Things are getting spicy in Amhara region

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP

Seems like FANO will hold the rural areas and recruit from there, this account also claims it may not be over, as thousands of fano prisoners have escaped.

Tensions will rise because imo its likely Abiy will try to extinguish FANO. Unfortunately for him, most soldiers will be non-amhara, especially oromo due to them being the largest ethnicity. This will increase the tension 10x fold.

Ethiopia is headed for a bumpy ride

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Lol the difference is, siad barre had a lot of different rebel groups to fight: SNM, USC, and others, right? This time, it's just 1 major group vs abiy's regime.

Well he effectively defeated SNM, SSDF. He just couldn’t handle USC. But yes, I don’t think Abiy’s demise is anytime soon.

Abiy still hasn’t had his USC moment. A rebel group that is the dominant clan and lives in the capital.

The only real comparison would be if a Oromo rebel group that breaks of the state were to appear. OLA doesn’t count for much given they’re a guerrilla rebel group unlike TPLF

Well he effectively defeated SNM, SSDF. He just couldn’t handle USC. But yes, I don’t think Abiy’s demise is anytime soon.

Abiy still hasn’t had his USC moment. A rebel group that is the dominant clan and lives in the capital.

The only real comparison would be if a Oromo rebel group that breaks of the state were to appear. OLA doesn’t count for much given they’re a guerrilla rebel group unlike TPLF

SNM in the north was pretty strong though no? they freed a lot of the north from siad barre right? USC did a lot of the fighting in the south:?

bidenkulaha

GalYare
SNM in the north was pretty strong though no? they freed a lot of the north from siad barre right? USC did a lot of the fighting in the south:?

Who told you that? SNM didn’t free shit till Siyad’s gov collapsed and USC took Xamar.

SNA were controlling the North and would’ve continues to had the government not collapsed in the South

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
Fano recruitment will be through the roof. Wouldn’t surprise me if they take Addis in the near future.

Makes me wonder how there wasn’t a single video like this coming out of the TDF camp. Says a lot about the supposed plight of the Tigrayans compared to the Amhara

Fano recruitment will be through the roof. Wouldn’t surprise me if they take Addis in the near future.

Makes me wonder how there wasn’t a single video like this coming out of the TDF camp. Says a lot about the supposed plight of the Tigrayans compared to the Amhara

Oh, please! Whatever currently happening in the Amhara region is nothing compared to the aftermath of the Tigray war.

seldiboy

Oh, please! Whatever currently happening in the Amhara region is nothing compared to the aftermath of the Tigray war.
Obviously the Tigrayans came out much worse, but the vast majority was self inflicted. Whenever they were allegedly “massacred” and proof was asked to verify, there was always some excuse. The excuse for the Axum “Massacre” (where allegedly up to 800 died) was that hyenas ate the bodies.

Obviously the Tigrayans came out much worse, but the vast majority was self inflicted. Whenever they were allegedly “massacred” and proof was asked to verify, there was always some excuse. The excuse for the Axum “Massacre” (where allegedly up to 800 died) was that hyenas ate the bodies.

I can't speak of evidence, as the Tigray region haven't been completely restored despite peace-agreement. I'll wait until then (especially removal of EDF and FANO) to examine the full scope and judge the evidence for fatalities and the alleged war crimes. However, most of civilians casualties are said to have come from EDF + FANO which wouldn't be surprising either to me.

In any case, it's also funny how you said 'plight of Amharas compared to Tigrayans'. So far it's been proven from top regime officials (many of them being the same Amharas whining now, lol) openly talking about literary exterminating Tigrayans and inciting the public to target them if they were to be seen etc. This is not to paint them as innocent since the animosity is mutual, but I've yet to see the same magnitude from Tigrayan gov't officials.

I've got no dog in this fight between them as it doesn't concern me, but it will take a lot until a Amharas can prove their treatment comparable to that of Tigrayans.

Amxars skinned their knees and are saying they lost a limb. Qaaylo dheer

seldiboy

This Fano vs Ethiopia is not as strong and deadly as Tigray war
The TDF was a breakoff of the ENDF. The War in Tigray resembled much more conventional warfare (trenches, human waves, heavy artillery etc). Fano is pretty much a guerrilla-style militia. It's more beneficial for them to slowly erode away at the ENDF and make the situation more and more precarious than taking heavy casualties trying to sustain territorial gains

Trending

Latest posts