Toxic Somali Women

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Ive noticed elderly Somali habaryars they're toxic especially when they can't stop talking about other peoples kids for an instance they will talk about a girl whose in university "waa guurdiid oo wa taas oo guursan wayday"

And if the girl gets married at an early age
"waa taas oo yaran ba lagu guursaday waa taas silcaysa dee iyado 20 jir ah aya 50 jir la mooda oo 5 caruur dhashay waa taa silcaysa"

Lol, they always have something to say. Its an sign of a unfulfilled life. It's why having passions and hobbies are important. There is nothing wrong with being a houswife mind you, but not having interests outside of your kids and husband for 20 years + contributes to this. Now that their kids are older, they gossip about each others kids, husbands and spend their days beefing each other.

That is why having an identity outside of motherhood is imperative. Older Somali Men are not limited to their role as fathers, and tend to have a more well rounded personality as they are able to pursue things outside of their responsibilities. That is why despite some toxic odeys, they tend to be a lot more chill compared to the women. They have a life outside of their family.

Those are my two cents.

Last edited:
Ive noticed elderly Somali habaryars they're toxic especially when they can't stop talking about other peoples kids for an instance they will talk about a girl whose in university "waa guurdiid oo wa taas oo guursan wayday"

And if the girl gets married at an early age
"waa taas oo yaran ba lagu guursaday waa taas silcaysa dee iyado 20 jir ah aya 50 jir la mooda oo 5 caruur dhashay waa taa silcaysa"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Lol, they always have something to say. Its an sign of a unfulfilled life. It's why having passions and hobbies are important. There is nothing wrong with being a houswife mind you, but not having interests outside of your kids and husband for 20 years + contributes to this. Now that their kids are older, they gossip about each others kids, husbands and spend their days beefing each other.

That is why having an identity outside of motherhood is imperative. Older Somali Men are not limited to their role as fathers, and tend to have a more well rounded personality as they are able to pursue things outside of their responsibilities. That is why despite some toxic odeys, they tend to be a lot more chill compared to the women. They have a life outside of their family.

Those are my two cents.
its rare too see a somali oday bash someone elses kids but a habaryar that's not a rare sight

Those are my two cents.
Meh, I think the chill factor is a result of not having as much responsibility in the home compared to their wives. It’s easy to be laid back when you’ve abandoned your role as a dad and father (not all Somali men, but the vast majority).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I agree. And they can’t give you useful advice in life so I ignore them. Most have no wisdom to impart on the younger generation of girls/women. It’s all about a man and kids and nothing else. What an empty life.

its rare too see a somali oday bash someone elses kids but a habaryar that's not a rare sight

Growing up the odeys in my family and the ones I came across hardly gossiped or talk about people. I'm talking about the 50+ generation. That is why seeing younger Somali guys fobs or Western trying to police or micromange random women is strange to me, i've always seen it as a toxic feminine trait.

I'm not saying the older gen of men aren't judgemental, but even the ones who voice their views from what I seen are still pretty respectful with their words and talk with akhlaq. I've always associated policing women with middle aged habayars instead.

Growing up the odeys in my family and that I came across hardly gossip or talk about people. I'm talking about the 50+ generation. That is why seeing younger Somali guys fobs or Western trying to police or micromange random women is strange to me, i've always seen it as a toxic feminine trait.

I'm not saying the older gen of men aren't judgemental, but even the ones who voice their views from what I seen are still pretty respectful with their words and talk with akhlaq. I've always associated policing women with middle aged habayars instead.
Ok yeah that definitely makes sense! It’s no wonder I have a visceral reaction to them because it’s novel yet disturbing/pathetic. It’s gross seeing guys behave like that. Tbh a lot of the younger generation of our men are like this, even the western born ones but the fobs are worse.

Ok yeah that definitely makes sense! It’s no wonder I have a visceral reaction to them because it’s novel yet disturbing/pathetic. It’s gross seeing guys behave like that. Tbh a lot of the younger generation of our men are like this, even the western born ones but the fobs are worse.
wdym by micromanaging tho? Can you give me examples

Mozart

You need people like me
No if you scroll up, Angelina said that and you highlighted it. I’m just confused on what “micromanaging and policing” Somali women means
Commenting on what they wear online etc basically what the weirdos on twitter do to women

No if you scroll up, Angelina said that and you highlighted it. I’m just confused on what “micromanaging and policing” Somali women means

Attacking everything a Somali girl does they don't agree with. Its pathetic as there are millions of us, so there are bound to be Somali girls that go off the rails, similar to the way there are bound to be Somali guys that are messing up as well.

Trending

Latest posts