Tunisia bans Niqab

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP

From France to now Arab countries:farmajoyaab:

They're just following Abo France. As for any argument of the need for the ban, due to terrorism, and strengthening security, do tell me, what attack was ever carried out by a woman wearing a niqab.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Honestly i see no problem with this ban. Remember it said "public" institutions. Men have abused the sanctity of Niqaab with their terrorism stunts. In todays world Hijaab is more practical. U can wear Niqaab but not to public institutions. Its a reasonable request. If we muslims valued life more than 70 virgins in paradise, we wont be going doing self suicide in the name our religion

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Honestly i see no problem with this ban. Remember it said "public" institutions. Men have abused the sanctity of Niqaab with their terrorism stunts. In todays world Hijaab is more practical. U can wear Niqaab but not to public institutions. Its a reasonable request. If we muslims valued life more than 70 virgins in paradise, we wont be going doing self suicide in the name our religion

But abaayo, do men even wear the niqab when they perform terrorist acts? They always cover their faces with keffiyehs and ski masks, both of which would make more sense to ban in public institutions than niqabs. Tunisia and Algeria (Algeria has also banned the face veil, but only for females who work in the public sector) are very clearly trying to copycat secular France. And much like France, they will likely eventually end up arguing over whether the hijab threatens their precious secularism and whether it should be legal for women to cover themselves as they swim.

I'd like to also add that it's so incredibly ironic that the nation constantly praised for being the most Westernized and secular in the MENA has also historically exported the largest number of ISIS fighters. Fascinating. So apparently their crusade against Islam has not been working out too well for them.

Last edited:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
But abaayo, do men even wear the niqab when they perform terrorist acts? They always cover their faces with keffiyehs and ski masks, both of which would make more sense to ban in public institutions than niqabs. Tunisia and Algeria (Algeria has also banned the face veil, but only for females who work in the public sector) are very clearly trying to copycat secular France. And much like France, they will likely eventually end up arguing over whether the hijab threatens "secularism" and whether it should be legal for women to cover themselves as they swim.

I'd like to also add that it's so incredibly ironic that the nation constantly praised for being the most Westernized and secular in the MENA has also historically exported the largest number of ISIS fighters. Fascinating. So apparently their crusade against Islam has not been working out too well for them.

Lola

There is extensive study on suicide bombers wearing Niqaabs. Not to mention nearly ALL women self suiciders wore Niqaabs.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Lola

There is extensive study on suicide bombers wearing Niqaabs. Not to mention nearly ALL women self suiciders wore Niqaabs.

Ukti, this is not a niqab.

ISIS-fighters-Mosul.jpg

And I'd also be happy to see the study you've mentioned and the proof you have that all women wear the niqab when they commit suicide bombings. Because that's simply not true.

upload_2019-7-5_11-6-5.png

Source: https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/09/isis-female-suicide-bomber/539172/

Last edited:
Islam does not need to “conform” to the latest upholding a of society as Allah says in the Quran that He has already perfected the religion. Secondly, Islam was the first religion to give women their rights and if you look at the deen you will understand the position of women in Islam and thirdly, terrorism?! don’t get me started b

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Islam does not need to “conform” to the latest upholding a of society as Allah says in the Quran that He has already perfected the religion. Secondly, Islam was the first religion to give women their rights and if you look at the deen you will understand the position of women in Islam and thirdly, terrorism?! don’t get me started b

Show me a spot in Hadith or Quran where Niqaab is mandated.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Surah Azhab was a Surah explicitly sent to the Women of Prophet Muhammad pbuh. The mother of believers ra are instructed to put a hijaab on themselves, and to speak non soft so they wont tempt those with bad hearts. (lustful men)

Hadith also states the mother of believers were given an option to opt out of marriage with the prophet pbuh, in return they will receive hefty compensation of world goods. (a sort of like a contract, fair and square, given a chance to know what they were getting into, this alone i find amazing and how JUST Allaah swt is ) They all agreed to remain married of course. So in return they are asked to behave in the utmost manners as if they commit sins they will be punished doubly due to their status.

So the moral of this story is not to look like a Ninja, but to wear a modest Hijaab, a covering, and also speak with strength and not look soft. The emphasis is not complete incognito ninja mode but covering and be on guard in attire or speech, so that u dont attract male attention

Last edited:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Tunisia is a weird place, I remember once a Tunisian teacher of mine told me that Salaat/Prayer was banned in public at one point in Tunisia.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Lola

Let us agree to disagree huuno.

Madam, I don't mind having thoughtful discussions about heavy issues. However, it is a tad bit irritating seeing claims being made out of thin air and falsely being presented as fact. Niqabs do not pose an imminent threat to public safety; they are no more dangerous than a hijab or a purse. Humans are very clever and creative. If they want to hurt individuals, then they will find a way. They'll hide it in their hair, they'll hide it in their mouths, they'll even hide it in their genitalia. Banning niqabs will only hurt pious women fulfilling what it is Sunnah.

Last edited:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Madam, I don't mind having thoughtful discussions about heavy issues. However, it is a tad bit irritating seeing claims being made out of thin air and falsely being presented as fact. Niqabs do not pose an imminent threat to public safety; they are not more dangerous than a hijab or a purse. Humans are very clever and creative. If they want to hurt individuals, then they will find a way. They'll hide it in their hair, they'll hide it in their mouths, they'll even hide it in their genitalia. Banning niqabs will only hurt pious women fulfilling what it is Sunnah.

Excuse me abaay, i prefer "Eeedo" or your Ladyship to the address "Madam". Thank you :)

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Madam, I don't mind having thoughtful discussions about heavy issues. However, it is a tad bit irritating seeing claims being made out of thin air and falsely being presented as fact. Niqabs do not pose an imminent threat to public safety; they are no more dangerous than a hijab or a purse. Humans are very clever and creative. If they want to hurt individuals, then they will find a way. They'll hide it in their hair, they'll hide it in their mouths, they'll even hide it in their genitalia. Banning niqabs will only hurt pious women fulfilling what it is Sunnah.

Lola

Go research on women self suicides, there arent many, in Wikipedia. This is modern day concern, Security. Its like here in the west, Airport, check up, shoe check up, u cant bring liquid to the plane. U have to remove your shoes and socks. etc etc etc

Are ninja Niqaabas special? Islam says to respect the law of the land right? This is a law of the land made by Muslims.

The Quran does not state it but it comes from the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) wives. That is where the niqab began

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Lola

Go research on women self suicides, there arent many, in Wikipedia. This is modern day concern, Security. Its like here in the west, Airport, check up, shoe check up, u cant bring liquid to the plane. U have to remove your shoes and socks. etc etc etc

Are ninja Niqaabas special? Islam says to respect the law of the land right? This is a law of the land made by Muslims.

This is the only Wikipedia article that centers around female suicide bombers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_suicide_bomber

Absolutely nowhere does it mention the prevalence of niqabs in carrying out attacks.

This argument centers around niqabs in public institutions (schools, hospitals, city halls, etc.), not just airports. And even in airports, a niqabi can simply request a female security officer to confirm her identity.

"[N]inja [niqabis]" - really? The total lack of respect there, yikes. How would you feel if somebody called you a towelhead for wearing a hijab? Wallahi, there's nothing more cringey than seeing someone internalize prejudice for their own people. Good luck on that, abaayo.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
This is the only Wikipedia article that centers around female suicide bombers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_suicide_bomber

Absolutely nowhere does it mention the prevalence of niqabs in carrying out attacks.

This argument centers around niqabs in public institutions (schools, hospitals, city halls, etc.), not just airports. And even in airports, a niqabi can simply request a female security officer to confirm her identity.

"[N]inja [niqabis]" - really? The total lack of respect there, yikes. How would you feel if somebody called you a towelhead for wearing a hijab? Wallahi, there's nothing more cringey than seeing someone internalize prejudice for their own people. Good luck on that, abaayo.

So what is Wrong with wearing Hijaabs in public institutions and going back to Ninjaa any where else?

Trending

Latest posts