To all single 30+yr old Xalimos and Faraxs, what's the marriage pressure like?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I'm not pressured. Though I'm considering marriage. That's a step above I'll see. So I've made progress by a bit.

Yaraye

VIP
I'm jealous of those who don't have pressure. i told my mother my future plans for the next few years after i graduate collage and the first thing she said to me was "consider marriage." I think my older sister who is in her late 20s and my older 1st cousin who is gonna turn 30 in a few months are driving them insane :hemad: :hemad: my grandma, my aunt, and my mom are panicking, but both of them seem unmotivated to get married :deadpeter:

I'm jealous of those who don't have pressure. i told my mother my future plans for the next few years after i graduate collage and the first thing she said to me was "consider marriage." I think my older sister who is in her late 20s and my older 1st cousin who is gonna turn 30 in a few months are driving them insane :hemad: :hemad: my grandma, my aunt, and my mom are panicking, but both of them seem unmotivated to get married :deadpeter:

lmao, is there a specific reason they don't want to marry tho?

Yaraye

VIP
lmao, is there a specific reason they don't want to marry tho?
it not that they don't want to ever, they just want to delay it a little longer. :deadpeter: everyone knows that marriage is a responsibility. They don't want to be responsible for little longer

I don’t think anyone should get married too early, you need to be ready financially and matured, otherwise marriage will become a prison you can’t escape, especially when you have children you’re destined to take care of for at least 20 years.

I didn’t think you’d be the one to call out @Wervelwind for coping.
I don’t necessarily see it as me calling him out. I am only stating the obvious which everyone else sees too. He needs to change his attitude and perspective because I’m sure he can get married if he put more effort into it. Life without (halal one) love and companionship can be quite challenging.

I don’t think anyone should get married too early, you need to be ready financially and matured, otherwise marriage will become a prison you can’t escape, especially when you have children you’re destined to take care of for at least 20 years.
You can just use contraception.
I don’t necessarily see it as me calling him out. I am only stating the obvious which everyone else sees too. He needs to change his attitude and perspective because I’m sure he can get married if he put more effort into it. Life without (halal one) love and companionship can be quite challenging.
Idk tbh. @Wervelwind are you an incel?

@Qeelbax
@Kalsoon
@HoodHawiye

I'm 31. 32 in 4 months

I don't consider myself incel

I make marriage threads because I'm interested to see what it's really like, especially between Somalis but no one ever tells me their experiences

I really don't want to marry myself. Maybe I look at it pessimistic but it just seems constricting and a lot of work. Especially if you're not a saqajaan and are doing things 50/50 with your wife

@Angelina
Wallahi don't think I didn't see your smiley face on Kalsoon's post. I admit I make hella threads like these but you make more posts bashing/beefing with faraxs.

Last edited:
@Qeelbax
@Kalsoon
@HoodHawiye

I'm 31. 32 in 4 months

I make marriage threads because I'm interested to see what it's really like, especially between Somalis but no one ever tells me their experiences

I really don't want to marry myself. Maybe I look at it pessimistic but it just seems constricting and a lot of work. Especially if you're not a saqajaan and are doing things 50/50 with your wife

@Angelina
Wallahi don't think I didn't see your smiley face on Kalsoon's post. I admit I make hella threads like these but you make more posts bashing/beefing with faraxs.
It’s good you’re trying to collect info from actual married people but for how long are you going to do that?

If you don’t want to marry, why care about other people’s experiences with it in the first place?

Marriage can be quite liberating or constricting depending on the two people. It’s all how you and your spouse make it.

It’s good you’re trying to collect info from actual married people but for how long are you going to do that?

If you don’t want to marry, why care about other people’s experiences with it in the first place?

Marriage can be quite liberating or constricting depending on the two people. It’s all how you and your spouse make it.

I agree that it's important to really know who you're marrying. Cadaan ppl date for years, live together and then marry compared to Somalis who marry straight away

I guess I want to justify to myself why I don't want to marry based on others' experiences

I agree that it's important to really know who you're marrying. Cadaan ppl date for years, live together and then marry compared to Somalis who marry straight away

I guess I want to justify to myself why I don't want to marry based on others' experiences
But walaal, you’re coming from a place of fear of it failing because of other’s bad experiences. If you talked to people with successful marriages, will it make you change your mind?

The gaalo way is definitely not ideal. They only postpone marriage because they get everything they want without the actual responsibility and full commitment.

@Qeelbax
@Kalsoon
@HoodHawiye

I'm 31. 32 in 4 months

@Angelina
I don’t ever make threads bashing Faraxs or make marriage threads. I merely reply to stupidity.

The last threads I made was Somali Ai faced and about side hustles/businesses.

I’m sorry, but you can’t come at me. LOL.