UFC fighter Islam Makhachev sends greetings to the Somali community while training our future champion & ๐Ÿ Muhidin Abubakr ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด

There's a reason Somalis married and assimilated Oromo slaves but kept bantu slaves as a distinct caste of people.

These ethnic groups you listed are not the majority of RW. They are a ethnic Somali clan family. The thing that distinguished them from a clan family like Dir or Darood is that they are open to assimilating non ethnics. But they are still a Somali clan family.
SXB donโ€™t take I.M Lewis as your bible. Theee are a lot of clans in the Koonfur that assimilated their jweyne and Oromo slaves in the Waamo werenโ€™t freed until the 1930โ€™s.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ | ๐’–๐’†๐’„A๐’—๐’ƒ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
VIP
Why do ya'll make a big issue about basic things in somalia.
He's a Somali, he's not an ethnic, he's a benadiri who's mixed Somalis. It's not an insult to call him what he is. He wouldn't be insulted himself. He's a Somali UFC fighter.

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
Why do ya'll make a big issue about basic things in somalia.
He's a Somali, he's not an ethnic, he's a benadiri who's mixed Somalis. It's not an insult to call him what he is. He wouldn't be insulted himself. He's a Somali UFC fighter.
Exactly he is a proud wadani and somali just not an ethnic one.

Wow lots of qashin on this thread ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€
Fr bro was just tryna make an inspirational video for the yutes

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Khaemwaset

VIP
Heโ€™s an ethnic Somali because he speaks Somali as his first language and heโ€™s from a Somali clan.
I speak Gaelic and I descend from the Khaemwaset clan therefore I am Scottish.

He's a Somali national , has Somali admixture. But he's not of the 5 clan families. He's of a mixed group in the coastal south known as benadiri. What's the issue with that?

Internet Nomad

VIP
Heโ€™s an ethnic Somali because he speaks Somali as his first language and heโ€™s from a Somali clan.
There is a difference between nationality and ethnicity.

I donโ€™t doubt his nationality i just donโ€™t think he is ethnically Somali at least not a pure one.

Nope. Theyโ€™re mainly a mixture of Bantus, Indians, Somalis & Iranians.

Whereas, the Bantus are straight up Black Africans.
So are most Arabized Somalis. Darood was a Jabarti Arab who married an indigenous native (who was also Arab, descended from Hiil who was quraish). What makes that so different?

So are most Arabized Somalis. Darood was a Jabarti Arab who married an indigenous native (who was also Arab, descended from Hiil who was quraish). What makes that so different?
Ethnic Somalis are either Arabised mainly through culture & some have significant or minor Arabian ancestry.

Weโ€™re not the same as those other groups. One is a cocktail mix & the other are straight up Blacks.

Khaemwaset

VIP
Hiil isn't an Arab. Darood claims to be of Arab lineage but that's another innovation done post Islam. Same way they claim Aw-Barkhadle to be from arabia when he's actually from Zaylac.

Internet Nomad

VIP
but you are basing ethnicity on phenotype and he has a Somali phenotype therefore he is Somali.
Im sorry but he doesnโ€™t represent the average somali phenotype.

This is
1698534899990.jpeg
1698534913627.jpeg

I speak Gaelic and I descend from the Khaemwaset clan therefore I am Scottish.

He's a Somali national , has Somali admixture. But he's not of the 5 clan families. He's of a mixed group in the coastal south known as benadiri. What's the issue with that?
Garre and Hawadle and many other clans arenโ€™t from the five clan families but are still Somali. So what makes Benadiri so different?

Trending

Latest posts