!

Yes, they FORCED him, because they all stood for their rights in unison; and YOU said he has the state armed forces at his disposal, as if brute force can suppress a determined and fearless nation for long, we know from history, that it CANNOT.
YOU have to negotiate with the people and come to a win-win compromise, otherwise, that very army, will eventually lose and/or crumble in the face of a determined nation.

Yes, they FORCED him, because they all stood for their rights in unison; and YOU said he has the state armed forces at his disposal, as if brute force can suppress a determined and fearless nation for long, we know from history, that it CANNOT.
YOU have to negotiate with the people and come to a win-win compromise, otherwise, that very army, will eventually lose and/or crumble in the face of a determined nation.

You are high on ideology and idealism. You need to be realistic. The sidama protest could have been crashed fast and with little effort if Abiy wanted it. It could have posed no serious threat to the state for the coming decades. Be a bit realistic. I'm not saying the government can stay in power forever by force but it still can easily outlast the Sidama protest just like TPLF refused their request for 27 years. They played their card though rightly especially by holding many very peaceful protests and always assuring their align to the state of Ethiopia etc. They also went through all legal routes that made it very hard for Abiy to say no. Let alone Sidama, we all know how it is hard to force the regime even for powerful oromo leaders like Jawar. Come on. Sidama forcing the state? Please!

You are high on ideology and idealism. You need to be realistic. The sidama protest could have been crashed fast and with little effort if Abiy wanted it. It could have posed no serious threat to the state for the coming decades. Be a bit realistic. I'm not saying the government can stay in power forever by force but it still can easily outlast the Sidama protest just like TPLF refused their request for 27 years. They played their card though rightly especially by holding many very peaceful protests and always assuring their align to the state of Ethiopia etc. They also went through all legal routes that made it very hard for Abiy to say no. Let alone Sidama, we all know how it is hard to force the regime even for powerful oromo leaders like Jawar. Come on. Sidama forcing the state? Please!

Nope, just telling it how it is, and history attests to this.
Were the Sidama rallying and protesting back then, as they are now/recently?
Did tplf's use of force keep them in power forever?
At most, it can buy some years, then eventually, the people win. it's quite simple.
i know some of our habesha countrymen and women believe in using brute force to suppress people, because it's what their heroes like tewodros and yohannes did to them, but not all of us subscribe to such an ideology.
of course, there will either be federalism, or no ethiopia at all. there can be no return to the old ethiopia of amhara elites.
abiy had no choice, if he kept killing them, it would have led to more and more unrest, and who knows what else... abiy knows he cannot afford that, did he not say ''we cannot afford to even have a village against us, forget about an entire people,'' in reference to tigray.
whether he was sincere or not, it's true.

jawar's problem was that he was a threat to abiy in oromia, OFC/OLF can easily win elections in oromia, for sure, so abiy had to take the threat out.
sounds like great advice he got from his dictator friend, Obbo Isayas Afewerki of eritrea.

and yes, if all sidama stood up, what is he gonna do? kill millions? eventually, after killing some, and seeing them still in protest and struggles, he'd have to listen to them and give them their right.
tiny harar having a state and 6-7 million sidama NOT having one?! that's unjust!

Trending