Traditional Sudanese

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement
WTF is going on at 7:51? Practicing who can be the best adoon for baba across the red sea? @Nilotic kalay kalay soo aag what the niggas you smoked are up to in 2023 ๐Ÿคฃ

WTF is going on at 7:51? Practicing who can be the best adoon for baba across the red sea? @Nilotic kalay kalay soo aag what the niggas you smoked are up to in 2023 ๐Ÿคฃ

:deadpeter:

I don't know what that practice is, so a North Sudani may have to step in and explain the origins and significance of that.

PS: I have zero connections with those people, saaxib; we are two different races, however, the music is fire

:ohhhdamn::lawd:

Yk what they say about servants & music ah? :ftw9nwa:
An Ethiopian referring to another group as servants :mjlol:
ethiopian-maid-applicants.jpg

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
I need to get me one of those swords.

Shimbiris

ุจู‰ูŽุฑ ุบู‰ูŽู„ ุฅูŠุค ุนุขู†ุค ู„ุค
VIP
I need to get me one of those swords.

It's called a Kaskara:

gZiPXG1.jpg

Popular among Sudanese folks and Sahelians since the 19th century, if I recall correctly. Somalis didn't really use it but I've seen swords similar to it depicted, although without the characteristic unique scabbards:

FrpRf-xWcAQHtcB.jpg

Hersi Boqor was the son and heir apparent of Boqor Osman of the Sultanate of Migiurtinia, also known as the Majeerteen Sultanate. He is remembered for leading a large scale rebellion against Italian colonial expansion into the sultanate between 1925 and 1927.

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
As a collection piece or something?

A Katana for me, so I can cosplay as a black Samurai

:trumpsmirk:
Yasuke cosplay would look badass.

Internet Nomad

VIP
It's called a Kaskara:

gZiPXG1.jpg

Popular among Sudanese folks and Sahelians since the 19th century, if I recall correctly. Somalis didn't really use it but I've seen swords similar to it depicted, although without the characteristic unique scabbards:

View attachment 301313
It a gorgeous blade I donโ€™t understand why we export them historically. Or maybe we did. There isnโ€™t enough archeological work done yet.

Somali_patriotic

Everything unuka leh
It's called a Kaskara:

gZiPXG1.jpg

View attachment 301313
Damn sudanis got alot of sword designs, somalis been using the same design but with different lengths for centuries
damn.png

Trending