Trying to be understanding: what do you as a Somali women or man wish the other gender understood about you?

Like how could we better understand your perspective and what you go through? Like something you are afraid to say. But you are more than welcome to say it here.

I’m not judging!

Xaalimos need to understand we are very simple

Feed us
Sleep with us
Be loyal

Thats it

If we decide to take a second wife don't rip your hairs out just patiently bare with it, soon you will be best friends with your co wife.

:gaasdrink:

Last edited:
Xaalimos need to understand we are very simple

Feed us
Sleep with us
Be loyal

Thats it

If we decide to take a second wife don't rip your hairs out just patiently bare with it soon you will be best friends with your co wife.

:gaasdrink:
Sounds reasonable. Especially if the man is good too. I don’t want my fellow sisters to be slaves.

Mine are pretty easy. Be a normal housewife, cook for the husband, and for the cleaning part we can hire a maid if she likes. We can hire someone to cook but i don't want that, I want my wife's cooking :rejoice:

We’re not all clingy and needy. Some of us want our space and independence. I still need my autonomy. Basically the Somali, halal version of Dennis Rodman; I’ll give hubby whatever he wants but if I decide to go on an impromptu solo trip to Aruba he needs to leave me alone and respect that.

We’re not all clingy and needy. Some of us want our space and independence. I still need my autonomy. Basically the Somali, halal version of Dennis Rodman; I’ll give hubby whatever he wants but if I decide to go on an impromptu solo trip to Aruba he needs to leave me alone and respect that.

Under islam you have to listen to what the husband says. You can only go with the husband's blessings and he doesn't always have to accept either. You're your own person, but your husband is the leader in the house. That isn't hard to understand. You first must admit the leadership of the husband and then next you can do your thing. Girls have a hard time accepting the leadership thing

Very understandable and fair. I feel you sometimes you want space to miss the person.

Under islam you have to listen to what the husband says. You can only go with the husband's blessings and he doesn't always have to accept either. You're your own person, but your husband is the leader in the house. That isn't hard to understand. You first must admit the leadership of the husband and then next you can do your thing. Girls have a hard time accepting the leadership thing
That’s true, if he’s a wise & fair leader that’s fine. I think the possibility of him having oppressive nature is something we fear. Because God supersedes us both.

That’s true, if he’s a wise & fair leader that’s fine. I think the possibility of him having oppressive nature is something we fear. Because God supersedes us both.

Yes, he shouldn't abuse his position that goes against islam. And a woman has a right to divorce him if he abuses her. In the beginning find a good husband with a character, if he is oppressive then the marriage is doomed whether you do your own thing and go on trips whenever you want.

Married person going on solo trip is only for one reason....to cheat in peace

Trending

Latest posts