Twitterguy exposes hypocrisy of Somalis: Church debate

Twitter guy or you
giphy.gif
Restoring it as a Cathedral/Church would be pointless, since there are no Somali Christians back home.

Should be rebuilt as a Masjid.
yeah or something else. Christians are free to built their own places of worship if they like, but rebuild an aging colonial church?

Apollo

VIP
Restoring it as a Cathedral/Church would be pointless, since there are no Somali Christians back home.

Should be rebuilt as a Masjid.

It would have been a good tourist attraction. It's a big loss nevertheless. Italian architecture all the way in East Africa would be something unique to preserve regardless of its religious connotations.

Do u believe a church should be built in Somalia after the war?
It's not by the concensus of "the west" that we are pumped into their nations on mass. It was the cosmopolitan Liberal elite and a Jewish led agenda that trafficked us half way across the world.

If there was a hypothetical vote by whites on whether their countries would be swarmed by immigrants who don't share their views, are mostly on welfare, and had they known of the demographic shift that is occurring today I highly doubt it would get past 25% for it.

The same thing vice versa. The average somali doesn't want gaalos to come and build churches on their lands. To change their way of life. Nor would any of them praise mass migration into somali by non Muslims, forget non somalis. Yet again it was the so called elite that allowed colonialism to occur and helped the construction of the church for example.

Sure the tweet shows the hypocrisy of leftists and civic nationalists across the political spectrum, but it's from a guy who agrees with a BAN on the Athan for non existent noise complaints and blindly worships Siad Barre and the FGS.

It would have been a good tourist attraction. It's a big loss nevertheless. Italian architecture all the way in East Africa would be something unique to preserve regardless of its religious connotations.
I'm all for preserving its Italian architecture, but it should be open to becoming a Mosque.

You want a Cathedral to be rebuilt in a country with no Christians for the purpose of attracting Christians for money? You'll need a large annual tourist population coming solely for the cathedral to get any significant revenue and that will require it to be a functioning huge church.

Seems stupid when you think about it. It's prime real estate in the centre of the capital city of your nation, but you want to make it a large internationally famous church. In the middle of a country that's 99.99% Muslim..........

Apollo

VIP
I don't mind religious freedom back home, but im not fond of colonial monuments like this one:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

They should be destroyed.

It was an old Roman symbol before it became appropriated by the Nazis. Even the infamous Heil salute was also Roman and appropriated by ze Nazis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasces

Lol, also check out this scene (time stamped - it explains the Fasces):

It was an old Roman symbol before it became appropriated by the Nazis. Even the infamous Heil salute was also Roman and appropriated by ze Nazis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasces

Lol, also check out this scene (time stamped - it explains the Fasces):

I'm well aware of the Roman origins of the Heil salute & the Fascist symbol, but like the Swastika(Aryan/Indo-European symbol), it will forever be demonised due to it association with Nazis.

Its about time we get rid off colonial symbols/monuments back home.

Apollo

VIP
I'm well aware of the Roman origins of the Heil salute, but like the Swastika(Aryan/Indo-European symbol), it will forever be demonised due to it association with Nazis.

The symbolism behind the Fasces is pretty powerful though, and might be even pre-Roman.

Somalis could use some collectivism. :chrisfreshhah: Currently they are too divided, like that single twig that's easy to break.

The symbolism behind the Fasces is pretty powerful though, and might be even pre-Roman.

Somalis could use some collectivism. :chrisfreshhah: Currently they are too divided, like that single twig that's easy to break.
Fair enough, but we should restrain ourselves from going full on Hitler-mode on the Somali Bantus & Benediris etc.
:whoa:

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist

Do u believe a church should be built in Somalia after the war?

That church was built after we were forcefully colonized by the Italians. I'm not against churches being built in Somalia per se, but I see no point in rebuilding the Mogadishu Cathedral. Instead, a museum should be built in its place to commemorate the victims of the Somali civil war or something along the lines of that.

The Church should be rebuilt and named after Michael Mariano AUN.

I'm sure some catholic organizations would be interested in funding it.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts