Tree planting in somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
I searched google and found a website that has a whole list of trees that grow in Somali regions, including the Somali words for some, and even climate zones for where they’d grow best.

Don’t introduce anything that doesn’t grow there naturally bc you might unknowingly disrupt the ecosystem

I searched google and found a website that has a whole list of trees that grow in Somali regions, including the Somali words for some, and even climate zones for where they’d grow best.

Don’t introduce anything that doesn’t grow there naturally bc you might unknowingly disrupt the ecosystem
I agree other than on your personal property it's against the law to grow foreign trees in some countries.

I really want to start big tree planting campaign in puntland, trees are a good cheap way to help drought affected regions since it the region will get more water.

The governments should do this -

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Can someone help me compile a list of tree seeds for species that can grow in northern and southern somalia. As i stated before i will begin planning my own tree planting campaign whenever i next visit the homeland. @Bohol why is there no environment catagory for threads?

Yaq

I love how idealistic and innocent u r. You have plenty of time in your hands. I cant wait for u to marry and have kids, and maybe Mashalaah be busy for a change. I want u to worry about your baby crying in the nite or the stink of his xaar more than u thinking about lofty ideas now.

Yaq

I love how idealistic and innocent u r. You have plenty of time in your hands. I cant wait for u to marry and have kids, and maybe Mashalaah be busy for a change. I want u to worry about your baby crying in the nite or the stink of his xaar more than u thinking about lofty ideas now.
Don't be jealous habar. Who will run the world if the youth can't take over?

Do not plant non native species! i repeat do not plant non native plants!! after hearing about how british houses were destroyed by the japanese plant knot weed. I have changed my way of thinking with regards to planting foreign flora and fauna. We must be very careful or we could end up suffering sever consequences in the future.

Japeanes knot wood is an invasive plant in england, that can grow through houses and concrete due to it thriving more in british soil compared to in it's native homeland it can grow extremely difficult to control.

images
damage5.jpg
Japanese-knotweed-wall.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.