This school is providing hope to many deaf children in Somalia

this school is providing hope to many deaf children in Muqdisho, Somalia & helping them become able to communicate with their communities

maa sha Allah, Ilaahay ha garab galo

access to education & quality of education is steadily improving in Xamar
ElFRJkMXgAQJ4ug.jpeg

Nafiso Qalanjo

𝖂𝖊'𝖗𝖊 𝖌𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖜𝖆𝖗 𝖇𝖆𝖇𝖞!
This is great news! I hope more schools like this pop out throughout Mogadishu and other cities and regions in Somalia. I wonder though. Are they learning English SL or does Somali have its own SL?

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
This is great news! I hope more schools like this pop out throughout Mogadishu and other cities and regions in Somalia. I wonder though. Are they learning English SL or does Somali have its own SL?
I was thinking this too. I want to be able to communicate with them at any cost, but I barely know ASL how can I learn somali SL😩

I was thinking this too. I want to be able to communicate with them at any cost, but I barely know ASL how can I learn somali SL😩

somalia has its own sign language called SSL (Somali Sign Language), which has been influenced by Kenyan Sign Language (KSL)

the children of this school are taught SSL

x z

±somali supremacist, anti-inceI&queen in the north
mashallah. in hargeisa the disabled are forced to stay home, or they are made homeless begging on the streets as their families feel burdened by them

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Nice, that surely is a game changer if there's no other SL schools nationwide. I heard the hearing impaired back home are made fun of(very sad). Everyone should get the right to education no matter their disability. Citizens should be encouraged to learn the SL as well to help communicate with them

mashallah. in hargeisa the disabled are forced to stay home, or they are made homeless begging on the streets as their families feel burdened by them
Disgusting I thought Hargeisa was more developed the next Xamar at least that’s what everyone here says.

I hope a school like this can be opened there too no person deserves to live a harsh life because of a disability they have.

x z

±somali supremacist, anti-inceI&queen in the north
Disgusting I thought Hargeisa was more developed the next Xamar at least that’s what everyone here says.

I hope a school like this can be opened there too no person deserves to live a harsh life because of a disability they have.

as much as i love hargeisa, its just like any other somali city in terms of development. people still think backwards, 68nimo still exists, and independnce seems to be the no.1 priority over basic human rights. the only difference between xamar and hargeisa is safety.