This is how each Somali States EEZ would look like if Somalia became a Confederacy..... Lets ranks which States has most Ocean EEZ.

@YSD33 let's build from the bottom, we don't trust one another clearly and if you think a confederacy would mean clans fighting each other in each state then by your logic more clans would be fighting one another across the whole country if we had a unitary system. Let each clan/region fix and develop themselves first and then after say a few decades we can centralise and integrate deeper when there's enough trust in the bag

@YSD33 let's build from the bottom, we don't trust one another clearly and if you think a confederacy would mean clans fighting each other in each state then by your logic more clans would be fighting one another across the whole country if we had a unitary system. Let each clan/region fix and develop themselves first and then after say a few decades we can centralise and integrate deeper when there's enough trust in the bag
I get what you are saying and I do agree that this current system is a decent foundation to begin with but for the longhaul IMO. It’s a low ceiling system and is very easily exploitable to foreign influencers

Don’t think Isaaqs want to compete with daroods and more Dir and give up their crown :pachah1:
We have kastumites and tuunas there.
Also I prefer iido.or over ilk.yar or eelay or Hawiye.The Iid.oor are upfront they dobt hide their treachery they call a spade a spade but Konfurians are mostly munafiq they preach water and drink wine.

@YSD33 the way to handle neighbours and foreign powers is to have meaningful dialogue and show them that we are peaceful people who wants fruitful relations with everyone. TBH Kenya is no threat to us as they cannot defy international law and steal our waters or land. Likewise Ethiopia can disintegrate at any moment therefore apart from those two who else is a threat to Somalia?

@YSD33 the way to handle neighbours and foreign powers is to have meaningful dialogue and show them that we are peaceful people who wants fruitful relations with everyone. TBH Kenya is no threat to us as they cannot defy international law and steal our waters or land. Likewise Ethiopia can disintegrate at any moment therefore apart from those two who else is a threat to Somalia?
Qatar and UAE. There’s a reason why politicians don’t campaign in Somalia except for in Xamar and campaign in Nairobi, Addis Ababa and other foreign cities instead. That’s their financial backers and that comes with taking favourable orders for them during their presidency term if elected :reallymaury:

Qatar and the UAE should both not interfere in our affairs and since they're sort of stopped beefing with each other they have no reason to still use us as a proxy war battleground. Also they are both American lackeys so we can just tell Uncle Sam to rein them both in

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
We will be a wealthy nation IA and the resources will be shared with the whole country. There’s no need for mini tribal countries within a country. No need to waste time on discussing something that will never happen. We will be in great shape :)

We will be a wealthy nation IA and the resources will be shared with the whole country. There’s no need for mini tribal countries within a country. No need to waste time on discussing something that will never happen. We will be in great shape :)

Centralism inevitably will lead to tyranny and killings. Time to think outside the box

These Afweyne orphans make me sick. They have to accept that every FMS will control themselves fully and the SFG will only control foreign affairs, citizenship, immigration and monetary policy. We don't even need to have a single conventional military - let each state be responsible for their own defense by having a ground paramilitary, an aerial defense guard and a coast guard

These Afweyne orphans make me sick. They have to accept that every FMS will control themselves fully and the SFG will only control foreign affairs, citizenship, immigration and monetary policy. We don't even need to have a single conventional military - let each state be responsible for their own defense by having a ground paramilitary, an aerial defense guard and a coast guard

declare independency at this point. Why not if you’re all for that.

And Afweyne has been dead for 30 years, equating centralism to his regime is a dumb lazy take
Centralism inevitably will lead to tyranny and killings. Time to think outside the box
You better not be living in centralist European Country Niyow if you’re spewing this rhetoric :ufdup:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP

I was with you until this part lmao. What if an FMS invades another? What would happen then?

Why allow SFG to control foreign affairs when an FMS has their own military. That seems contradictory lol. IMO it should be like the US or Canada. Here in ontario the provinces control their healthcare, education, non-federal laws and their own resources. FMS should control the same, but they shouldn’t be able to meet up with other countries over some BS or be given the power to be able to underhand other FMS’s.

What single country today has a confederacy lol, what makes you think that’s a good idea? The US or Canada would be a good example of a non-centralist government to emulate.

@Hot Ballah I believe Somalia can have a normal, proper version of federalism like the US and Canada which you mentioned if Somalia has Said Deni as the country's next president because honestly only Puntland is fully autonomous whilst most of South Central Somalia is more centralised under the FGS which I oppose. Only Deni can reintegrate PL with South Central

Trending