Djibouti-Travel-Guide (1).jpg
images (36).jpeg
images (37).jpeg
images (38).jpeg
1000_F_611770823_xDmPlwYDy3ml4BgqAUA1gUjenyW42dI0.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
3dc80b6e913e6a01547d03650e176156.jpg

Peaceful & outgoing/fun people.

Under good governance, Djibouti does have potential to become the next Singapore or Dubai depending on the economic strategy implemented.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian πŸ‡©πŸ‡― | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
VIP
Peaceful & outgoing/fun people.

Under good governance, Djibouti does have potential to become the next Singapore or Dubai depending on the economic strategy implemented.
True, Djibouti has lots of potential and already has a steady revenue due to its great location. However the country is ran horribly so I feel we won't have any success in becoming the Singapore of Africa unless we take out IOG and dismantle his families grasp on the country.

Wanna slap any Djiboitian Somali who that speaks their French Colonier language

So disgusting, French are the worst and these guys brag about the worst colonizers, French should be banned asap

French also brag about their loose women, embarassing

So disgusting, French are the worst and these guys brag about the worst colonizers, French should be banned asap

True but don’t blame them all huuno. There are patriots amongst them. There are reer jabuuti Somaliweyne believers out there.

Khaemwaset

VIP

French is only used in government and higher schools because afars complain about Issa Somali domination in the country. We made it so the president was Ciise and the Prime minister was Afar to get them to stop crying.
But if you go to the streets of Djibouti speaking only french no one will understand you.

Issa Djiboutians are somali nationalists it's just our circumstances didn't allow us to join somalia due to french and afars fighting us and eventually the collapse of the Somali State.

The Arabs and Afars I met in my area of Djibouti city all spoke Somali.

French is only used in government and higher schools because afars complain about Issa Somali domination in the country. We made it so the president was Ciise and the Prime minister was Afar to get them to stop crying.
But if you go to the streets of Djibouti speaking only french no one will understand you.

Issa Djiboutians are somali nationalists it's just our circumstances didn't allow us to join somalia due to french and afars fighting us and eventually the collapse of the Somali State.

The Arabs and Afars I met in my area of Djibouti city all spoke Somali.
Actually a lady gave me a dirty look for trying to speak Somali at a fast food place I even said it in English

Nah jokes aside, Djibouti is a beautifull place from areal views. Been on transit to Djibouti couple of times and the scenery is something else MashaAllah.

Khaemwaset

VIP
Just normal Somalia
Where does the name Djibouti come from
The name Djibouti is contested origins.
I think there's a section on it on wikipedia
The country is named for its capital, the City of Djibouti. The etymology of the name is disputed. There are several theories and legends about its origin, varying based on ethnicity. One theory derives it from the Afar word gabouti, meaning "plate", possibly referring to the area's geographical features. Another connects it to gabood, meaning "upland/plateau". Djibouti could also mean "Land of Tehuti" or "Land of h (Egyptian: Djehuti/ Djehuty)", after the Egyptian moon god.

From 1862 until 1894, the land to the north of the Gulf of Tadjoura was called "Obock". Under French administration, from 1883 to 1967 the area was known as French Somaliland (French: Côte française des Somalis), and from 1967 to 1977 as the French Territory of the Afars and the Issas (French: Territoire français des Afars et des Issas).

Khaemwaset

VIP
Actually a lady gave me a dirty look for trying to speak Somali at a fast food place I even said it in English
Perhaps she was afar? They are very sensitive to Somalis.
Everywhere I went in Djibouti we only had to use somali. I remember going to the french owned bakery and the cadaans spoke somali to my hooyo when she orderd.
And when I went to the Yemeni restaurant with my abo and his friends back in 2018 the Arab guys spoke somali. I also used to go to fast food places and ordered in Somali as well.

Somali is the dominant language however french is still used in places like school or government but it's not expected to learn if you aren't in any of those. Most Djiboutians don't speak french in general.

Languages
Main article: Languages of Djibouti
Djibouti is a multilingual nation. The majority of local residents speak Somali (524,000 speakers) and Afar (306,000 speakers) as first languages. These idioms are the mother tongues of the Somali and Afar ethnic groups, respectively. Both languages belong to the larger Afroasiatic Cushitic family. Northern Somali is the main dialect spoken in the country and in neighbouring Somaliland, in contrast to Benadiri Somali which is the main dialect spoken in Somalia. There are two official languages in Djibouti: Arabic and French.

Arabic is of religious importance. In formal settings, it consists of Modern Standard Arabic. Colloquially, about 59,000 local residents speak the Ta'izzi-Adeni Arabic dialect, also known as Djibouti Arabic. French serves as a statutory national language. It was inherited from the colonial period, and is the primary language of instruction. Around 17,000 Djiboutians speak it as a first language. Immigrant languages include Omani Arabic (38,900 speakers), Amharic (1,400 speakers), and Greek (1,000 speakers).

Somali_patriotic

Everything unuka leh
Dijibouti is basically successful somalia where minorities are treated better

I love it
rejoice.png

But i heard they Fadhi ku dhirir between somali qabiils in somalia
Reer dijibouti ciyarta daaya
birdman.png

Trending

Latest posts