Uganda loses Airport to China

reer

VIP
You're essentially saying that the Nation must be developed before it develops; you have to start from somewhere and will not be able to independently exploit your natural resources in the beginning stages of economic development.

I'm sorry, but you've not said anything that essentially rebuts my point that Tertiary institutions could train thousands of high school educated people and make use of them in infrastructure projects and agricultural enterprising.

Middle and upper management will obviously have to be sourced from elsewhere for at least a decade before being succeeded by domestic knowledge, expertise and experience. You don't need to educate millions of people before you can start developing.

Remember, we have meagre resources, so they need to be laser focused on a small set of essential programs.
lmao. african baboons aint gonna do shiidh.

But where would you get the money for that?

I'll use South Sudan as an example.

Our war reduced budget is around $1.6 billion; I would spend hundreds of millions of that to build Tertiary institutions and trains thousands of engineers and technical personnel for future slated agricultural production initiatives and infrastructure projects...

.. I would then expend hundreds of millions to build a number of fertiliser plants to drastically increase food production to first secure domestic food security and then for export; hundreds of millions would then be used to build dedicated train freight lines in order to export agricultural produce that would add billions to the budget.

The profits would then be used to gradually build cement factories, steelworks plants, refineries, chemical plants and glass factories; hundreds of the brightest and most competent individuals would be provided training in business management in order to eventually succeed employed foreign Executives so that we may actually start running our own mining companies and industrial plants.

I would then create National banks to fund our own infrastructure projects using the aforementioned industrial resources; this could all be achieved without external debt, inflation or crisis.

Last edited:
gbbsqzjm36q31.jpg

I'll use South Sudan as an example.

Our war reduced budget is around $1.6 billion; I would spend hundreds of millions of that to build Tertiary institutions and trains thousands of engineers and technical personnel for future slated agricultural production initiatives and infrastructure projects...

.. I would then expend hundreds of millions to build a number of fertiliser plants to drastically increase food production to first secure domestic food security and then for export; hundreds of millions would then be used to build dedicated train freight lines in order to export agricultural produce that would add billions to the budget.

The profits would then be used to gradually build cement factories, steelworks plants, refineries, chemical plants and glass factories; hundreds of the brightest and most competent individuals would be provided training in business management in order to eventually succeed employed foreign Executives so that we may actually start running our own mining companies and industrial plants.

I would then create National banks to fund our own infrastructure projects using the aforementioned industrial resources; this could all be achieved without external debt, inflation or crisis.
I don't think it's straightforward. How would you ensure that all of these big plans actually become real without a stable government, economy, and institutions already in place? Corruption would inflate the budget for these projects wildly and if they failed it would be difficult to keep the people's support. I don't think many countries could risk the capital without outside investment

I don't think it's straightforward. How would you ensure that all of these big plans actually become real without a stable government, economy, and institutions already in place? Corruption would inflate the budget for these projects wildly and if they failed it would be difficult to keep the people's support. I don't think many countries could risk the capital without outside investment
Are you arguing for the sake of arguing? He explained that you should grow in your development naturally and constructively instead of taking predatory debts

you’re defending system that are built to extract wealth and retain all the assets of the debt collectors

Are you arguing for the sake of arguing? He explained that you should grow in your development naturally and constructively instead of taking predatory debts

you’re defending system that are built to extract wealth and retain all the assets of the debt collectors
I'm not "defending" anything, it's a discussion. As in I'd like to learn more

I agree that the task before us would be terribly daunting -- even if the Government was stable, actively combated corruption and was anchored and guided by proper, independent institutions.

It is considerably more difficult without the benefit of these things; and certain African 'Nations' are merely large, open air abattoirs with flags and anthems.

Our 'Governments' won't make the necessary changes because it benefits them to maintain this level of corruption, nepotism and incompetence.

I honestly believe that the people must create their own parallel Governments in all but name; they must create their own Ministries and Departments; their own Treasury; their own banks and enterprises; and their own schools and curriculums...

..And over a period of 15-30 years or so of gradual reforms and the infiltration of State institutions, you would have captured the people; and be primed to completely capture the State -- once an educated, united, confident and wealthy middle-class has been established.

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
I'm glad Somalia hasn't fallen into this obvious trap, but with how incompetent many Somali politicians are I can see it happening in the future

It's okay, mate.

I actually enjoy these kind of exchanges -- especially when they're conductive and cordial.

Thanks, bro.

Reborn
If you read the article it's just regarding renegotiating bad clauses in the deal and not debt deferment or issues paying it off.

Reading from different articles it seems to me that incase the debt can't be paid off the Ugandan government can't step in and pay it off themselves.Who in the world would sign this deal with that clause.

At least its an airport which will generate revenue to service the debt.They better hope they can 💀

China is playing 3D Chess.

West is playing checkers.
China isn’t as fiscally responsible as you’d assume their biggest private companies are consistently defaulting on loans from foreign banks and taking loans to keep their creditors at bay

Their chickens are come home to roost very soon

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Can u imagine a nightmare of the future? Chinese soldiers matching in African countries, in a colonized mobilization? African livers and kidneys harvested, eaten. I mean, seriously. I am so glad i wont be alive.

African men collecting Ls like no tomorrow..now Chinese are their new master wallahi they should be ashamed 😏 they can't bloody develop one damn country uff 🤮

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
You've recently been very imaginative; are you taking creative writing classes?

:mjlol:

I've been writing short stories since I was 13 and was a standout in English writing and Lit in highschool. Still plan to become a writer someday but not as a career. When I'm old, secure, have a passive income like my old man and the kids are college grads I'll dedicate much of my time to writing novels. Maybe I'll even pen name as Shimbiris so you saxiibs and saxiibas on here can find me if you're all still alive.

Trending