Uncommon Haplogroup of '4th cousin' on 23andme

Asalaamu alaikum all! Ramadhan Mubarak.

I matched as a '4th cousin' with a guy on 23andme who is Harti Abgaal with a paternal haplogroup: B-M112

Not sure I've come across that at all.

He is maternally Murusade - Israfiil abakar. His maternal haplogroup group is: L0a1d

Very different to all the other israfiil/ or abakar murusade results I've seen.

He also says he has MJ grandmothers

Last edited:

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Damn, he has a haplogroup which is present in the hunter-gatherers of Africa, could it be a remnant of the hunter-gatherers that were in Somalia?

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP

I matched as a '4th cousin' with a guy on 23andme who is Harti Abgaal with a paternal haplogroup: B-M112

He is maternally Murusade - Israfiil abakar. His maternal haplogroup group is: L0a1d

Did his close paternal relatives also have the same haplogroup

mahamdov

Nabaddoonka Somaaliyeed "
Indigenous? B*tch, we're the Indigenous Somalis. @Garaad diinle, can you do some karbaashing?
Most northerners carry an Arab haplogroup and their ancestry is Arab And the rest of the Somalis arrived from Sudan as shepherds, perhaps only 3,000 years ago Those who lived here were hunters like those in Ethiopia
And it Better to speak respectfully

That's unlikely,Eyle and Abgaal don't live near eachother
They do actually Live a close distance from each other, so possible he’s an assimilated eylo.

Ps: The eylo of today is mostly Madowweyne anybody else noticed ?

Attachments

• AF27B51F-8485-4D17-BC92-34CC84D358B0.jpeg
    AF27B51F-8485-4D17-BC92-34CC84D358B0.jpeg
    891.8 KB · Views: 71

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP

He is a rare person and native.

Ps: The eylo of today is mostly Madowweyne anybody else noticed ?
According to Virginia Luling there are in fact two distinct eylo groups living together, One is the "hunters with dogs" who are thought to be the native hunter-gatherers. The other bigger group is a Bantu, who were clients/slaves of the hunters.

Every eylo I came across was Bantu.
I agree, I have Never met even on social media an eylo that wasn’t jrwyn.
According to Virginia Luling there are in fact two distinct eylo groups living together, One is the "hunters with dogs" who are thought to be the native hunter-gatherers. The other bigger group is a Bantu, who were clients/slaves of the hunters.
Have you met any original eylo or seen on social media? Am guessing they were bred out by the jrwyne. I can see the mix when I look at some of the Madow eylo.

I agree, I have Never met even on social media an eylo that wasn’t jrwyn.

Have you met any original eylo or seen on social media? Am guessing they were bred out by the jrwyne. I can see the mix when I look at some of the Madow eylo.
Every eylo I came across was Bantu.
I never met one personally who doesn’t’ look Bantu either, but they do say there are a minority of original eylo you still can find in buur heybe supposedly

Trending

Latest posts