This whole “Somali boys get treated like king but Somali women don’t “ it’s just false

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is a result of single mom household where the dad left the house. Somali moms try their hardest to straighten up their sons but if he goes down a bad path, there is little what the hooyoyin can do. What usually happens is they kick the boys out of the household. This usually happens at the age of 15-16.

I’ve been hearing this rhetoric on twitter for the last 10 years people need to stop equating their personal family experiences with a entire community of 10s of millions
The fact that thousands upon thousands of girls on social media can relate and say the same thing illustrates that their is an element of truth. Funny the only ones who deny are young men. I get why they do. They might be the minority who haven’t hard it easier than their sister and a bigger reason? Defense. Simple as.

The truth of the matter. In most cultures, girls are expected to do most of the cooking and cleaning, since our parents gen still have traditional gender roles in their minds, but at the same time, they expect their daughters to get straight As and go to Uni and ultimate get a graduate job and later on contribute financially.

Sons are expected to do well, but no is telling them that if they don’t help out with chores, they’d be deemed as unmarriageable or that they need to learn how to run a household. Their simply isn’t a lot of pressure on young men and what makes it worse is that unlike other communities like Asians and Arabs, young Somali men aren’t forced to work in the family business or given extra responsibilities. How do you think many Somali boys have the time to roam the streets and join gangs? Their dad are mostly chilling in Somali cafes after working or some unfortunately don’t even work so they’re not even a good role model.

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to 🇨🇦 #DefundUN
Staff Member
The truth of the matter. In most cultures, girls are expected to do most of the cooking and cleaning, since our parents gen still have traditional gender roles in their minds, but at the same time, they expect their daughters to get straight As and go to Uni and ultimate get a graduate job and later on contribute financially.

Sons are expected to do well, but no is telling them that if they don’t help out with chores, they’d be deemed as unmarriageable or that they need to learn how to run a household. Their simply isn’t a lot of pressure on young men and what makes it worse is that unlike other communities like Asians and Arabs, young Somali men aren’t forced to work in the family business or given extra responsibilities. How do you think many Somali boys have the time to roam the streets and join gangs? Their dad are mostly chilling in Somali cafes after working or some unfortunately don’t even work so they’re not even a good role model.

Those roaming around the street and joining gangs won't be getting married and if they do, it will be to equally loser women. They don't have access to good women.

Gaalo women are expected to know how to cook and clean or gaalo men of quality don't consider them worthy of the ring.

I think she’s mostly right. Yes the guys are treated differently but the scales favor the guys more than the girls.

btw she’s very beautiful 😍

Those roaming around the street and joining gangs won't be getting married and if they do, it will be to equally loser women. They don't have access to good women.
They’re being married off to girls from back home. The ones who’ve been to prison that is. Also, many average Somali men who work as Taxi drivers and security used to be those boys that roamed the streets which is why some of them currently work those jobs.
Gaalo women are expected to know how to cook and clean or gaalo men of quality don't consider them worthy of the ring.
Gaalo women aren’t from families with 8 children being expected to help parents and on top of that achieve good grades. The only expectation of Somali boys is to well in school, yet Somali women unfortunately especially of my gen still outperformed them. Why? Because of lack of expectations and discipline not being installed in them.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
They’re being married off to girls from back home. The ones who’ve been to prison that is. Also, many average Somali men who work as Taxi drivers and security used to be those boys that roamed the streets which is why some of them currently work those jobs.

Gaalo women aren’t from families with 8 children being expected to help parents and on top of that achieve good grades. The only expectation of Somali boys is to well in school, yet Somali women unfortunately especially of my gen still outperformed them. Why? Because of lack of expectations and discipline not being installed in them.

The typical Somali family in the west does not consist of 8 children. Gaalo children are expected to help their parents. They do chores. I think gaalo children do more than Somali kids. These stories of girls being slaves in Somali households in the west is not common, especially in homes where hooyos are stay at home moms. Most Somali girls actually don't do anything beyond cleaning their room. There are young boys on this forum who have said their mothers make them cook and clean.

The typical Somali family in the west does not consist of 8 children.
Lol, the typical Somali family is big. You’re lying for that. It is around 5-8. Most definitely. All the families around me on average are like 7. I think you North American Somalis Are more Western than us. I can’t believe you’re arguing with me about this. Somalis are literally known for this.

Gaalo children are expected to help their parents. They do chores. I think gaalo children do more than Somali kids. These stories of girls being slaves in Somali households in the west is not common, especially in homes where hooyos are stay at home moms.
How do you know this? Again, why lie. When most Somali girls are telling you this is their experience and you’re a guy and can only really talk about your own immediate family, I’m confused as to how you know? Speak only about your own sisters and maybe cousins. Apart from that, you have no ideas about what goes on in the lives of other women. Do you have Somali female friends? Visit their houses? Intermingle with women?

Most Somali girls actually don't do anything beyond cleaning their room. There are young boys on this forum who have said their mothers make them cook and clean.
Again, you’re lying. You don’t know what goes on with these girls. You’re just determined to argue. Somali mothers think it’s ceeb not teaching their girls to cook and clean. On top of that, many families feel it’s ceeb for the boys to do chores and many guys on here admitted that they’re mothers would stop them since they’re boys. I knew how to cook by 14, so get out of here and I’m from a family of 7.

Somali Saayid

There is no surrender, We lose or We Die.
VIP
They'll get kicked out/deported the moment they try any fuckery, that's why somalis in Gulf nations are miskeens and integrate well amongst other reasons.
Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia aren't going to deport Somalis. That's straight up bullshit maybe the Gulf does that but not other African countries. Like they said above it's the surroundings that influence someone.

Its their lazy mothers who off load their duties to their daughter's . :manny:
Lazy? Try having 7-8 kids with abo either out the whole day working or in the local miqaayad and coming home only at night. At least in our grandmother’s generation, they’d have family next door and living in the area of their toll and family helping them with the kids. The West is a lonely place and back home women have maids.

Seriously, some of you lot will do anything and say anything to defend men and blame women. Sometimes just accept that somethings are an issue and stop being on defending mode and have a bit of empathy. I seriously look at our mothers gen as soldiers and whilst daughters having that responsibility was hard, it was a need.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Lol, the typical Somali family is big. You’re lying for that. It is around 5-8. Most definitely. All the families around me on average are like 7. I think you North American Somalis Are more Western than us. I can’t believe you’re arguing with me about this. Somalis are literally known for this.

How do you know this? Again, why lie. When most Somali girls are telling you this is their experience and you’re a guy and can only really talk about your own immediate family, I’m confused as to why you know? Speak only about your own sisters and maybe cousins. Apart from that, you have no ideas about what goes on in the lives of other women. Do you have Somali female friends? Visit their houses?

Again, you’re lying. You don’t know what goes on with these girls. You’re just determined to argue. Somali mothers think it’s ceeb not teaching their girls to cook and clean. I knew how to cook by 14, so get out of here and I’m from a family of 7.

The typical size is about 4. You would come from a larger than typical Somali family. There are more Somali families with 3 kids than over 7-8 kids. I know all about the Somali community in England.

I know what you're saying is exaggerated. The kids are expected to make their own breakfast (cereal, etc).

Women should learn how to cook anyway. It's true many good high quality men will not see them as marriage material if they can't do that. That's unfortunately just male preference like how women prefer just like you prefer tall men who provide.

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
This is a result of single mom household where the dad left the house. Somali moms try their hardest to straighten up their sons but if he goes down a bad path, there is little what the hooyoyin can do. What usually happens is they kick the boys out of the household. This usually happens at the age of 15-16.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

@AbdiFreedom
Why they associate being set up for failure as being treated like kings & having it easier in life ?

They really complain about their parents want them to do good in school ,but always highlight & celebrate the fact that they doing better in school than the men .

The typical size is about 4. You would come from a larger than typical Somali family. There are more Somali families with 3 kids than over 7-8 kids. I know all about the Somali community in England.
I’m talking about our gen. Not the current young gen that only have around 3. Sorry but us 90s kids mostly have 5-8 siblings. So get out of here with his ‘4’ nonsense. Stop with the lying.
I know what you're saying is exaggerated. The kids are expected to make their own breakfast (cereal, etc).
No, the girls would be literally helping their hooyos raise their many siblings, expected to also get good grades and get jobs, yet the only job the boys have is get good grades and many struggled do that only with no added pressure from their mothers.

Women should learn how to cook anyway. It's true many good high quality men will not see them as marriage material if they can't do that. That's unfortunately just male preference like how women prefer
Nothing wrong with women learning. Male preferences means nothing if they can’t keep up their end of the bargain. Women want and need providers, that doesn’t stop the fact that the average household in the UK and America is joint finances. You can’t argue with me with regards that, it’s a fact.

@AbdiFreedom
Why they associate being set up for failure as being treated like kings & having it easier in life ?

They really complain about their parents want them to do good in school ,but always highlight & celebrate the fact that they doing better in school than the men .
That’s my whole point. Having life on easy mode is why many boys became delinquents. The sooner we admit it the better. No point changing this into a gender war. Being on constant defense mode isn’t going to solve the issue.

Also, parents want their sons to do well in the school? No one has an issue with that, but raising girls to be responsible but not your sons have real life consequences and we see it in our community. I’m sorry but it’s the truth. No amount of hiding and thinking it’s some sort of gender war is going to change the reality.

Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia aren't going to deport Somalis. That's straight up bullshit maybe the Gulf does that but not other African countries. Like they said above it's the surroundings that influence someone.
Where tf did you get Uganda, Kenya and Ethiopia from? Them places are unstable themselves they don't need ciyaal suuq to bring up crime. We're talking about developed nation here and the reason why they're acting up is because there is no severe consequences in the west unlike the gulf nations.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
@AbdiFreedom

Boys don't have it easier in life. It's a myth. Its easier alot easier being a girl than a boy in life.

They also don't do better in school. Most take easy degrees like sociology or history or health studies. Very few in STEM. Almost all Somali guys in uni are doing STEM or business school. The closest hard program would be nursing but nursing is just an average profession.

Trending