Town Design

I came across this and thought it would make for a great thread. Imagine if we designed our towns and cities like this.

plessis_19.jpg

d-i5.jpg

8-i5.jpg

0-i5.jpg

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
1682406856832.jpeg

The pre-civil war had identity it was different from the rest of the world. The mixes of native Somali, Arab, Persian, Indian, Italian/British/French and Swahili architectural styles. Formed a unique building style which echoed somali history through the walls.

The second video looks impressing to the uneducated and uncultured fob. Its a shallow metropolis which could be placed in any part of the world and fit in. It resembles no culture or people. Its only goal is to be an tool of financial means. The vestige of any heritage is scarce.
I spoke on this topic in the past but i want to say this. The way the city is designed has a massive effect on mental health. I should know i live in the uk. The whole country is just different shades of grey.

I spoke on this topic in the past but i want to say this. The way the city is designed has a massive effect on mental health. I should know i live in the uk. The whole country is just different shades of grey.

People overlook the impact that an environment has on the mental health of its inhabitants; and modern designs are ugly and depression inducing

Last edited:

mahamdov

Nabaddoonka Somaaliyeed "
I will die and my children and grandchildren will die before the day I see a Somali city that looks like this

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
I will die and my children and grandchildren will die before the day I see a Somali city that looks like this
I never understand pessimists, does being completely sad and sharing it make you happy? Keep your misery to yourself. The rest of us have hope.

mahamdov

I never understand pessimists, does being completely sad and sharing it make you happy? Keep your misery to yourself. The rest of us have hope.
I am not pessimistic and I wish the best for Somalis But you know that it took the Europeans seven centuries to get out of the tribal state into the nation state, how long will it take to Africans ? And with population inflation and lack of water,Wars and backwardness . Sorry I don't think that the future will be as you imagine

Internet Nomad

VIP
I am not pessimistic and I wish the best for Somalis But you know that it took the Europeans seven centuries to get out of the tribal state into the nation state, how long will it take to Africans ? And with population inflation and lack of water,Wars and backwardness . Sorry I don't think that the future will be as you imagine
It only needs 10% of a society to elevate it out of the ground. Arabs were able to unite the whole peninsula in a century. Europeans had to trial and error their way out of tribalism. Us somalis have the hindsight there is catalog if history for us to learn from. It can be done in 2 decades with the right leader.

mahamdov

It only needs 10% of a society to elevate it out of the ground. Arabs were able to unite the whole peninsula in a century. Europeans had to trial and error their way out of tribalism. Us somalis have the hindsight there is catalog if history for us to learn from. It can be done in 2 decades with the right leader.
Have you ever gone and lived in Somalia for several years and moved between cities and regions? Have you seen Somalia

Internet Nomad

VIP
Have you ever gone and lived in Somalia for several years and moved between cities and regions? Have you seen Somalia
I went to Somaliland 3 times in my life and stayed months at a time. Every time i went in my life i seen the city get bigger and better. I see a lively people who want to be something in this world. Yes we may stumble our way to get their but we still strive.

mahamdov

I went to Somaliland 3 times in my life and stayed months at a time. Every time i went in my life i seen the city get bigger and better. I see a lively people who want to be something in this world. Yes we may stumble our way to get their but we still strive.
Well if you live there for a few years You will know what I mean Somalis do not believe in a state. Your homeland is where your sub-clan lives And no one cares about the rest of the country because they don't consider it their home .You don't know how much they hate each other I have experienced racism in my life only in Somalia not in the West or even Saudi Arabia

Things cannot be resolved within two decades. You need a decade to get rid of the terrorists And you will need a new generation to get rid of the mentality of the tribe Then to the creation of a central state and a lot of things ohh
You will need a whole century
And you know what, the desert geography of Somalia is not helping you and you will suffer from worse drought year after year until Ethiopia invades us because it has large reserves of water And we will live in one state Or extinction occurs or the demographics change
The future is not beautiful for Somalia and for all of Africa

Internet Nomad

VIP
Well if you live there for a few years You will know what I mean Somalis do not believe in a state. Your homeland is where your sub-clan lives And no one cares about the rest of the country because they don't consider it their home .You don't know how much they hate each other I have experienced racism in my life only in Somalia not in the West or even Saudi Arabia

Things cannot be resolved within two decades. You need a decade to get rid of the terrorists And you will need a new generation to get rid of the mentality of the tribe Then to the creation of a central state and a lot of things ohh
You will need a whole century
And you know what, the desert geography of Somalia is not helping you and you will suffer from worse drought year after year until Ethiopia invades us because it has large reserves of water And we will live in one state Or extinction occurs or the demographics change
The future is not beautiful for Somalia and for all of Africa

Does somebody hire fake accounts to constantly spew pessimistic shit within the Somali diaspora to keep us fighting over petty clan wars and gender/racial topics. Whilst our homeland rots.

@mahamdov has his heart at the right place. He just have a feeling of despair and lack of hope for our people. I honestly think everyone of us have had those thoughts but then you see the progress in the last 10 years compared to where we were, and yes, there is hope.

mahamdov

Does somebody hire fake accounts to constantly spew pessimistic shit within the Somali diaspora to keep us fighting over petty clan wars and gender/racial topics. Whilst our homeland rots.
I'm not new here, I was on another account, probably before you

plessis_4.jpg

plessis_12.jpg

plessis_16.jpg

263601700.jpg

A9709-The-Dignity-of-Beauty-Le-Plessis-Robinson-Image-4.jpg

Someone pointed out that this is financially tenable because this largely excludes stone facades, complex structures and valuable guiding.

Latest posts