Traditions and values

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
What are traditions and values does your family hold?

Don't include Islamic . I want to know more about our culture.

Last edited:

MadMullah99

Boqor of Boqors. The man your wife fantasises of.
My family is conservative. We don’t believe in liberalism such as homosexuality is not a choice or there are more than 2 genders
That is 99% of Somalis walaal. That is not “unique” or “interesting” but a way of life for us :ftw9nwa:

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
My family slaughters a sheep or goat when there is a new addition in the family. Recently my little son was bathed in the blood of an orgi (male goat)

We call our maternal grandparents mom and dad.
Ex: our mom's dad we call him abo and our mom's mom we call her hooyo. thats how we roll in our family.
We used to make fun of my friend as he used to call his uncles wife Hooyo. Weird as Fock, but all of his siblings called that woman Hooyo and she ain’t even related to them

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
my family loves gabay, somali proverbs, konfuur hees iyo ciyaar, farming, weaving, comedy, konfuur cooking and spending quality time with each other :it0tdo8:

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
Sounds almost Satanic.:urgh:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you, my brother. I know it may seem satanic and cruel but it is essential in raising nin rag ah
Btw, dhiiga xoolaha is xalaal dheef badan leh. We use to drink glass mughii aroorti when we were children. Wallahi good time :banderas:

?????

Professional Attention Provider
My grandma has boxes full of old Hindi movies she use to pop on whenever we had a family gathering. Now I watch old black and white movies alone.

Thank you, my brother. I know it may seem satanic and cruel but it is essential in raising nin rag ah
Btw, dhiiga xoolaha is xalaal dheef badan leh. We use to drink glass mughii aroorti when we were children. Wallahi good time :banderas:
حُرِّمَت عَلَيكُمُ المَيتَةُ وَالدَّمُ وَلَحمُ الخِنزيرِ وَما أُهِلَّ لِغَيرِ اللَّهِ بِهِ وَالمُنخَنِقَةُ وَالمَوقوذَةُ وَالمُتَرَدِّيَةُ وَالنَّطيحَةُ وَما أَكَلَ السَّبُعُ إِلّا ما ذَكَّيتُم وَما ذُبِحَ عَلَى النُّصُبِ وَأَن تَستَقسِموا بِالأَزلامِ ۚ

You are prohibited carrion, blood, the flesh of swine, and what has been offered to other than Allah, and the animal strangled or beaten to death, and that which dies by falling or is gored to death, and that which is mangled by a beast of prey —barring that which you may purify1— and what is sacrificed on stone altars [to idols], and that you should divide by raffling with arrows. All that is transgression.

:faysalwtf:
Isn't blood haram to drink

Trending