This will be our future if Somalis don’t unite. Read this Sorrowful Testimony of a Diapora Harari 😢

harari's should marry each others cousins. they wont go extinct inshallah. the guy who made that post better marry his cousin

Interestingly enough, although this is halal, i rarely if ever see horn of africans doing this.
do somalis marry their cousins? we oromo never do at least not the part im from. i've never heard of it.

I have a question sir. Do habesha’s see themselves “superior” to cushites.

Some habeshas see themselves as superior simply because they see Orthodox Christianity being the true faith and everyone else as inferior pagans-oromo, somali, afar, etc, all are that to then. hence why they used to say they're an island of faith/christians surrounded by muslim pagans (sudan, oromo muslims, somali, afar, etc).

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Is it a common thing among somalis? or nah?
It happens but it’s not common. Somalis treat their cousins like their siblings, so It’s way too awkward.

anything after 3rd cousins is free game though
:ohno:

this is for the older generation. Younger generation is a big ass no.

Interestingly enough, although this is halal, i rarely if ever see horn of africans doing this.
do somalis marry their cousins? we oromo never do at least not the part im from. i've never heard of it.

It’s done in Hararge, but a man usually only marries his cousin from the mothers side, never the fathers side. And also within the culture, we are not to marry from the same clan, so we avoid the fathers side for that reason. Marrying ones cousin happens but not too often. It was more common amongst the older generation meaning our grandparents time. The only taboo for Oromos is to marry from the same clan or an Amhara.

Trending