OPINION UK ambassador subtly recognises Somaliland.

Why do Somalians cry when somebody acknowledges/hints SL for what it really is ie a separate country. I remember the former UK Defence Secretary visiting Hargeisa and he tweeted "our two countries". Small talk like this makes our neighbour go all gaga :lol:

I fear mass Somalian suicides when SL at long last gets recognition :pachah1:

Gacanka Cadmeed

انا عربي, سْنْمْ هَنولاتو‌‌‌‌, Free Azawad, 🇾🇪
Why do Somalians cry when somebody acknowledges/hints SL for what it really is ie a separate country. I remember the former UK Defence Secretary visiting Hargeisa and he tweeted "our two countries". Small talk like this makes our neighbour go all gaga :lol:

They always try to say region of Somalia whenever an Ajanabi mentions Somaliland. Why are they so insecure if they control us.

*Somali

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I support SL full independence I would leave the hellhole of Mogadishu too! 30 years of lawlessness.

The whole world knows they are two separate countries. Somalia doesnt even consider Somaliland a federal member state

Lets not delude ourselves Landers, if recognition would of came, it would of happened from 1999-2007. Only will come if Xamar signs off.

I don't agree with you unsurprisingly but if hypothetically you are correct do you think Somalia would or would not face international pressure to accept the will of the SL people

I don't agree with you unsurprisingly but if hypothetically you are correct do you think Somalia would or would not face international pressure to accept the will of the SL people
Depends on how bad Somalia is doing, if it descends to a civil war, then maybe. If it gets more stable, then they'll have to sign off on it.

Depends on how bad Somalia is doing, if it descends to a civil war, then maybe. If it gets more stable, then they'll have to sign off on it.

But as long as Somalia rejects SL separation yet doesn't control us then this impasse will just continue. Surely when Somalia is fully recovered hopefully this would be the moment a solution has to be found

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
The world wont accept unilateral secession so you will either have to carry some sort of incentive for world powers to recognize you or youd have to somehow finesse or find stronger powers to strong arm Somalias paper state to recognize you.

Remember even Kosovo is not recognized by half of the UN member states simply because they at first declared independence unilaterally. The second option would require alot more involvement into internal Somalia politics for the time being which the SL apparatus wont do because they believe they are a country.

No matter how you look at it though recognizing Taiwan was a huge blunder for short term pleasure China will veto your UN membership status everytime because they dont want another country recognizing Taiwan. SL should have been a beacon for balkanization in the region now their tactic is to simply wait in limbo.

reer

VIP
The world wont accept unilateral secession so you will either have to carry some sort of incentive for world powers to recognize you or youd have to somehow finesse or find stronger powers to strong arm Somalias paper state to recognize you.

Remember even Kosovo is not recognized by half of the UN member states simply because they at first declared independence unilaterally. The second option would require alot more involvement into internal Somalia politics for the time being which the SL apparatus wont do because they believe they are a country.

No matter how you look at it though recognizing Taiwan was a huge blunder for short term pleasure China will veto your UN membership status everytime because they dont want another country recognizing Taiwan. SL should have been a beacon for balkanization in the region now their tactic is to simply wait in limbo.
the world order refuses a strong independent muslim people and a strong somali state. kosovo is white secular not religious yet they cant get ictiraaf. somalis are anti colonial hard to keep in line and cannot be trusted to do others bidding. if sl declared gaalnimo and apostasized en masse and became subordinates to xabashis and cadaans they would have a bigger chance of ictiraaf.

Gacanka Cadmeed

انا عربي, سْنْمْ هَنولاتو‌‌‌‌, Free Azawad, 🇾🇪
the world order refuses a strong independent muslim people and a strong somali state. kosovo is white secular not religious yet they cant get ictiraaf. somalis are anti colonial hard to keep in line and cannot be trusted to do others bidding. if sl declared gaalnimo and apostasized en masse and became subordinates to xabashis and cadaans they would have a bigger chance of ictiraaf.
Yeah we're not doing that but we will take the recognition route in a different way. Even the AU acknowledges that our case is unique and won't open a pandora's box.

Trending

Latest posts