To any person trying to get into a tech career....

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Don’t do it :mjlol:
The pay is amazing and I’m able to buy and eat crazy shit now but I hate working in this industry..
I’m taking some side prereq classes and intend on applying to Med School around this time next year :salute:
For the love of god do not focus on salary only when looking at a major or career....consider if you’d like to be doing this work day in and day out
I wish no one did the same error as me so I’ll say it again

pursue what you LIKE not what pays the MOST
take it from me you’ll feel unsatisfied tbh

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
I see you trying to eliminate the competition. YO DON'T APPLY TO LAW I SWEAR ITS DOGSHIT
Im not trying to get to law kkkkkkkkk
:yousmart::yousmart::yousmart:

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
I see you trying to eliminate the competition. YO DON'T APPLY TO LAW I SWEAR ITS DOGSHIT
Im not trying to get to law kkkkkkkkk
:yousmart::yousmart::yousmart:
I am serious lol
I’ve lost the passion I used to have for programming
It just isn’t for me tbh
I’m glad I’m still in Uni so it won’t be as hard to change gears

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
A job is a job. I'd rather work for a decade, save like crazy, reinvest and then chill for the rest of my life.

If you save up $4,000/m for 15 years and invest that in a index fund returning 9% on average with dividends you're set for life.

You can retire and still withdraw your full previous salary as long as the markets are still running.

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
I am serious lol
I’ve lost the passion I used to have for programming
It just isn’t for me tbh
I’m glad I’m still in Uni so it won’t be as hard to change gears
Bro think about the racks you will rake in. IF I fail to get into Law school or post grad after I'm done with my undergrad rn I'm fucked. Might as well hop on a plane to Somalia to finesse my way as a politician there

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Bro think about the racks you will rake in. IF I fail to get into Law school or post grad after I'm done with my undergrad rn I'm fucked. Might as well hop on a plane to Somalia to finesse my way as a politician there
If it is from a decent law school I have no doubt you could get a snazzy job
Didn’t a MUA become a MP :damn:
I’d be pissed if I spent time in law school only to sit shoulder to shoulder with MUAs and Uber drivers tbh

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
If it is from a decent law school I have no doubt you could get a snazzy job
Didn’t a MUA become a MP :damn:
I’d be pissed if I spent time in law school only to sit shoulder to shoulder with MUAs and Uber drivers tbh
I'm in first year undergrad bro I ain't in law school yet that's the target inshallah
tenor.gif

Lmao
If you open up a 401k or rrsp with a 6% ir and invest 5k a year starting at 18 yrs old, you’ll have more than a million by the time you retire :manny:

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
I'm in first year undergrad bro I ain't in law school yet that's the target inshallah
tenor.gif
You’ll get there I have no doubt
Although in the US these days it’s pretty hard to get into the top ones where the best money is
Not sure about canada

Exodus

Alienist
What’s your schooling route like in Canada? 4 years of undergrad and 4 years of law school?

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
A career in tech is fun, stimulating and rewarding. My boss treating me like shit? I'll just hit up a recruiter and have a new job in a couple weeks. Your skills are in high demand and opportunities everywhere.

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
Work your ass off for 20 years, make some savvy investments and you may never work again. If you are in your 20s, by the time you are 40 you'll just be chilling.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
A career in tech is fun, stimulating and rewarding. My boss treating me like shit? I'll just hit up a recruiter and have a new job in a couple weeks. Your skills are in high demand and opportunities everywhere.
Lol it’s not that
The work is fine I just don’t enjoy or see myself doing it
I always wanted to be a doctor and was originally premed so thankfully it won’t take me long before I can get into med
Long term I’d wanna be a cardiologist
I’m 20 anyways and am glad I’ve done internships to identify what I don’t like doing tbh

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Could it be the company your at though?
No this is my third internship
My coworkers mentors are great
The truth is I never really enjoyed CS as much as I thought I did lol
The $$$ made me believe I liked it but money is of this world and this world matters little
Though I do gotta admit it was odd only working with whites and Asians
I assimilated quickly :damn:

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
@The Good he is right he should be pursuing a career he finds fulfilling.
@Muhammad Bire I only read the first 3 sentences of your post mb. If you can still switch up then you should do it if that's your passion bro. I wouldn't be in Poli Sci/History if my Mom didn't force my Dad to stand down and let me take what I wanted.

Doctors make like 200k ez pz lol you should be fine either way tbh
:mjlaugh:

Trending