Tigray Region is Ethiopia's Somaliland now

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Tigray is de facto not under the control of the Federal Government of Ethiopia. The Ethiopian Prime Minister, Abiy, can't even visit Tigray. The Tigrayan People’s Liberation Front (TPLF) has announced to hold elections despite the Federal Government's warning not to do so. The TPLF accused the PM Abiy of disregarding the right of people to self-determination and waging war against the Tigray and asked Eritrea to intervene. Tigray have their own army.

Tigray has also blamed the Federal Government for indirectly calling for genocide of Tigrayans.

See where Ethiopia is going right now?

I think Tigray came to a conclusion that it will be next to impossible to reign in Oromos from now on. Seeing how Amharas are getting ethnically cleansed in Oromia, Tigrayans want to bail out from the ticking time bomb called Ethiopia before it is too late. I believe a lot of bad will come towards the Somali Region of Ethiopia from Oromos in the coming years.

Everything is upside down now in Ethiopia.

According to Dereje, on the night of June 28, hundreds of young Oromo men armed with clubs and machetes targeted ethnic minorities in Dera. They roamed from neighbourhood to neighbourhood, stopping at the homes of people like Dereje, who is of ethnic Amhara ancestry.

The assailants targeted Dereje’s son Mersha, 28. He was dragged outside, stabbed multiple times and finally beheaded by members of the jeering mob. Dereje managed to escape with the help of neighbours, but witnessed his son’s killing.

Mersha’s body was left in the street and the house was burnt down. The engineer and Arba Minch University graduate had recently applied for a job with Ethiopian Airlines.

Seven people were killed in Dera that night.

Last edited:

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
Eritrean Tigrinyas should patch up their differences with their cousins.

Look at this Eritrean Muslim lowlander fearful of a Eritrean Tigrinyas and Ethiopian Tigrays coming together

Non-Tigrinya Eritreans want them to hate each other out of fear :wow:

Tigray is de facto not under the control of the Federal Government of Ethiopia. The Ethiopian Prime Minister, Abiy, can't even visit Tigray. The Tigrayan People’s Liberation Front (TPLF) has announced to hold elections despite the Federal Government's warning not to do so. The TPLF accused the PM Abiy of disregarding the right of people to self-determination and waging war against the Tigray and asked Eritrea to intervene. Tigray have their own army.

Tigray has also blamed the Federal Government for indirectly calling for genocide of Tigrayans.

See where Ethiopia is going right now?

I think Tigray came to a conclusion that it will be next to impossible to reign in Oromos from now on. Seeing how Amharas are getting ethnically cleansed in Oromia, Tigrayans want to bail out from the ticking time bomb called Ethiopia before it is too late. I believe a lot of bad will come towards the Somali Region of Ethiopia from Oromos in the coming years.

Everything is upside down now in Ethiopia.

Not really, yes TPLF is a trying to defy the federal government at least with words but there is a big difference between Somaliland and Tigray. Tigray gets its budget from the federal government and without it, Tigray will collapse economically. Tigreans also don’t want to become independent even if there are few new voices in this direction, no serious attempt is made.

And finally the federal army is patrolling the border between Tigray and Eritrea including the town of Badme. The moment the army leaves that area Eritrean army will march in and take control of it. Tigray regional militias are no match to the eritrean army. Last time the ethiopian army tried to reduce its forces and relocate its personnel due to good relations with Eritrea, TPLF sent local people to block the roads and they begged the army not to vacate Tigray leaving them vulnerable to ertrean attacks.

Also don’t forget that all TPLF companies operate in Ethiopia and the fed can close them in a matter of hours and freeze their assets. TPLF is playing with fire and exploiting the patience of PM Abiy just like Jawar & co. used to do so. Tigray simply is too dependent on the fed to pose a serious threat but if TPLF crosses the red line believe me they are done. PM Abiy looks and sounds soft but he is a workaholic and a strategist who doesn’t sleep until he breakes your back. His opponents always make the mistake of underestimating him.

Last edited:

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Not really, yes TPLF is a trying to defy the federal government at least with words but there is a big difference between Somaliland and Tigray. Tigray gets its budget from the federal government and without it, Tigray will collapse economically. Tigreans also don’t want to become independent even if there are few new voices in this direction, no serious attempt is made.

And finally the federal army is patrolling the border between Tigray and Eritrea including the town of Badme. The moment the army leaves that area Eritrean army will march in and take control of it. Tigray regional militias are no match to the eritrean army. Last time the ethiopian army tried to reduce its forces and relocate its personnel due to good relations with Eritrea, TPLF sent local people to block the roads and they begged the army not to vacate Tigray leaving them vulnerable to ertrean attacks.

Also don’t forget that all TPLF companies operate in Ethiopia and the fed can close them in a matter of hours and freeze their assets. TPLF is playing with fire and exploiting the patience of PM Abiy just like Jawar & co. used to do so. Tigray simply is too dependent on the fed to pose a serious threat but if TPLF crosses the red line believe me they are done. PM Abiy looks and sounds soft but he is a workaholic and a strategist who doesn’t sleep until he breakes your back. His opponents always make the mistake of underestimating him.
wow speaking of Jawar in past tense already @Abba Sadacha will not go down so easily :reallymaury:.

besides that I agree TPLF can not secede but they will likely try and fight for more autonomy as it becomes clear they wont be able to hold the top spot anymore. They did a good job on paper preparing for this time I don’t think they will lose there grip on “their state” anytime soon. How many are TPLF, do you believe they pose a threat onto other states?

The gap between them and the Amhara state for example seems to be high. I can’t say for sure though.

wow speaking of Jawar in past tense already @Abba Sadacha will not go down so easily :reallymaury:.

besides that I agree TPLF can not secede but they will likely try and fight for more autonomy as it becomes clear they wont be able to hold the top spot anymore. They did a good job on paper preparing for this time I don’t think they will lose there grip on “their state” anytime soon. How many are TPLF, do you believe they pose a threat onto other states?

The gap between them and the Amhara state for example seems to be high. I can’t say for sure though.

The irony is that the fed doesn't intervene in their affairs and in fact the budget for Tigray has increased by 40% since PM Abiy came to power. TPLF is the one that is interfering in the affairs of the federal government. Tigray is not so important in terms of economy for Ethiopia and the fed let them run their own affairs but TPLF misses Addis Ababa badly and wants to come back to power. They seem to hate to be confined to one region. They also failed to make progress in the region and fix the so many economical and administrative problems in Tigray. Instead of focusing on Tigray, all they want to do is to come back to Addis. That is the only issue they have with the fed and not because the fed is intervening in their internal affairs.

Jawar's issue seems to be that, he wants elections to be held, because he is confident that OLF/OFC would win in Oromia. He also is most likely not comfortable with how close Abiy has gotten to well known Amhara-Extremist/Elitist parties, who want to dismantle federalism and replace it with a system that would benefit them, at the expense of the traditionally marginalized & oppressed groups in Ethiopia-such as Oromos, Somalis, Sidamas, and so on.

Targeting Oromo leaders is an age old tactic of consecutive regimes in Ethiopia; and all it does is prolong their rule for a little, then eventually, their dictatorship collapses, the same will go for abiy at this rate.
We trusted the OPDO party to make our interests and aspirations, a priority, and they ended up being blinded by absolute power; which is very human like, to be fair.
Give any man or group of men, absolute power, access to wealth and soldiers, and he'll most likely become corrupt overnight-regardless of his ethnicity; unless he truly fears ALLAH and we know most men/women do not fear Allah to that point.
This is why we, Muslims, are encouraged to NOT seek positions of power.

OPDO did well, to help facilitate the dismantling of the TPLF, but now, they are becoming another TPLF.

AbdiGeedi

I think it is in the best interests of Eritrea to have Tigray as an independent country as a neighbor. That is because the TPLF was the source of historical enmity with Eritrea. This way the TPLF will never ever come back again as a crushing hammer using the rest of Ethiopia as a force multiplicand against Eritrea. This is basically a game of scales. To this day, Ethiopia and Eritrea have border disputes with Ethiopian forces still still being inside Eritrea.

I think it is in the best interests of Eritrea to have Tigray as an independent country as a neighbor. That is because the TPLF was the source of historical enmity with Eritrea. This way the TPLF will never ever come back again as a crushing hammer using the rest of Ethiopia as a force multiplicand against Eritrea. This is basically a game of scales. To this day, Ethiopia and Eritrea have border disputes with Ethiopian forces still still being inside Eritrea.

But TPLF doesn't want independence. All of its eyes are on Addis Ababa. :ftw9nwa: How can you force TPLF and tigreans into independence without their will?

AbdiGeedi

But TPLF doesn't want independence. All of its eyes are on Addis Ababa. :ftw9nwa: How can you force TPLF and tigreans into independence without their will?
The TPLF is already bringing up the right of people to self-determination.

The real question is: For how long can Amharas continue with their con yoking and swindling Oromos and Somalis on their own since Tigray wants to bail out?

AbdiGeedi

@xabashi What has kept and still keeping such a diverse group of ethnic groups together in Ethiopia? What is the secret sauce here?

I think it will be harder and harder to sustain it as the digital revolution is taking other the world. The news is instant. Every single activist can become an instant force through digital media. Mass groups can organize in an instance. Look at the George Floyd murder. It was broadcast instantly and caused huge social schism in the US.

There are grievances of injustice and mistreatment in Ethiopia.

The TPLF is already bringing up the right of people to self-determination.

The real question is: For how long can Amharas continue with their con yoking and swindling Oromos and Somalis on their own since Tigray wants to bail out?

It is clear you don't know TPLF's mentality. Don't believe what they say always tell them to show you if they really mean it. Tell them to officially ask to get independence from Ethiopia. Whatever TPLF does, it does so to create havoc in other regions especially Oromia and then to turn around and tell Ethiopias, see without TPLF Ethiopia will be disintegrated. Now support me so that we can make Ethiopia great again. Don't get fooled by TPLF propaganda. Ask them to walk the talk.

@xabashi What has kept and still keeping such a diverse group of ethnic groups together in Ethiopia? What is the secret sauce here?

I think it will be harder and harder to sustain it as the digital revolution is taking other the world. The news is instant. Every single activist can become an instant force through digital media. Look at the George Floyd murder. It was broadcast instantly and caused huge social schism in the US.
If the British were able to use divide and rule by dividing Somali tribes we should be able to do the same with their diverse ethnic groups. Even without everyone having access to the Internet, this really is a golden opportunity to split them up and stabilize the Horn

It is clear you don't know TPLF's mentality. Don't believe what they say always tell them to show you if they really mean it. Tell them to officially ask to get independence from Ethiopia. Whatever TPLF does, it does so to create havoc in other regions especially Oromia and then to turn around and tell Ethiopias, see without TPLF Ethiopia will be disintegrated. Now support me so that we can make Ethiopia great again. Don't get fooled by TPLF propaganda. Ask them to walk the talk.
Now why would a Somali make Sthiopia great again? I'd much rather leave it as is or keep it impoverished by stifling development. It's not in our interests, we have more urgent concerns

If the British were able to use divide and rule by dividing Somali tribes we should be able to do the same with their diverse ethnic groups. Even without everyone having access to the Internet, this really is a golden opportunity to split them up and stabilize the Horn

46006438-cat-looking-into-the-mirror-and-seeing-a-reflection-of-a-lion-.jpg

AbdiGeedi

To me it looks like the TPLF is rocking the boat in Ethiopia and ultimately plans to secede. We can go as far back as the time the Ethiopian regions were created by the above to define its own borders and come to the present moment where Ethiopia is being destabilized in order to weaken it. Oromos are playing the role of useful fools for the Tigrayans. You yourself said that there is only theoretical way to leave Ethiopia for the regions and there is no peaceful way at all in practice.

In my opinion, the TPLF is executing their long-term plan step by step.

Last edited:
It wasn't a threat you gotta calm down your life isn't Ethiopia you're an individual. Somalis I know aren't currently in the position to do so but if it weren't for the Russians and Cubans you would've absolutely been pummeled even though they were neutral and provided funding to both sides.

To me it looks like the TPLF is rocking the boat in Ethiopia and ultimately plans to secede. We can go as far back as the time the Ethiopian regions were created by the above to define its own borders and come to the present moment where Ethiopia is being destabilized in order to weaken it. Oromos are playing the role of useful fools for the Tigrayans. You yourself said that there is only theoretical way to leave Ethiopia for the regions and there is no peaceful way at all in practice.

In my opinion, the TPLF is executing their long-term plan step by step.

:drakelaugh:

I give up, you don't have clue bro. TPLF can simply send a letter to fed and ask for referendum to get its independence but it fears the fed may process its request faster than light and accept it. :ftw9nwa: It fears Abiy and Eritrea may conspire to force Tigray out of Ethiopia not the other way around. You just don't understand the background if you think TPLF is doing all this to become independence. Give me a break! Please ask Eritreans or other xabashis who know TPLF and tigreans better. You are being fooled.

AbdiGeedi

I give up, you don't have clue bro. TPLF can simply send a letter to fed and ask for referendum to get its independence but it fears the fed may process its request faster than light and accept it. :ftw9nwa: It fears Abiy and Eritrea may conspire to force Tigray out of Ethiopia not the other way around. You just don't understand the background if you think TPLF is doing all this to become independence. Give me a break! Please ask Eritreans or other xabashis who know TPLF and tigreans better. You are being fooled.
I am not buying it. Eritrea is not happy with Ethiopia at the moment. The visit to Asmara by Abiy was a begging event after Afwerki was in Cairo on a two day visit and Egyptian moves in Somaliland. It is not Tigray that is shivering but Addis Ababa. Even a blind donkey can see that Eritrea benefits more from Tigray being split from Ethiopia.

Here is what the Eritrean government said 9 days ago:

The Eritrean Ministry of Information said July 11 that the peace agreement with Ethiopia had not met Eritrea’s expectations. The ministry added in a statement on its website, “Two years after the signing of the Peace Agreement, Ethiopian troops continue to be present in our sovereign territories. … Trade and economic ties of both countries have not resumed to the desired extent or scale.”

I am not buying it. Eritrea is not happy with Ethiopia at the moment. The visit to Asmara by Abiy was a begging event after Afwerki was in Cairo on a two day visit and Egyptian moves in Somaliland. It is not Tigray that is shivering but Addis Ababa. Even a blind donkey can see that Eritrea benefits more from Tigray being split from Ethiopia.

Here is what the Eritrean government said 9 days ago:

The Eritrean Ministry of Information said July 11 that the peace agreement with Ethiopia had not met Eritrea’s expectations. The ministry added in a statement on its website, “Two years after the signing of the Peace Agreement, Ethiopian troops continue to be present in our sovereign territories. … Trade and economic ties of both countries have not resumed to the desired extent or scale.”

Was just mentioning that the other day, what do you reckon happens to them after they secede? (assuming they do)

Trending

Latest posts