Turkey vs Syrian Kurds

Who do you support?

• Total voters

Apollo

VIP
Lol. That’s your reason for your pro-Turk vote?

I thought the overwhelming Turkish support had more to do how Somalis are obsessed with them for “their work” in Somalia, as if it were free.

I think Somalilanders will always feel disconnected from Somalia/ Mogadishu, even if recognition never occurs.

Nope, I support Turkey because I think it is one of the few decent countries in the Middle East. Kurds already got a country, it's called Iran. :lol:

Also, I don't like countries becoming smaller. I prefer stuff like the EU or the EAF/EAC becoming a success over new small countries.

Apollo

VIP
Two different things sxb.

Kurds are a totally different ethnic group that deserve their own independent state. Whereas, "Somaliland" is simply a primitive tribal land.

What about Iran.. the country for Iranic peoples. There are many more Iranic groups who don't have their country (Balochis, Pathans, Lurs etc). Making countries smaller is a never ending process. There will always be a group claiming to be landless.

Turks themselves are a cosmopolitan group made of many ethnicities who became Turkified. Those Kurds in Turkey can just become Turks. Many of them already live in Western Turkey among Turks. I don't see any good reason for Turkey to give up the Southeast for it to become a backward area. It is like giving California to Mexicans vs Americans.

What about Iran.. the country for Iranic peoples. There are many more Iranic groups who don't have their country (Balochis, Pathans, Lurs etc). Making countries smaller is a never ending process. There will always be a group claiming to be landless.

Turks themselves are a cosmopolitan group made of many ethnicities who became Turkified. Those Kurds in Turkey can just become Turks. Many of them already live in Western Turkey among Turks. I don't see any good reason for Turkey to give up the Southeast for it to become a backward area. It is like giving California to Mexicans vs Americans.
I agree with you on the Kurdish region of Turkey; Turkey is a nation that is made up by a multitude of ethnic heritages that have all been Turkified over the centuries & in the process became Ethnic Turks, it will be no different for the Kurds in Turkey. Same can be said for Iran as well, since Iranian Kurds have very good relations with other fellow Iranians.

As for Syrian & Iraqi Kurdistan, i believe the Kurds are better off building their own independent state, since they've got nothing in common with the Arabs to the South & there has always been bad blood between Kurds and Arabs in Syria & Iraq.

Thing about Iran is that even though Kurds are Iranic, the Lurs, Balouchis and others want to leave as well.

Trending

Latest posts